How long do you think until PE is finished?

181 members have voted

1. 1. How long do you think PE will take Obsidan to make?

• less than a year
    • 1 year
    • 2 years
    • 3 years
    • 4+ years

Couldn't find the appropriate topic on the subject, but I was thinking just how long a game of this scope might take to produce.

In my opinion, it will be no less than two years, which is unfortunate since there's a few games that I would want more than a BG/PT/IWD spiritual successor.

Truthfully I shouldn't think about this game because upon realizing the production hasn't even stared yet makes me want to forget I even know of its existence :p

Edited by Infiltrator_SF
tsgUO.gif

Eh. They're aiming for an early-mid 2014 release with an actual logistics plan, so that's right around where it should end up, even giving a couple more months to iron out bugs (I'd expect end of 2014 no later). This is a weird topic.

• Like 1

The KS Collector's Edition does not include the Collector's Book.

Which game hook brought you to Project Eternity and interests you the most?

PE will not have co-op/multiplayer, console, or tablet support (sources): [0] [1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7]

Write your own romance mods because there won't be any in PE.

"But what is an evil? Is it like water or like a hedgehog or night or lumpy?" -(Digger)

"Most o' you wanderers are but a quarter moon away from lunacy at the best o' times." -Alvanhendar (Baldur's Gate 1)

Even with the 18 month plan I expect 2 years. Hunch...

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee

Couldn't find the appropriate topic on the subject, but I was thinking just how long a game of this scope might take to produce.

In my opinion, it will be no less than two years, which is unfortunate since there's a few games that I would want more than a BG/PT/IWD spiritual successor.

Truthfully I shouldn't think about this game because upon realizing the production hasn't even stared yet makes me want to forget I even know of its existence :p

Not quite two years, as estimated.

Edited by Morality Games

May Kickstarter be with you and all your stretch goals achieved. 

I'd guess two years, give or take. I don't think they had in mind the second city when they posted the april estimate date, A few months delay is perfectly fine by me, I'd rather wait a couple of months than having a rushed game. Even more so now that there is no developer's pressure.

• Like 1

Honestly, I wish they'd say it would be out Mid-summer 2014 instead of what they're saying now. Just give it a few more months of QA testing and get it perfect.

My blog is where I'm keeping a record of all of my suggestions and bug mentions.

http://hormalakh.blogspot.com/  UPDATED 9/26/2014

My DXdiag:

http://hormalakh.blogspot.com/2014/08/beta-begins-v257.html

24-30 months seems like a possibility. but i wouldnt have been surprised if they had just come out and said we're looking at 3 years. i know thats a hard number to tell people and i know they still have the xpacs to factor in. but 24 months to me seems like the earliest window. 18 months doesnt sound realistic to me.

Whenever it's ready. I'd rather see them take their time and put out something truly special than have the game sooner and feel lacking in some regards. If that means waiting until 2015 or beyond, then so be it. It's worth waiting another year or two if it's the difference between a game I'll play once or twice and a game I'll play over and over forever.

image-163149-full.jpg?1348680770image-163154-full.jpg?1348681100
15327.jpg

Eh. They're aiming for an early-mid 2014 release with an actual logistics plan, so that's right around where it should end up, even giving a couple more months to iron out bugs (I'd expect end of 2014 no later). This is a weird topic.

Christmas 2014 sounds about right :thumbsup:

• Like 1

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

I am gonna bet exactly as long as they say. Their rep is riding on this and they want to turn this into a franchise. It is in their best interest to have this go off without a hitch.

I'm sure that's the plan... *

But if it comes to that, is it better to deliver the game on time then patch it up later (which will happen anyway),

or take the extra 6 months to polish it up, deliver a better product but fail on the schedule.

* actually I think that's not the plan anymore, I'd guess they're formulating the new plan right now,

based on the extra content and resources compared to the original 1,1 million plan.

I am gonna bet exactly as long as they say. Their rep is riding on this and they want to turn this into a franchise. It is in their best interest to have this go off without a hitch.

"go off without a hitch" does also kind mean not bugridden or rushed... so yeah, delay would be better for that than sticking to the date no matter what...

• Like 1

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee