As the topic says, will we be able to play the game with a controller (hopefully Xbox 360 one)?

I love it how I can play games on my laptop, sit on my couch and use X360 controller to play a game.

I played Fallout 3, Xcom and Sleeping Dogs like that and I it's so convenient.

LOL.

Console players.... unable to do a simple Google or forum search. Couch-convenience indeed. :thumbsup:

• Like 5

The KS Collector's Edition does not include the Collector's Book.

Which game hook brought you to Project Eternity and interests you the most?

PE will not have co-op/multiplayer, console, or tablet support (sources): [0] [1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7]

Write your own romance mods because there won't be any in PE.

"But what is an evil? Is it like water or like a hedgehog or night or lumpy?" -(Digger)

"Most o' you wanderers are but a quarter moon away from lunacy at the best o' times." -Alvanhendar (Baldur's Gate 1)

LOL.

Console players.... unable to do a simple Google or forum search. Couch-convenience indeed. :thumbsup:

I play my games on my laptop. Long gone are the days when I could set up a desktop at a desk and pla for hours and hours. Things change once you grow up.

• Like 2

The developers made it very clear that they don't want to compromise the functionality of the the game's interface by catering to console standards. This was stated in one of the very first interviews:

I'm tired of designing content and interactions that caters to consoles and console controllers.

Project Eternity is a PC-only release made in the spirit of the Infinity Engine games. I can't possibly imagine how one would play those games without a keyboard & mouse.

Edited by aVENGER
  • Like 3

LOL.

I play my games on my laptop. Long gone are the days when I could set up a desktop at a desk and pla for hours and hours. Things change once you grow up.

Not saying anything about your choice of places to play games, but this is a pretty weak arguement for why controllers should be present. Unless you had a catastrophic injury, or debilitating arthritis, you're perfectly capable of sitting at a desktop. You just don't want to.

Millions of people who've grown up demonstrate every day that they can spend hours and hours at a desk.

So honestly, it's kind of offensive when you try to insinuate that anyone who will sit at a desk isn't a grown up, and even more offensive while you make that statement simply because you've decided you don't want to sit at a desk.

• Like 5

I have 2 Xbox 360 pads I use on my PC, I've been using gamepads on computers for over 10 years, joysticks for over 20. Most of my gaming has been on PC, although I have had 3 consoles. Wanting to use a pad or sit on the couch has nothing to do with how old you are, or how long you can spend playing games. I have no idea how anybody thinks it's a good idea to play a squad based RPG, RTS, or FPS on a game pad, it's ridiculous. Designing these games for gamepads makes them significantly worse.

• Like 2

I have always played PC games with a mouse and keyboard. I do have Xbox on which I can play games when friends come over.

Recently I played RPGs by using an Xbox controller (The Witcher 2, Fallout 3, Kingdoms Of Amalur) and I love it. The thing is I don't have my own room anymore where I can play games (wife, baby, etc) so I play on my laptop hooked up to my TV. I love it.

Nothing wrong with having an extra option as long as it doesn't impede the gameplay.

• Like 1

Can't you just map keyboard and mouse functions to your xbox controller? Why not just use a wireless mouse and wireless keyboard. Or you could always go high tech and control the mouse cursor with the power of your mind.

As for growing up I think grown up people are not supposed to play computer games at all. And no, not console games either. Also laptops are a pathetic gaming platform. I've never owned a laptop. The closest thing I had was a portable Epson typewriter with a one line LCD display.

Edited by metiman
  • Like 1

JoshSawyer: Listening to feedback from the fans has helped us realize that people can be pretty polarized on what they want, even among a group of people ostensibly united by a love of the same games. For us, that means prioritizing options is important. If people don’t like a certain aspect of how skill checks are presented or how combat works, we should give them the ability to turn that off, resources permitting.

I have always played PC games with a mouse and keyboard. I do have Xbox on which I can play games when friends come over.

Recently I played RPGs by using an Xbox controller (The Witcher 2, Fallout 3, Kingdoms Of Amalur) and I love it. The thing is I don't have my own room anymore where I can play games (wife, baby, etc) so I play on my laptop hooked up to my TV. I love it.

Nothing wrong with having an extra option as long as it doesn't impede the gameplay.

Those are all 3D action RPGs - a genre which lends itself really well to a controller. Some of them are actually significantly worse without a controller. But just because those games work really well with a controller, this doesn't apply for all RPGs. This game is nothing like that. We know it's a squad based, top down, tactical RPG. If you've played any of the games which the developers have specifically mentioned *many* times as direct influences you would know how god-awful it would be to play them with a controller.

• Like 1

I can't see how using a controller on this type of game would be at all enjoyable. If you want to get that to work, you would probably have to do a lot of work to get it to be playable, and maybe core controlling would have to be changed. I would not support this.

As the topic says, will we be able to play the game with a controller (hopefully Xbox 360 one)?

I love it how I can play games on my laptop, sit on my couch and use X360 controller to play a game.

I played Fallout 3, Xcom and Sleeping Dogs like that and I it's so convenient.

....This game is not going to be like Fallout 3, XCOM and Sleeping Dogs.

Edited by AGX-17

Asking for controller support in P:E is not asking for convenience, since it would be a nightmare to control this type of game with it.

Get a cheap wireless mouse and keyboard. It will do more good for you, since your spectrum of games will then not be limited to only titles that support controllers. You may then even pick up some infinity engine games, you know, the ones P:E is trying to imitate.

• Like 1

If this was a turn-based game, I don't think it would be too difficult to do a version of the UI that caters to controllers, no, but when it comes to real-time with pause, I think the attempts we've seen in the past show pretty transparently that the experience just doesn't translate well and has to either be simplified for both the PC and console versions (Dragon Age II), or exclusively for the console versions (Dragon Age: Origins).

I mean, I'm sure there's a sweet point that hasn't been reached yet, but frankly I don't think this game is being developed for the audience that would like for that to be reached in the first place.

If this was a turn-based game, I don't think it would be too difficult to do a version of the UI that caters to controllers

Maybe not difficult but ceratinly undesirable and inferior. Look at ****ing x-com.

Say no to popamole!

I'm surprised you're even interested in PE with that attitude. And no, these things change when you decide to change them.

So you believe that having 11 buttons instead of 100+ wouldn't impede the gameplay? Amusing. Not to mention that you need mouse to point to stuff instead of telling the cursor 'go this way' with your analog sticks.. Why would you want to use a controller for that and deliberately cripple your effectiveness is beyond me.

Edited by Aoyagi