Art assets & Journal sketches

I was thinking about how journals can be extremely useful and how much I love comprehensive codexes in games, but sometimes you have trouble remembering what a location or character looked like.

In the process of creating maps and designing npcs, I imagine dozens of sketches are done before the final product is made. If so, instead of losing all of these, maybe put those sketches in the journal linked to their pertinent entry. An npc's entry could have a sketch of their portrait, or a location could have a sketch of whatever prominent features it has.

Is this something that's feasible? Would it require a lot of memory to do? If it's just line art overlaid over whatever texture is used for the journal pages, then I can't imagine it would use a ton of resources. If the sketches already exist, why not use them?

Edited by Kane_Severance

Well, I guess we will see a number of sketches and concept art posted in updates over the next few months, but beyond that....maybe one extra CD like that included in the boxed collector's edition? I'm not sure if it is feasible to make it available in-game...I think it would just lead to arguing on the boards .."NPC X looked much better in the original sketch!".."No!".."Yes!".

Art's good. Getting more concept art with more quests? Also good.

So I support this idea!

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee

Sounds good. Sketching in one's journal seems as though it would be a fairly common thing to do (I'm sure I would do so, at least, if I kept one), so it makes sense to me from an in-game perspective, and it would make the journal more interesting to look at.

knightofchaoss.jpg