JayDGee

Its Movember once again.

That wonderful time of the year when people look at me funny make comments then their friend tells them its for charity and they feel bad.

Yes its time to Grow a Mo.

As its day 1 I am now clean shaven as per the rules, by the end of the month I should have a proud chopper style stache.

http://mobro.co/JayDGee

None of this is really happening. There is a man. With a typewriter. This is all part of his crazy imagination. 

Mo's can be awesome, but not really seeing a P.E. connection, so moved to WoT. :)

• Like 1
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Danish busses are going all in.. I actually didn't know about Movember this until I saw them. :) and the chauffeurs have been asked to let their moustaches grow (if they want) to support the cause.

17814eff2a094a71ab221880d1e990d1_Movember.JPG

• Like 1

Fortune favors the bald.

Probably an awareness thing, Gorgon. If you don't normally have a mustache, folks notice when you grow one. I'm shaving my pirate beard, but I might keep the 'stache until December, I guess.

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

Call me naive, but I don't understand the economic of mustaches and how they generate revenue. Does it really bring in people who otherwise would not have donated.

Yes.

People have always donated to people willing to do something for a cause otherwise children in need and red nose wouldn't exist. and Live aid would have been a failure.

http://uk.movember.com/leaderboards/ shows how much has been raised so far, generally speaking I think most of that money would not have been going to cancer research.

The fundraising while important isn't the main goal of Movember, its awareness a shocking high percentage of men in the at risk category don't get tested for testicular cancer.

If me growing a stupid moustache gets 1 of my friends to get a health check then I consider it a success.

Likewise any man reading this who has never had a health check please do. 1 in 3 people will develop cancer at some point in their lives. Early detection is always the best change at surviving.

None of this is really happening. There is a man. With a typewriter. This is all part of his crazy imagination. 

But I can't grow a mustache if I already have one...

Sadly double-stache technology eludes us at this time. I hear the Australians are working on it*

*TF2 Humour

I can't grow a moustache, period. All the facial hair just stops at a certain length so I can't look much more facial-hairier than Shepard from Mass Effect. Which is weird because my dad has had a thick moustache since... forever. Balls-out handlebar in the 70s, too.

• Like 1

I can't grow a moustache, period. All the facial hair just stops at a certain length so I can't look much more facial-hairier than Shepard from Mass Effect. Which is weird because my dad has had a thick moustache since... forever. Balls-out handlebar in the 70s, too.

That's the mo I'm going for this year

The only thing that I got against Movember is that it's in November, which is a month into my yearly "growing a santa's beard for the winter"-cycle. Had it been somewhere between March-September where I don't grow a full beard, I wouldn't mind. But since it tends to get pretty cold here in the winter, I simply will not be without that full beard this year, and the bigger it is in december when the cold hits, the better.

I did have a horseshoe last year through Movember, but the beard wasn't big enough for my taste when christmas came around.....

I grew a moustache last November but not planning to this year. I think it can look great on some people but I have a face that is like... It's not built for a moustache at all. I have pretty weak jaw, and can't grow a really thick moustache so I just end up looking like... Well, something not so handome.

Listen to my home-made recordings (some original songs, some not): http://www.youtube.c...low=grid&view=0

I grew a moustache last November but not planning to this year. I think it can look great on some people but I have a face that is like... It's not built for a moustache at all. I have pretty weak jaw, and can't grow a really thick moustache so I just end up looking like... Well, something not so handome.

I look Terrible with a moustache last year people deliberately kept there kids away from me. Still going to do it :p