Wow, a lot of very touchy people in this thread. If I knew my question might cause some of you to get a stroke I wouldn't have asked it.

As long as the game is great I don't mind playing it with mouse and keyboard or with a controller. It's only a game after all, it's not the end of the world if it's played with controller or with a mouse.

Amen.

Edited by Malkaven

It's just a weird question, OP.

But you're right. People shouldn't be rude just because they don't agree with your preference. One shouldn't always conform to other people's opinion after all. What's best for others isn't always best for you. But it's like ordering a basic bowl of tomato soup, and ask to eat it with a knife. It's strange for other people around you to hear that, because the spoon is optimized for tomato soup. The spoon is great for this very task! We just want you to be like The Tick:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DBocpO2XUu0

Spoon!

Everyone forgot the reason why most where so attacked wasn't the consoller, but the OP stating he has "grown up, and thus can't game behind a desk"

So easy to just forget, I guess?

• Like 1

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee

Don't be so simplistic. How would you generate three pages of posts with responds like that?

Okay okay: With Xpadder you plug in your PS3, XBox, PSX, Joystiq, whatever you use-Controller, into your computer and Bind buttons/Mouse buttons etc. etc. in whatever way you want to get Control support for your game. Fast, easy, effective, cheap. In other words, Obsidian doesn't need to implement any support at all for it because there exists third-party programs that may or may not fulfill the task you wish for.

You can play Baldur's Gate with a Controller, or bind your buttons for Skyrim. Make projects specific to the game that you can easily load "Yay now I want to play Project: Eternity so I'll load that Project: Eternity Binding that I saved" etc. etc. I played Skyrim a little bit using XPadder and it works very well. It serves the function it intends to fulfill, so in my opinion Obsidian would just waste time on making Project: Eternity "Handcontroller"-Friendly.

OP - It's a PC game so you can use any control that works on the PC with any game out there.

They have programs that remap keys. Never really a good idea as you're limited to the number of buttons but it still will work.

Juneau & Alphecca Daley currently tearing up Tyria.

Xpadder doesn't magically turn a mouse driven interface into a gamepad driven interface. It's useful for a lot of keyboard or old DirectX gamepad controlled games. It allows for analogue stick control of the cursor but no one in their right mind would play games with it, analogue sticks do not make good mouse replacements.

Xpadder doesn't magically turn a mouse driven interface into a gamepad driven interface. It's useful for a lot of keyboard or old DirectX gamepad controlled games. It allows for analogue stick control of the cursor but no one in their right mind would play games with it, analogue sticks do not make good mouse replacements.

Frag FX is one way to do it.

If you are talking about being able to control the character (e.g., Walk with him by moving the analogue) we're talking about more than just having a controller. Then we're talking about "WASD" support for the keyboard (which you can later bind to the controller), which I wouldn't honestly mind (if it is easy to implement).

Edited by Osvir

Frag FX is one way to do it.

That's a great solution for OP, a mouse you can use on your couch.

I'm not sure if the keyboard attachment is compatible with the PC xbox controller. The base controller would need way more buttons to access all of the menu's. If the attachment is compatible you might have a shot at binding everything to the controller and the keyboard. Your only problem would be if you could move the characters via the analog stick

I dunno... It seems to me like, if one of the analogue sticks took over the function of the mouse cursor... and the "a" button took over clicking, you could play BG fairly easy. Sure you wouldn't get hot keys, but at the bare basic level it would be playable - somebody already posted above a program that would allow you to fool a program into believing you were mouse and keyboarding it up - the only major issue would be binding keys to game pad buttons and the responsiveness of the analogue stick may be garbage.

When in doubt, put your desktop in the kitchen and HOLD THE LINE. I had to do this for many years :D

I dunno... It seems to me like, if one of the analogue sticks took over the function of the mouse cursor... and the "a" button took over clicking, you could play BG fairly easy. Sure you wouldn't get hot keys, but at the bare basic level it would be playable - somebody already posted above a program that would allow you to fool a program into believing you were mouse and keyboarding it up - the only major issue would be binding keys to game pad buttons and the responsiveness of the analogue stick may be garbage.

When in doubt, put your desktop in the kitchen and HOLD THE LINE. I had to do this for many years :D

Have you ever used an analogue stick to control a cursor like a mouse? I have, on the Playstation in the 90's, it's terrible.

Can't you just map keyboard and mouse functions to your xbox controller? Why not just use a wireless mouse and wireless keyboard. Or you could always go high tech and control the mouse cursor with the power of your mind.

As for growing up I think grown up people are not supposed to play computer games at all. And no, not console games either. Also laptops are a pathetic gaming platform. I've never owned a laptop. The closest thing I had was a portable Epson typewriter with a one line LCD display.

Heaven forbid we should all be consigned to lives of drudgery and dullness until we are released from this purgatory in death.