Shadowgate revived KS

This is a plus!

Although, is the world really that relevant? Haha.

I remember the guys that made Shadowgate made a variety of different settings, one of my favourites being Deja Vu!

Watch the video they bought the license for Deja Vu and Uninvited.

Presumably if this KS goes well they could recreate those as well!

Who knows maybe even a stretch goal :)

they posted an update. If we get 1000 likes on Facebook they will add some addtional content:

http://www.kickstart...te/posts/338043

“Seek Ye the Black Axe!

Update #2 · Oct. 29, 2012 · 11 comments

We thought we would do a fun update before Hurricane Sandy knocks on our front door… The Black Axe Update! What was the Black Axe, you say? Well, in the earliest release of Shadowgate, a mysterious arrow shot across the Grand Hallway and wedged itself into the wall. A message scrawled on an attached scroll read, “Seek Ye the Black Axe.” This puzzle never made it into the final game as there just wasn’t enough room on the floppy.

Was it a weapon of untold power for good or an evil creation of the damned? How can you find out? We’re glad you asked! If we get at least 1000 likes on the Zojoi Facebook page, we will ensure that this unreleased quest/puzzle makes it into the new game!”

Edited by Giantenemycrab

Update today for new digital rewards:

We thought rather than creating a new digital tier, we would add onto one. Our $30 tier now has two new rewards in it. The first is a 2014 digital wallpaper calendar called "The World of Shadowgate"- delivered in a boat load of resolutions. This 14 month calendar (going back to November of 2013) will feature the many fantastic locations outside the castle - all illustrated by Chris Cold. (Note: We will also offer each image without the calendar on it for convenience.) Second, we are offering you a digital version of the cloth MAP in many resolutions as well! This map will feature the world of Shadowgate as well, albeit from a birds-eye view :)

I vaguely remember a NES game that had a similar style to this. I remember playing through it with a friend every Friday after school. We had pizza and puzzled our way through the game. I remember there was a Sphinx with riddles. Those were good times. I can't remember if it was Shadowgate though?

We hit 50% in a flash but now were barely making any progress.

We need to get another $50k before the end so please consider pledging !

I'm chipping in after payday, too skint for now. :p

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

I vaguely remember a NES game that had a similar style to this. I remember playing through it with a friend every Friday after school. We had pizza and puzzled our way through the game. I remember there was a Sphinx with riddles. Those were good times. I can't remember if it was Shadowgate though?

Pretty sure it was

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&cd=2&ved=0CC4QFjAB&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.flyingomelette.com%2Freviews%2Fnes%2Fshadowgate.html&ei=TsGbULDfHIP6iwLqoIGYDA&usg=AFQjCNH-ibNMqlGeMXLEc0EQhi_q7drcqg&sig2=msx0-uHIdr9YBqyWovnQJg

So come pledge

No since waiting for.payday the money doesn't come out until after anyways :)

Good point. But I might pledge more when I see what my finances for the holiday season are... ;)

No since waiting for.payday the money doesn't come out until after anyways :)

Good point. But I might pledge more when I see what my finances for the holiday season are... ;)

Either way thanks for the support !

• 3 weeks later...

Got funded, btw. Too bad the SG shirt is in a tier that's way too high for me otherwise. :p

Nah man, they've made the shirts one of their addons now. You only need a base pledge of $10 or more for them. They've put all the addon stuff on the main page of the KS, just scroll down a bit. And, if you miss out (there's only 10 hours left right now), you can still use paypal on their website later.

Got funded, btw. Too bad the SG shirt is in a tier that's way too high for me otherwise. :p

Nah man, they've made the shirts one of their addons now. You only need a base pledge of $10 or more for them. They've put all the addon stuff on the main page of the KS, just scroll down a bit. And, if you miss out (there's only 10 hours left right now), you can still use paypal on their website later.

Eh. Not the "Official Backer shirt with the Shadowgate logo". Or I've lost my eyesight. ;)

Anyway, happy for them. And myself, to a rather large degree, I have fond memories of that game.