Alright, I have a few question for people who might know of a specific narrator used back in the tales of the sword coast.

At 3:17 in this video, introducing the PC to the werewolf island.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aa6LWdx6HyY&list=SP335799D6C6735F4F&index=52&feature=plpp_video

Does anyone know who he is and if he is still connected to, or used, by the obsidian staff?

Edited by BBMorti

I did make that google search myself, but I could not find anything voiced by this Arthur Burghardt that seemed to resemble this deep voice with crystal clear pronunciation I heard in the prologue.

I wonder if he would be a voice that could be heard in this game or if the staff has no contact to the man any more. It's one of the best voices I have heard in any case.

As much as I loved his narration I wouldn't strictly want him narrating a totally different IP. Much in the same way I wouldn't want whoever did the very iconic (at least to me) narration of the orc campaign from Warcraft 2 doing the narration in Diablo. There is a slue of great actors and voice actors out there in the world so I'd rather they bring in a new voice for a new franchise that they could then carry over to further games set in the same setting rather than fall back on somebody who I already associate with another series.

K is for Kid, a guy or gal just like you. Don't be in such a hurry to grow up, since there's nothin' a kid can't do.

Patrick Stewart compromised himself forever with Oblivion and Lance Henriksen is too high profile.

something like this guy in the video is enough

I like how this should be an old school RPG but people want some features of AAA++ popamole "RPGs" like voice acting made by Hollywood stars

After my realization that White March has the same XP reward problem, I don't even have the drive to launch game anymore because I hated so much reaching Twin Elms with a level cap in vanilla PoE that I don't wish to relive that experience.

I would like to have a narrator like Jim Cummings (Minsc in Baldur's Gate, Master in Fallout, and others in all Baldur's Gate saga, Icewind Dale I and Fallout .

Personally, I think that minsc is the best npc in all cRPG's that I have played.

• Like 1

Go for the eyes, Boo, go for the eyes!

I like the two Baldur's Gate narrators (Kevin Michael Richardson and Arthur Burkhardt) and the Icewind Dale 1 narrator (David Ogden Stiers). Those were my favourites.

Edited by Sensuki

I would like to hear in the Polish version Piotr Fronczewski. It was the best narrator in the history of Polish computer entertainment.

No one has done as good translation to the present day.

Edited by Ifava

GOG: Ifava

The KS Collector's Edition does not include the Collector's Book.

Which game hook brought you to Project Eternity and interests you the most?

PE will not have co-op/multiplayer, console, or tablet support (sources): [0] [1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7]

Write your own romance mods because there won't be any in PE.

"But what is an evil? Is it like water or like a hedgehog or night or lumpy?" -(Digger)

"Most o' you wanderers are but a quarter moon away from lunacy at the best o' times." -Alvanhendar (Baldur's Gate 1)

Patrick Stewart compromised himself forever with Oblivion and Lance Henriksen is too high profile.

something like this guy in the video is enough

I like how this should be an old school RPG but people want some features of AAA++ popamole "RPGs" like voice acting made by Hollywood stars

I really don't care about what kind of work a narrator has done before. I don't like Oblivion but that doesn't make Stewarts work bad. Stewart is a TERRIFIC actor on screen and in theater. I don't want him because he is a star, but because I love his acting (yes, also in Macbeth!).

I also don't care about that ridiculous "popamole"-stuff. I kind of dislike elitism like that even though I enjoy playing Dungeons & Dragons/Pathfinder/Shadowrun and even though I like old-school-RPGs. Old-school is just a marketing-label. Just because something is considered old-school doesn't mean that they cannot adapt things from AAA-titles, because, wether or not you like it, AAA-titles have also done awesome things.

By the way, we are only fantasizing here, we talk about stuff that we like. We are not a problem-solution-squad. We're a bunch of nerds discussing what we like about games and what we'd like to see in a future game. We shouldn't take ourselves to seriously, in my opinion.

Elan_song.gif