Fat acceptance in Project Eternity

This thread puts my ageism thread to shame :( Now we're going to have 20 year-old fat guys in the game, but no 70 year-old skinny guys. What's the deal?

That would be awesome too :) in Baldur's Gate I think they were represented mostly by being Mage's. With mods you get small "portraits" that enhance the experience of imagining that they are older and skinny (same thing with "peasant paperdoll").

Also, Forton the Monk :)

Forton also isn't old. Is the drugs he's been doing. It's like meth. You're skinny, with bad teeth, and wrinkles. Forton is a svef-head.

Edited by Hormalakh
  • Like 2

My blog is where I'm keeping a record of all of my suggestions and bug mentions.

http://hormalakh.blogspot.com/  UPDATED 9/26/2014

My DXdiag:

http://hormalakh.blogspot.com/2014/08/beta-begins-v257.html

Forton also isn't old. Is the drugs he's been doing. It's like meth. You're skinny, with bad teeth, and wrinkles. Forton is a svef-head.

Spoiler alert.
  • Like 3
"What if a mid-life crisis is just getting halfway through the game and realising you put all your points into the wrong skill tree?"

I don't think there are many fast food chains such as McDonalds' in P:E's setting. No food additives either. Plus, you get daily exercise: you hack and slash and carry all kinds of equipment that can weigh over 100 kilo in total -- while running for days and days straight. You'll be fit enough.

Edited by Keldorn

I don't like to think of them as fat. More ... boisterous!

Just take 'em to your nearest inn, they'll be the life of the party. They could even be the party. You could just back out and leave them to it, and they'd still be going in the morning, when you're halfway to Ciderholme accompanied by a bright-eyed lass with large dreams and the innocence to believe they can be accomplished. Ah, it's a wonderful life.

If I bring my party to an inn and stay there day and night, for months, drinking beer and eating good food, I want to grow fat.

I know they have limited resources, but we need this game to be realistic.

"What if a mid-life crisis is just getting halfway through the game and realising you put all your points into the wrong skill tree?"

I'm sure there's a real point in this thread somewhere, but mostly I'm enjoying all the smiling that's happening to my face as I read the clever responses.

Yes, this is a thread made of greasy, hi-calorie win!

"Now to find a home for my other staff."
My Project Eternity Interview with Adam Brennecke

Maybe they can create a DLC to satisfiy mcmanusaur and Hormalakh: Project Eternally Fat Old Nerds. Or perhaps you can just take a picture of yourselves and import that as your avatar? Win for everyone.

This post just gets me all sorts of riled up. I don't even know what to say. I'm going to go get a sandwich and apply some bengay before my joints start acting up...

• Like 1

My blog is where I'm keeping a record of all of my suggestions and bug mentions.

My DXdiag:

Fat acceptance is for sissies. Fat supremacy is the future.

When you meet elves they are all anorexic.

This in particular needs correcting. Don't get me wrong, I want elves in P:E to be depicted much like elves are depicted in most fantasy fiction; nigh-immortal, haughty, absolutely deadly, living at one with nature and the world, with a culture and civilization we poor humans could only dream of.

But I want the P:E elves to be hugely obese.

I want them to speak of the superiority of their people to we short-lived humans even as they gorge on a platter of fried chicken and a tub of ice cream. I want to see them laugh and jiggle merrily as they fire their long bows or fight with their long swords, rolls of sweaty blubber glistening in the forest sun. I want to see tree houses buckling and collapsing to the forest floor from the weight of their inhabitants.

I want fat elves. We are now a fat world. Anorexic elves, so often depicted as 'superior' to humans, send the absolute wrong message. I want to know I can be an elf and still polish off an entire tray of enchiladas single-handed.

• Like 2

Forton confirmed reincarnation of

I hope that Forton has a attack called the Forton ****atoo Quill Stab.

My DXdiag:

I want them to speak of the superiority of their people to we short-lived humans even as they gorge on a platter of fried chicken and a tub of ice cream. I want to see them laugh and jiggle merrily as they fire their long bows or fight with their long swords, rolls of sweaty blubber glistening in the forest sun. I want to see tree houses buckling and collapsing to the forest floor from the weight of their inhabitants.

I accept this notion and, by extension, demand that elves have the ability to surgically replace their bottom jaw with a serving platter. I refuse to believe that superior beings with such a love for good food and good life would not invent a more efficient method of consumption. With this new PlatterJaw™, all an elf has to do to satiate their hunger is place the succulent morsels on the platter, and tilt their head back. It's so easy! Buy it now!

• Like 1

Forton is skinny. I bet he's a vegetarian or something. .

That would explain why he looks so angry.

• Like 1

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Fat elves and skinny dwarves (Sagani).

Skinny, bow wielding, dwarves.

I'm not sure I can cope with all these newfangled ideas.

Edited by mstark
  • Like 1