Having an issue with the no healing magic or medicine

Character takes damage to health and stamina from every hit. Stamina don't protect character from health lose.

That's not how I understood it, do you have a source please?

Sawyer gave examples of how when you take damage, you might lose 10 stamina and 1 or 2 health. Something like that. I don't have an exact quote for you offhand tho. eg, stamina is not actually a "shield."

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Character takes damage to health and stamina from every hit. Stamina don't protect character from health lose.

That's not how I understood it, do you have a source please?

In Health and stamina systems update's thread Josh gives this example

http://forums.obsidian.net/topic/61533-update-24-less-than-30-hours-to-go-life-and-death-and-audio-cd-soundtrack/page__st__20?do=findComment&comment=1241994

I have to say I honestly did not expect this to be confusing to anyone. Here's an example. Bob the Fighter has 32 Stamina and 30 Health. He gets hit by a number of attacks that subtract 25 Stamina and 5 health (leaving him with 8 Stamina and 25 Health). He is a fighter, so he chooses to use one of his abilities to regenerate Stamina. He does this and quickly bounces from 8 Stamina to 15. Unfortunately, he gets smacked again for 20 Stamina and 4 Health. He is knocked out (effectively 0 Stamina) and at 21 Health. The guys who knocked him out move to other targets.

Francine the priest casts restore stamina on Bob when combat is over. He recovers to full Stamina quickly, but is still at 21 Health. Depending on how the next few fights go, they will either have to retreat to rest or find a safe resting spot up ahead.

Here's another post he made on the topic:

http://forums.obsidian.net/topic/61958-crossing-from-fun-to-frustrating-by-design/page__st__60#entry1264456

He says first that "stamina lost to health lost will likely be a variable ratio" and "not a shield for health," then he gives a Darklands example as an analogue.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

I don't really care about the realism about the game so I won't speak about real wounds and real healing here, but only the game mechanics I'd like to see in PE.

Like many, I prefer a system where health and vitality/stamina are 2 different resources. The first measuring the actual integrity of the character's body, the second, his capacity to turn a severe blow to a scratch or absorb a dangerous hit in a way they won't really damage his body, but it still hurt and the character will have to rest to recover from vitality loss. Health loss should have more impact and should take much more time to heal. I'd suggest several days of even few weeks to fully recover without magical healing. Magical healing is also something we shouldn't be able to use too often, or at least not easily during a fight. I'm not against a powerful spell that invigorates characters by "healing" vitality. But being really hit and having his body suffering from real damages should not be as easy to deal with. Maybe a healing spell could have a very long casting time to make it difficult to use during fight.

I think I should write it in another topic, but the distinction between health and vitality can be a good tool to determine the mechanics of critical hits or the equivalent of a sneak attack : damage inflicted directly to health or passing through damage reductions...

Sorry for my english ><

Edited by Mikaw

I'm less concerned abut the instant lack of instant healing spells, and more concerned with how disease and sickness are going to be balanced.

Am I going to get a cold/fever and suffer stat penalties then have to wait a week in game by sleeping before it's removed. Or am I going to get bitten by a giant rat during a quest make it half way to a rest area and then die in a road ditch because there is no/limitied medicine.

With no/limited healing it make it more likely sickness and disease become unbalanced killing machines that frustrate the player, and I will need to hear more about how these ailments will effect the play before I can really judge if healing is needed in game.