Amnesia: A Machine for Pigs

BruceVC

I thought that the first game from Frictional games in the series, Amnesia : Dark Descent was the most terrifying game I have ever played. Anyway there next game is about to be released. Check out the video below, looks very creepy. The best way to play these games is to turn the lights off and use Headphones.

http://www.rockpaper...er/#more-129976

Edited by BruceVC
  • Like 1

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Looks even scarier then the first one, and i really enjoyed that (as much as you can enjoy this sort of game). I will definetly buy it. No other series brings out the horror like this one.

2 atoms walk into a bar, the one says " I believe i have lost an electron!" the other says " Are you sure?" the first atom says " I'm positive! "

It's probably a bit fanboy-ish of me but I'm kinda worried that this will turn out to be a disappointment seeing as how Frictional is only in a producer role for it...

That said, I love the idea of "A Machine for Pigs" conceptually. It sounds like it could be something really disturbing.

Listen to my home-made recordings (some original songs, some not): http://www.youtube.c...low=grid&view=0

Looks even scarier then the first one, and i really enjoyed that (as much as you can enjoy this sort of game). I will definetly buy it. No other series brings out the horror like this one.

Well said, I concur :)

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Can't wait for this game.

I haven't been scared from a game like Amnesia since I played resident evil 1.

There was another one for gamecube....sanity's requiem or something, it was more freaky than scary though.

But yeah...the first Amnesia...my god the water level.

Edited by jivex5k

I thought that the first game from Frictional games in the series, Amnesia : Dark Descent was the most terrifying game I have ever played. Anyway there next game is about to be released. Check out the video below, looks very creepy. The best way to play these games is to turn the lights off and use Headphones.

http://www.rockpaper...er/#more-129976

I loved Amnesia: The Dark Descent, even if I could only stand to play it for 45 minutes maximum before I would need to take a breather to calm myself down. This new game looks like it will be fantastic. I really love Frictional's approach to horror, which started with the Penumbra series. I like how horror is built on anxiety, feeling of helplessness, anticipation, atmosphere, and mind f*cks, rather than startle tricks (monster jumps out of a closet... I'm looking at you, Doom 3) or scary looking demons, splatter them with your plasma rifle.

• Like 1

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

I really liked Amnesia The Dark Descent like most people here and like @ Star Wars i'm kinda worried for the sequel mostly because i hate dev changes in middle of a series and that it might ruin the atmosphere of the original game but that said it does look good from what i've seen so i'm not going to condemn the game before it's out, let's hope for the best.

Amnesia was one of a very few games that would make me stop a play session because I've had enough.

Heh, same here. I actually never finished the game. I loved what I played through...the atmosphere, the graphic/gameplay design. But after awhile I just couldn't take the constant tension anymore. I usually prefer games for relaxation or stress relief, not to increase my stress. :lol: So it's become another of those games that I mean to get back to "one day." During a bright sunny day, perhaps.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

I didn't get very far into Amnesia before fearquitting and uninstalling - I am the worst kind of coward. Once I've got some spare time I've resolved to let's play this with a facecam and put it on youtube (in the dark with headphones on loudly, of course) - nothing motivates to finish something like the fear of public failure.

That being said, what I've seen of this one so far just hasn't hit that horror sweet spot. Still, Frictional and chineseroom seem to know what they're doing.

Edited by TrueNeutral
  • Like 2

Heh, same here. I actually never finished the game. I loved what I played through...the atmosphere, the graphic/gameplay design. But after awhile I just couldn't take the constant tension anymore. I usually prefer games for relaxation or stress relief, not to increase my stress. :lol: So it's become another of those games that I mean to get back to "one day." During a bright sunny day, perhaps.

I have finished it. After a certain point towards the end you get more used to it once the novelty of what the game does has worn off but it surely saturates your senses to the end. It's definitely the scariest game I've ever seen.

Edited by Fighter

It's definitely the scariest game I've ever seen.

Yeah...I'm not easily "scared" by games/movies (gore, boo moments, "horror") but anything that produces that much sustained tension tends to get to me/wear me out before I can become more blase about it. ;) System Shock2 is one of the few other games that have given me a similar level of constant suspense like that.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2013/03/12/tcr-machine-for-pigs-now-much-more-like-amnesia/#more-145182

More information folks and a  release date in 2 weeks more or less. Yaaaaaaaay.

Time to get scared, very scared

• Like 1

John Milton 

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2013/03/12/tcr-machine-for-pigs-now-much-more-like-amnesia/#more-145182

More information folks and a  release date in 2 weeks more or less. Yaaaaaaaay.

Time to get scared, very scared

So much for keeping my tidy whities clean.  :p

• Like 1

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

• 3 months later...

Guys for those interested this game has been delayed again for few months. Oh well I would rather have a finished product than a rushed and buggy game.

Watch this video again on the IGN link that will show  you some of the tantalizing horror that awaits us when this game is released :w00t:

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/06/05/amnesia-a-machine-for-pigs-delayed-again

Edited by BruceVC
  • Like 1

John Milton 

Looks cool. Can't wait to play and never finishing it, because I am too scared to continue after the first few hours.

• Like 1

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

Looks cool. Can't wait to play and never finishing it, because I am too scared to continue after the first few hours.

Yeah those games can be terrifying.

I turn all the lights off and use my headset to create the perfect spooky atmosphere :skull:

John Milton 

I'll bring my brown trousers. Finishing the original was one of the most grueling yet cathartic experiences of my life.

I especially enjoy it when the developers describe "oh, you used that game mechanism to survive the last game? yeah, you can't do that anymore". "Oh, you counted on being able to run past the monsters? Yeah, now we have tiny corridors and a million line of sight blockers." "Oh, you counted on the monster being gone when the music ends? Yep, removed that feature."

Edited by TrueNeutral
  • Like 1