Fat acceptance in Project Eternity

Whut, has no one yet mentioned that there were several NPC body model types in Baldur's Gate, including fat people? :p

Of course, they were never adventurers. And the "old geezer" body model NPCs were emaciated miners and beggars...

*cough wheeze* ...My lung! It's floppin' all over the dirt! ....Damn.

The KS Collector's Edition does not include the Collector's Book.

Which game hook brought you to Project Eternity and interests you the most?

PE will not have co-op/multiplayer, console, or tablet support (sources): [0] [1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7]

Write your own romance mods because there won't be any in PE.

"But what is an evil? Is it like water or like a hedgehog or night or lumpy?" -(Digger)

"Most o' you wanderers are but a quarter moon away from lunacy at the best o' times." -Alvanhendar (Baldur's Gate 1)

I am going to make my Forton a sumo wrestler. That way he will live up to his true potential. Plus combat would be more entertaining to watch.

One more thought: if a person is fat enough they can be used as an impromptu boulder for rolling down hills at enemies or as a siege weapon. A really fat fighter could take out most of a group of enemies.

Wow, I can't say how much this massive amount of support means to me, guys! Thank you so much!

Everyone in here is checking their privileges, realizing how wrong they were in their perceptions.

By the way, I think that is time to realize how transsexual, obese, black, lesbian, short, woman are underrepresented in RPGs, this should change too!

• Like 2

I think we have to account for every potential alien race out there. Including fat versions. The future could get really awkward if we didn't.

"What if a mid-life crisis is just getting halfway through the game and realising you put all your points into the wrong skill tree?"

Having locations where food is scarce and fat not only improves social standing but also beauty and attractiveness, would be cool (as well as culturally realistic). Would be great to go to some place and have everyone ogles a character that is usually ignored the most.

That said, there should also be some isolated communities where the only abundantly available type of food makes everyone fat and everyone is crazy about thin people (would be very culturally realistic, too :))

I wouldn't mind being a fat and strong character, kinda like the 105+ kg weight lifters in the Olympics.

Being just fat wouldn't work for an adventurer. You'd just get winded and hold everyone up. All the NPCs look fit and ready to go. The PC should too.

Maybe a cameo by fat cartman would be appropriate, you know, for inspiration. "Follow your dreams. You can attain your goals. I'm living proof."

"Now to find a home for my other staff."
My Project Eternity Interview with Adam Brennecke

I'm assuming this thread isn't meant seriously but, it really wouldn't surprise me if it was, given the PC police that have essentially crawled out of the woodwork to decry the rampant bigotry of video games on this forum. On the off chance that this is serious...no.

Well, there will always be individuals of social privilege that don't recognize the scope and significance of the issues that marginalized minorities face. I appreciate your input nonetheless; discourse is the first step to equality.

Edited by mcmanusaur
  • Like 1

Well, there will always be individuals of social privilege that don't recognize the scope and significance of the issues that marginalized minorities face. I appreciate your input nonetheless; discourse is the first step to equality.

still can't tell if serious...

still can't tell if serious...

Since I can't take him seriously with the forum icon he's using, I'm assuming he's not serious.

• Like 1

"Now to find a home for my other staff."
My Project Eternity Interview with Adam Brennecke