Crossing from fun to frustrating by design.

Will stamina deplete naturally during longer battles as you grow tired from constant exertion (perhaps after a number of rounds equal to ones constitution or what have you,) might that be decided through feats and such, or is it assumed that you trained long hours in order to grow accustomed to the rigours of the battlefield?

Quite an experience to live in misery isn't it? That's what it is to be married with children.

I've seen things you people can't even imagine. Pearly Kings glittering on the Elephant and Castle, Morris Men dancing 'til the last light of midsummer. I watched Druid fires burning in the ruins of Stonehenge, and Yorkshiremen gurning for prizes. All these things will be lost in time, like alopecia on a skinhead. Time for tiffin.

Tea for the teapot!

That's unlikely. I would rather not tie stamina to other actions. The purpose of having the statistic separate from health is to allow short-term damage to have a dramatic impact in a single fight without causing the full weight of that impact to carry over into subsequent battles. D&D addresses this through healing resources (cure x wounds spells/potions and, in 4E, healing surges) which must be spent to buoy party members from one fight to the next. But that does mean that you either have "healer" characters or a lot of healing items/healing resources that any character can use (healing surges). Using stamina as a common, rapidly recovered resource for all characters (that is separate from health) is another way to handle it. Such a system reduces reliance on frequent use of healing resources.

• Like 11

Ah thank you.

Quite an experience to live in misery isn't it? That's what it is to be married with children.

I've seen things you people can't even imagine. Pearly Kings glittering on the Elephant and Castle, Morris Men dancing 'til the last light of midsummer. I watched Druid fires burning in the ruins of Stonehenge, and Yorkshiremen gurning for prizes. All these things will be lost in time, like alopecia on a skinhead. Time for tiffin.

Tea for the teapot!

So how will we recover health? Only by resting in hard to find rest locations?

So far we know that only by resting. Whether there will be any limitation on that remains to be seen.

Say no to popamole!

• 3 weeks later...

I trust in Obsidian to explain and reveal the rules of the game - if they implement the "automatic fail on 1" rule I have to respect that. I'm playing some NWN2 mods atm and it seems some modders take a sadistic pleasure in abusing the save or die scenario, so rolling a 1 is like saying: "A plane flies over your house, you rolled 1 and it has subsequently crashed on your head - but the budgie being smuggled in that passengers skin tight pantaloons rolled a 20 and survived".

The design aspect is usually what kills me: if I have a lore skill high enough to identify the positive effects of a potion, I don't want to drink it and die because there was a hidden negative. That doesn't make sense. If a thief sneaks into my chambers and hides a vipes in my wardrobe - I might have to make a save vs death when I open it, but my search, spot, listen, tracking or set trap ability to snare the wardrobe should be accounted for before it comes to that.

So in summarize what I trust Obsidian already know: don't sucker punch the player. :no:

• Like 1

xcom enemy unknown totally gives players the wrong impression in how the game is meant to be played. It gives you the impression that your soldiers are elite dudes taking cover and can go solo pwn everything. When in reality, you have to play the game like ufo afterlight. Have all your squadmates bunched up and every turn have them moving up at a snails pace into enemy territory.

• 3 weeks later...

Different people have different thresholds for frustration, but satisfaction typically only comes about if the challenge required to reach a goal is sufficiently difficult.

This!

And I also really would love to see, that some encounters simply can't be won at certain levels and that you have to try to escape the encounter by running away.. and then come back later, when you are at a higher level (or better equipped).

Cyphre's Companions Pack v0.75.2 | Cyphre's Dual-Wieldable Flails & Heavy Flails v1.2 | Cyphre's PrC Pack v0.75 | Cyphre's Remove Annoying Effects Extension (Tortoise Shell) v1.0

1equwd7qnahnqayd4y2s7xk.jpg

"O, the life of the Druid is the life of the land.

We are one with the dark earth on which we proudly stand.

One with the Mother who has suckled us from birth,

Her streams and her rivers, we are one with the earth;

One with the Father, whose oak supports the sky,

Who gazes on us daily with his great, immortal Eye..."