BruceVC

My Little Pony

Breaking Bad

Homeland

Dexter

Game of Thrones

Colbert Report

Mad Men

One recent survey by a Washington-based researcher concluded that Americans were far more willing to participate in cannibalism then they have in the past hundred years. America is a nation that will not suffer abominations lightly.

I might enjoy Game of Thrones more if it wasn't for the book series. It's just that much better as a book series.

I can't give enough praise to how brilliant the books are, absolutely captivating. George R R Martin is a genius, the way you get to relate to so many characters displays some of his skill with the pen. I really encourage people to read the books.

Edited by BruceVC

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Serialized television is very popular right now, and so I always find it kind of refreshing to see a show that has an episodic format :) They may tend to not be as themetiacally deep, or have the same riveting story-lines, but they serve a purpose. I have recently started watching NCIS: Los Angeles, and while the show doesn't really make me think, I am quite enjoying it :).

Twitter: @Chrono2012

I just watch Simpsons, Futurama in terms of series that are still alive. Do watch a couple of British comedies - Thin Blue Line and Yes, Minister and The IT Crowd every now and then.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

I hate to disagree about the Others, which I watched, but it did have some issues. I think it was a bit sloppy, although I also found it entertaining. It could have done better with a couple fewer psychics in the cast. Still, I hated watching it go. How about this for a question, what about shows that started great, had wonderful potential, but completely fell apart before getting cancelled. I'm not talking long runs, since you can't really pick apart a show that lasted 4 or 5 seasons before going downhill. I love Frasier, but the last few seasons were extremely uneven. Still, eleven seasons? I don't think they need to feel ashamed of anything. Now, I will say that I was excited by Flashforward. I thought it had great potential and then it went gonzo. The biggest thing that bugged me was how much Fiennes' character fixated on his wife cheating him. Hello! The world's circling the bowl, maybe you should worry about your wife screwing someone else a little bit less.

I wanted to check out Brimstone since it looked really cool, but I can't find episodes on netflix and I don't want to pay for Hulu. I have plenty of movies and show I can watch, it's just not worth it to fixate on ones that aren't available at the moment. I will be able to watch the Wire and I think the guy who plays Fringe director Broyles is the lead in the show and that is a very good sign. One very under-rated actor.

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

I will be able to watch the Wire and I think the guy who plays Fringe director Broyles is the lead in the show and that is a very good sign. One very under-rated actor.

There is no lead in The Wire. But yes Lance Reddick has plenty of screentime, and his character is a LOT more interesting than his role in Fringe (what an awful show btw, I just don't get what people like about this).

• Like 1

I used to like Fringe. It never had that 'jump the shark' moment, but it has gotten to be so dreadfully depressing and brutally boring that I just can't make myself watch it any more. Instead of completely going nutso and dropping the ball, they've just kind of let the ball slip from their fingers slo-motion. However, Lance Reddick is still an under-rated actor.

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

I used to like Fringe. It never had that 'jump the shark' moment, but it has gotten to be so dreadfully depressing and brutally boring that I just can't make myself watch it any more. Instead of completely going nutso and dropping the ball, they've just kind of let the ball slip from their fingers slo-motion. However, Lance Reddick is still an under-rated actor.

I agree wholeheartedly. I thought the first three seasons were pretty well done, excluding the musical and the pilot. My God I hated the opening episode. Everyone was just so...wooden. I liked how they took their time with the other universe buildup, and it was nice how it was partially serialized and partly a monster of the week show. But last season didn't do much for me at all, and I am really really struggling getting into the new episodes.

Brian Cranston may be hogging nearly all of the Emmys, but I've always thought John Noble deserved one. Walternate may possibly be my favorite tv villain.

This list would probably change every three or four years.

1.Carnivale - I can watch this biannually and never get bored with it.

2.Band Of Brothers - Excellent, but man this one always makes me feel sad watching it. I'm overdue for a rewatch.

3.Homeland - Only a season and a half in, and I'm already hooked. Please continue to captivate me.

4.Breaking Bad - Five seasons and only one filler episode that sticks out. Great work, creative team. Brian Cranston could convince me to buy swampland in Florida. I was literally afraid every time Tuco was on screen.

5.Angel/Buffy - Each show got noticeably got better as time went on. That final battle at the Hellmouth was pretty epic.

6.LOST - That last season wasn't all that and a bag of chips. I loved convincing myself that I had a clue as to what was going on.

Honorable mentions:

Heroes - Absolutely captivated by the first season. What a let down afterwards.

Spartacus: Blood and The Sand - It's a shame about Andy Whitfield. Kudos for carrying on, but it's just not the same. J think I liked the sheer over the top-ness of it all.

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Jaguars4ever is still alive.  No word of a lie.

Yeah, Carnivale. Yet another great show canceled before its time. ...And you're one of the reasons I watched Carnivale and LOST, KQD. lol I actually liked the last couple of episodes on LOST quite a bit. I think the series as a whole was just freaky enough, and had so many mental gyrations, that it was something better experienced with folks who liked to talk about it. I remember reading all the posts folks made around here about LOST, including the LOST threads. I really hoped Flashforward would take its place, but that one fell on its face about midway through the first season.

...But, yeah, Carnivale still hurts. That's up there with Firefly for me. There really are too many shows to narrow it down to a top seven. On any given day, you'll probably remember a different seven.

