Weapons mechanic

To talk about armor mechanics I think there should be first devised a weapon damage mechanics first.

First, I think enemies should not always be able to hit the player.

A sword fight is mainly composed of parrying with own weapon(s)/shield, volts and grabbing. Some nice combat animations could be made :)

When a strike lands is either :

• critical (critical strikes land at - body areas not covered with armor - lower tiers armor have many open areas OR
  • - areas at the joints of the high grade armor )
  • normal (hit lands upon armor and the damage is absorbed by it to a certain degree )

Enemies/players could also critically miss (eg: they swallow a fly while striking or suffer a mini heart attack when landing a hit with that ultra heavy great sword or the timing of the strike was awfully misjudged) => automatically the chance to a critical strike from opponent

# a player with high dexterity could trigger more critically misses from enemies but that does not mean that he can always capitalize it with a critical strike against them.

# being more proficient with a light weapon gives the player the ability to react more quickly and successfully land a critical strike, increasing this chance

# a player with a heavy weapon (more damage per weapon pound) is more susceptible to critical fail against an enemy but when this weapon lands on enemy, it strikes HARD.

#being more proficient with such massive weapons closes the gap and reduces the chance to critically fail

Critical strikes damage go directly to HEALTH

Normal weapon damage that lands on armor goes to STAMINA

• better armor = better damage reduction because of higher armor damage threshold
  • armor damage threshold: strikes on armor that do not have enough force behind them and do not pass the armors damage threshold =no damage to stamina

Second type of armor damage threshold:

• critical strikes (possibly triggered by opponent's critical fail) => critical strike to a critical armor area
  • critical armor area : - body areas not covered by armor - lower tiers
    - areas at the joints of the the higher grade armor

#body areas not covered by armor => 0% critical damage reduction => all critical strike damage goes to health

#areas at the joints of the the higher grade armor => 30% - 75% critical strike damage reduction => decreased damage to health

• weapon damage type and how efficient an armor is dissipating that kind of type of damage ; there's no armor "immune" to a specific type of physical damage.

damage type : composed of three variables:

#cutting - lacerations of the soft tissues produced by sharp edges, sectioning arteries and muscle.

#energy transfer - trauma caused by heavy blunt objects transferring their kinetic energy, resulting in crushing the soft tissues and lesions to bone, organ ruptures

#penetration - wound caused by a massive force concentrated in a very small area resulting in skin, muscle and bone piercing.

Capture1.PNG

After my realization that White March has the same XP reward problem, I don't even have the drive to launch game anymore because I hated so much reaching Twin Elms with a level cap in vanilla PoE that I don't wish to relive that experience.