Obsidian Order Steam Group

Shouldn't this Obsidian Order exclusive stuff stay into OO thread? Doesn't concern most of us forum users. I see you made public P:E group too, but just for future.

How do i become an Obs Ord member exactly? :biggrin:

You can't. You had to donate an extra $8 on top of your kickstarter tier. But don't worry you'll soon realize it's no big loss when you see what kind of people make up most of the Order. I mean look at this steam group for only Order members. Why? It's just something to make them feel special and separate them from people who didn't give an extra $8. $8 for a custom forum tag and a false sense of superiority. Doesn't seem worth it to me.

I kinda agree. OO started as just a fun way to support Obsidian and get people to pledge more, but now some see it as kind of inside group in P:E community. Why can't we all just be one big family and not draw unnecessary borderlines? 8$ more or less, every pledge was important. Also all the praise they get from developers and other people is bit unfair IMO if we take into account that some individual people pledged more alone than all order initiation fees combined. Where is praise for those people?

I'm not trying to denigrate OO's efforts. It was great sample of community activity done right, but some take it little bit too seriously.

EDIT: I'm not saying you can't have your own Steam group and inside game sessions there if you want, but promoting those activities here on P:E forums is kind of forum hijacking and excludes big part of community.

Edited by Haerski
  • Like 2

PlanescapeTorment-1.jpg

well then, ok

now,

all the OO members pls join the fan group, otherwise it's just a ghetto :teehee:

I created the eternity group in the early hours of morning and announced it at the same time. That's the main reason its numbers aren't up yet.

None of this is really happening. There is a man. With a typewriter. This is all part of his crazy imagination. 

@Haerski

I completely agree with you. At first i joined the OO. Then seeing how some took it a bit too seriously and were getting out of their heads. I lowered my pledge and asked to be removed.

I am an admin in several forums and having a secluded group in a international opened forum is really something that only bring issues. The community acting as one is a good thing but in the end it always turn the same way. They end up secluding themselves, arrogant and rejecting others (newcomers). It also give an ominous ambiance for newcomers (like they can't be part of it or will be treat differently because they aren't in it).

I am not especially targeting OO or some members, just speaking on my experience as an administrator. OO was a good initiative but it will probably be the cause of people leaving the forum in the months/years during PE development.

@Haerski

I completely agree with you. At first i joined the OO. Then seeing how some took it a bit too seriously and were getting out of their heads. I lowered my pledge and asked to be removed.

I am an admin in several forums and having a secluded group in a international opened forum is really something that only bring issues. The community acting as one is a good thing but in the end it always turn the same way. They end up secluding themselves, arrogant and rejecting others (newcomers). It also give an ominous ambiance for newcomers (like they can't be part of it or will be treat differently because they aren't in it).

I am not especially targeting OO or some members, just speaking on my experience as an administrator. OO was a good initiative but it will probably be the cause of people leaving the forum in the months/years during PE development.

Exactly.

The last thing community needs is a classwar. Or prejudice.

Even not openly occuring. Like, little backthoughts that keep piling up through years.

I find it highly unlikely that anyone takes it seriously.

I also find it highly unlikely that people from the OO will make people leave the forum.

The 'worst offender' posts I've seen are from non-OO members.

I hate that I'm having to type this.

I am part of OO proudly there a great group of people some mentally unhinged but lovely nonetheless.

I am a part of the project eternity fan community again a great group of people some mentally unhinged but lovely nonetheless.

I made a steam group for OO and Project eternity in general. I thought I was doing a nice thing for people.

I made separate groups because I honestly seem to be getting along with the OO members more, maybe I have more in common with them, maybe I've just talked to them more or maybe they were the ones that seemed to me at least to be wanting to do more as a community.

I feel almost like people want me to apologise for what was genuinely an attempt at community building.

I am sorry if I in anyway seemed to be segregating that was never my intent. I am not sorry for wanting to be part of the OO community.

Also sorry if this became a bit TL;DR

but everyone please join http://steamcommunity.com/groups/ProjectEternity it is there for all

Edited by JayDGee
  • Like 1

None of this is really happening. There is a man. With a typewriter. This is all part of his crazy imagination. 

Actually, unless I'm mistaken, paypal is still open. If so you can still join. Add $8 to your pledge and post in the OO thread at the top.

There isn't any OO elitism or anything that I've seen, just a few people getting a little over excited. The group was never meant to segregate anyone, just add a little incentive to pledge a little more to the game. In the end, we're all just fans trying to help as much as we can.

• Like 3

I find it highly unlikely that anyone takes it seriously.

I also find it highly unlikely that people from the OO will make people leave the forum.

The 'worst offender' posts I've seen are from non-OO members.

The fact that you are already making a difference between non-OO member and OO member speak for itself.

@JaydGee

Don't get me wrong i can see you're having good intention in doing so. But the approach is wrong, doing it on the forum (which is an international opened forum). It outcast a group of people. That love the same group as you "Obsidian" and pledged like the OO members.

Plus, you shouldn't apologize for having good intention. But either write it on the thread of the OO or sending a private message to every members would have been better (if you wanted to create an only-OO steam group). Nor that i care..like i said i don't have mean intention or judge, i just speak of my experience as an admin (and i've seen situation like this too much..).

Actually, unless I'm mistaken, paypal is still open. If so you can still join. Add $8 to your pledge and post in the OO thread at the top.

There isn't any OO elitism or anything that I've seen, just a few people getting a little over excited. The group was never meant to segregate anyone, just add a little incentive to pledge a little more to the game. In the end, we're all just fans trying to help as much as we can.

You can. But create an only OO-members group steam is a kind of segregation. But, i do agree with your thoughts.

Edited by Dawn_

I sincerely don't see any problem. I mean, someone should be pretty stupid to feel himself superior to others, just because he is part of this group.

The OO was created only with good intentions, to help even more the Eternity kickstarter project through only one rule "the members shall donate $8 more" (without the necessity to show a proof of it), and in exchange of that, the group offers no reward at all.

Nobody should feel discriminated for not be in the group nor the members should act as an elite group. It's only a form of fan support.

• Like 3
LXIfI.jpg

You can. But create an only OO-members group steam is a kind of segregation. But, i do agree with your thoughts.

Yes, his intention was just to try to tighten our little order who have been chatting with each other and maybe expand it a little, but I see how it can been seen that way. We probably should sit down and figure out what the best way to communicate to the group without doing so in a way that causes any potential conflict or negitive vibes.

<3 for the feedback

• Like 1

I've asked a mod to close this thread, it started as something nice and is being twisted into something horrible.

In all honesty I feel quite depressed reading some of the comments.

If anyone wants in the group message me.

Edited by JayDGee

I've asked a mod to close this thread, it started as something nice and is being twisted into something horrible.

In all honesty I feel quite depressed reading some of the comments.

Don't let it get you down, just a bit of a misunderstanding. It's the internet, sometimes things get a little misconstrued. I think we got both sides explained out now. Don't sweat it.