Edited by Cantousent

Obsidian Plays

Yeah, Carnivale. Yet another great show canceled before its time. ...And you're one of the reasons I watched Carnivale and LOST, KQD. lol I actually liked the last couple of episodes on LOST quite a bit. I think the series as a whole was just freaky enough, and had so many mental gyrations, that it was something better experienced with folks who liked to talk about it. I remember reading all the posts folks made around here about LOST, including the LOST threads. I really hoped Flashforward would take its place, but that one fell on its face about midway through the first season.

...But, yeah, Carnivale still hurts. That's up there with Firefly for me. There really are too many shows to narrow it down to a top seven. On any given day, you'll probably remember a different seven.

I loved Carnivale. It was one the first real freaky, apart from Twin Peaks, TV series I watched . I liked the whole Devil\Number of the beast theme.

And Lost kept me captivated exactly because I was desperate to find the secrets of the Island. But there several things they didn't really explain properly. But at least main purpose of the island was revealed at the end

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Lost is one of those examples where the journey was better than the destination. I loved theorizing with other fans about possible clues and how they all fit together.

I even maintain that some of the fan theories were a lot more intriguing than how the writers themselves wrapped it up in the final season. I did love the idea of the alternate timeline, but the execution ended up just horrible, and the resolution of the original timeline was absolutely worthless. To top it off, they completely ruined all the mythology (which imo was the show's main hook) with an utterly uninteresting explanation of what was so special about the island/monster/Jacob.

In the end, the entire show was about

protecting a light from a cloud.

Seriously.

And that's not even mentioning all the threads that were left to hang (Walt being the most blatant one). In retrospect, some subplots just feel like an awful waste of time.

What disappointed me most was that the writers clearly didn't have everything planned from the beginning as they claimed. And for a show with so much emphasis on lore and mythology, they should have. I always thought that once the show ended, I'd watch it again from the start to discover new clues and connections, but I haven't felt the urge to go through it all again, and I'm pretty sure I never will.

Edited by Pope

Cowboy Bepop

Samurai X : Trust and Betrayal

Azumanga Daioh

Neon Genesis Evangelion(orginal TV series with End of Evangelion movie instead of two last episodes)

IT Crowd

Police Squad

Band of Brothers

Well if animu counts I'll have to revise my earlier list.

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

In no particular order

GI Joe Renegades

The Newsroom

Firefly

Once Upon a Time

Stargate SG1

Castle

Game of Thrones

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

Top 7 shows currently on the air in no particular order

Castle

True Blood

Game of Thrones

The Walking Dead

Fringe

Psych

Supernatural

Not sure about all time as I don't really watch much TV and have only slowly started watching more the past 5 or so years

Free games updated 3/4/21

Guest The Architect

I can barely think of 7 TV shows I've seen more than a handful of episodes of let alone an all time favourite list. So I'm just going to say that The Sopranos is by far my favourite TV series of all time.

Top 7 shows currently on the air in no particular order

Castle

True Blood

Game of Thrones

The Walking Dead

Fringe

Psych

Supernatural

Not sure about all time as I don't really watch much TV and have only slowly started watching more the past 5 or so years

True Blood was one of my favorites, but last season was all sorts of suck. Pun not intended.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

I hate to disagree about the Others, which I watched, but it did have some issues. I think it was a bit sloppy, although I also found it entertaining. It could have done better with a couple fewer psychics in the cast. Still, I hated watching it go. How about this for a question, what about shows that started great, had wonderful potential, but completely fell apart before getting cancelled. I'm not talking long runs, since you can't really pick apart a show that lasted 4 or 5 seasons before going downhill. I love Frasier, but the last few seasons were extremely uneven. Still, eleven seasons? I don't think they need to feel ashamed of anything. Now, I will say that I was excited by Flashforward. I thought it had great potential and then it went gonzo. The biggest thing that bugged me was how much Fiennes' character fixated on his wife cheating him. Hello! The world's circling the bowl, maybe you should worry about your wife screwing someone else a little bit less.

I wanted to check out Brimstone since it looked really cool, but I can't find episodes on netflix and I don't want to pay for Hulu. I have plenty of movies and show I can watch, it's just not worth it to fixate on ones that aren't available at the moment. I will be able to watch the Wire and I think the guy who plays Fringe director Broyles is the lead in the show and that is a very good sign. One very under-rated actor.

Wait, you "disagree" that The Others is someone else's favorite show?

That's like someone making a "what's your favorite food thread," someone says "pepperoni pizza" and you respond "I disagree, pepperoni is not your favorite pizza topping, it is overdone and childish."

Edited by AGX-17

I hate to disagree about the Others...

Wait, you "disagree" that The Others is someone else's favorite show?

That's like someone making a "what's your favorite food thread," someone says "pepperoni pizza" and you respond "I disagree, pepperoni is not your favorite pizza topping, it is overdone and childish."

I guess that's one way to take my comments. Another, more rational way would be to understand that we're discussing television shows and I disagree with Amentep's view rather than saying I know his mind better than he does. ...And, yeah, if someone says he likes pepperoni on his pizza because it's a great meat, someone else might rationally say, "I disagree. Pepperoni is okay, but I think italian sausage is better."

Frankly, and I'm not saying this to be snarky, but I honestly think your response to my comment is much more puzzling, especially since I think I was responding to what Amentep said anyway. He's usually pretty good about speaking up for himself. Not that I'm offended, just kind of bemused.

Obsidian Plays

I think he was just poking fun at the way you worded it Cant :p

Aw, well, I have to plead guilty on that one. I do sometimes find weird ways to word things. :Cant's sheepish grin icon:

Obsidian Plays