Yeah, Rob always struck me as pretty calm and decent sort of guy. I don't know if Obsidz will do this, but we're getting our updates right now from the big wigs. I think folks like the access. They might want to do what Monte suggests, and you seem to agree, and cultivate someone to be the community manager for P.E. They'll have to start getting him in on the act with these updates to give him some street cred, and they need not use an unpaid intern. They might want to do that, and it would be a great experience for the intern, but if there's someone who can multi-task well enough, and can shoulder the extra duty, they also might want to let someone else run it. Rob was part of the Obsidian in house QA team. He had enough time to develop a great rapport with the community. Someone like that, who has some history with Obsidian, could really have a lot of fun with the community and also serve an important role. After all, the backers are here to stay. The members of this forum will require some handling, wrangling, and herding. The person in charge of that isn't just trying to placate the whiners. He (or she) needs to have a delicate touch for delicate issues, a firm touch where a little force is necessary, finesse in dealing with a wide variety of personalities, and be able to remain sane. They can't just shove someone into the job who resents, mocks, or otherwise discards the community out of hand.

The more I think of what Monte said, the more I realize how important a community manager is for a project started on Kickstarter. I don't agree that backing the game allows for crazy-assed demands, but I do think that the Project Eternity backers deserve some consideration. The good news is, from what I've seen so far, Obsidian feels the same way.

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

"Good morning America how are you?" is the first line of the chorus to The City of New Orleans ...

I mentioned that earlier in the thread (and linked to a live version of Steve Goodman performing it), but thanks.

Side note: City of New Orleans is one of the first songs I remember learning from my father. When I went into the studio to sit in on the recording of Chief Hanlon with Kris Kristofferson, I had no idea that, in addition to all of the other things he's done, Kris was one of the first industry people to "discover" Steve Goodman. He later introduced him to Paul Anka.

You've met Kris Kristofferson, you rat bsatard? Damn you! He's one of the premier song writers of all time. Sunday Morning Coming Down is one of my favorites. I guess base jealousy doesn't suit me, but sometimes you just can't help it.

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

You've met Kris Kristofferson, you rat bsatard? Damn you! He's one of the premier song writers of all time. Sunday Morning Coming Down is one of my favorites. I guess base jealousy doesn't suit me, but sometimes you just can't help it.

He's also pretty badass in Blade.

sonsofgygax.JPG

While i made a scene about the tier being only for Usa (that was a bummer..*glaring intensively Feargus* even more when you throw that as a last minute tier..when we were all expecting something that would make us throw our wallet at that time). I can't care less for someone saying "Good morning America".

It's a common expression in their country and have several reference attached to it ; be it Musical, Radio, TV, Movies etc.

That aside, i am rather wondering how much time does last the pre-production ? Because if it last 6 months..god that is a pain lol.

Second thing, did i understood well; Adam is the one figuring how the money will be spent and where it will go ?!

Are we talking about the same Adam that couldn't create a correct Icewind Dale party ? :p

Because it's scary if it is :p

Edited by Dawn_
  • Like 1

Second thing, did i understood well; Adam is the one figuring how the money will be spent and where it will go ?!

Are we talking about the same Adam that couldn't create a correct Icewind Dale party ? :p

Because it's scary if it is :p

...because setting up an Excel spreadsheet and making accounting estimates requires one to have the 3rd edition D&D ruleset perfectly memorized? :huh:

Edited by anek

[...]Kris was one of the first industry people to "discover" Steve Goodman.

That sounds a bit like this Kris landed by boat, rushed ashore, put a little flag on this fellow Steve Goodman, struck a pose, and said something akin to "In the name of the queen, I hereby claim this person and christen him Steve Goodman! Now, let's go find the natives and tell them the good news."

... But then again, maybe I just have a very odd imagination.

Never attribute to malice that which can adequately be explained by incompetence.

i supported the game but still have not received any answer about add-on reward. When are they supposed to contact with that issue?

They will probably start contacting people once it is clear who actually paid - some transactions might have failed because of problems with the credit cards - someone said this would take 7-14 days after the KickStarter closed.

Then they have to combine the KickStarter and PayPal lists - some people paid with both methods (maybe they forgot to add shipping on Kickstarter and did it later on PayPal, for example), and combine the payments of those who paid multiple times on PayPal.

Give them a week or two.

Frisk's answer makes a lot of sense. On top of that, keep in mind that they have between 70-80 thousand backers. So, all of the things Frisk mentioned times thousands of backs means it might take just a little while to sort.

Obsidian Plays

Hope you guys tell us how it all works out, this pre-pro stuff, especially the story. I always like to hear the "Han Solo was Green Fish Alien" story, so let's hear 'bout them NPC Wearsharks!

0a3f04d9b4ea34d044d697ae8f2f26d6a291b100.gif

"So what I’m saying, let it all hang out, babe, and don’t worry. We all got masks on."