Ok. My own thread №1.

Hey guys! You ever wondered how can a single swordsman take on an army?

Well so did i! Then how about we discuss something common for the basic street fight?

And by that i mean all that tackle and grapple business that goes on in unfair fights which are ->

-> let's face it ->

-> FAR more popular than "En Garde!" tap-tap-tap

I'd be guessing that some dudes will now be like, hey it's fantasy!

and i'm gonna be like, dude, that's totally outdated

i mean

who wouldn't wanna get some real street fighting stuff goin' on?

to put their skill into shaping the chaos of random beatings into a death's graceful dance!

shouldn't be too easy, though, that's for sure

so who wants 2 get it on?

i know i do :bat:

Sorry :(

Here's the full text of the answer from Tim Cain.

Kaaaboom asks...

Hi Tim! I'm curious how the close combat in P:E will turn out. Will the melee of P:E encompass stuff like reach weapons, opportunity attacks, flanking, grappling, charging, prone/standing-modes and so forth?

Yes, we are looking to include many of these features into our close combat system. Specifically, opportunity attacks and flanking are definitely in, as well as charging. We're not sure about reach weapons yet (we need to figure out if that attribute on a weapon will be worthwhile enough in combat and will supportable with the appropriate UI), and while we will support prone positions, you won't be able to attack while prone because the animations involved are too different from attacks while standing that we would have to make every animation twice, once for standing and once for prone. This limitation also means that grappling abilities will not be included. There are too many new animations needed and special case limitations that apply, e.g. how does a human grapple a centaur or a dragon or an ooze?).

Well, at least there will be something! I mean, duh.

And there's no need for a special animation, imho, btw. Just a text informer like "Grapples--" - "Grappled!"

and then add some "Stun" or "Entangle" or "Reduced atk spd" effects, while occupying the grappler from performing other actions

shouldn't be too much of -- oh, what the hell

the guys are smart enough to eventually figure out if it's an option or not

soo yeah

just, uhm, keepin' up with all the fan activity

And there's no need for a special animation, imho, btw. Just a text informer like "Grapples--" - "Grappled!"

and then add some "Stun" or "Entangle" or "Reduced atk spd" effects, while occupying the grappler from performing other actions

fight_cartoon.jpg

Grappled! ;)

• Like 2

"It has just been discovered that research causes cancer in rats."

fight_cartoon.jpg

Grappled! ;)

See? That dude digs it! :dancing:

Your dude comes in for the grapple. I poke him with my stabby stick. *poke poke*

Uh, kinky?

WOW... I didn't even mean it that way. I was talking about my sword. I don't think street fighting works well in a world filled with swords and guns. Let's lave martial arts to the crazy kungfu monks that don't really exist...

My blog is where I'm keeping a record of all of my suggestions and bug mentions.

http://hormalakh.blogspot.com/  UPDATED 9/26/2014

My DXdiag:

http://hormalakh.blogspot.com/2014/08/beta-begins-v257.html

Your dude comes in for the grapple. I poke him with my stabby stick. *poke poke*

Uh, kinky?

WOW... I didn't even mean it that way. I was talking about my sword. I don't think street fighting works well in a world filled with swords and guns. Let's lave martial arts to the crazy kungfu monks that don't really exist...

Well, duh-uh!

There's an announced martial arts' err.. dealer.. npc

a monk? :dancing:

if im not mistaken

Edited by kabaliero

Hey guys! You ever wondered how can a single swordsman take on an army?

Well so did i! Then how about we discuss something common for the basic street fight?

Not really, I realize that's a Nash equilibrium scenario and the army can only win by attrition or coordination. They usually win by attrition.

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif