I hate this mentality where players feel they have to pick up and sell every last scrap of loot they find. It's just as bad as grinding out kills for XP.

Tough. Fine weapons and armor being priced out of reach of a peasant character is realistic. So is having to scavenge for some extra cash. What, do you want everything handed to you on a plate? Sheesh, suck it up. :p

"It has just been discovered that research causes cancer in rats."

I hate this mentality where players feel they have to pick up and sell every last scrap of loot they find. It's just as bad as grinding out kills for XP.

Tough. Fine weapons and armor being priced out of reach of a peasant character is realistic. So is having to scavenge for some extra cash. What, do you want everything handed to you on a plate? Sheesh, suck it up. :p

Realistically speaking a full plate armor should cost you a small fortune, equivalent of a good estate... now imagine a magical full plate ;)

If I can just ask one thing...can you please have some mechanic allowing the characters to carry as much loot as the have earned. Was playing some more Skyrim last night and there is nothing more annoying than having to travel back and forth between a dungeon and town multiple times just to sell off the loot.

I will disagree with you. You can just manage an optimum of price/weight.

As for Skyrim... You know, there is no weight restriction unless you feel the need to be able to run all the time.

I wonder if we can get a mini-gate so we can throw in loot and have it land in the courtyard of our stronghold, piling it up like some scaleless dragon until the entire area is a mass of dinged and dented armor, a staggering monument to vanquished foes.

Then we can invite the local merchants over to pick through everything and make us an offer.

After all, it would be civically unresponsible to leave weaponry lying about unsecured where brigands or children might get hold of it.

• Like 3

I wonder if we can get a mini-gate so we can throw in loot and have it land in the courtyard of our stronghold, piling it up like some scaleless dragon until the entire area is a mass of dinged and dented armor, a staggering monument to vanquished foes.

That's where Torchlight kind of got it right: sending off your pet to sell your extra loot.

Too bad that mechanic is completely implausible.

Edited by rjshae

If I were to overanalyze Josh's use of the phrase "good morning, America" I would imagine it came from an inability to intuitively comprehend the massive scope of his audience--not forgetting that there is a whole works outside the USA, but momentarily failing to realize that anyone outside his country should have any reason to listen to, out care about, what he was about to say.

Whew! I was worried the whole team had ran away with all my money to some paradise location. :biggrin:

Now I just need to find the time to watch the entire tabletop D&D stream...

Yeah, me too, I caught the first hour or so and haven't had a chance to see the rest yet. It sure brought back some fond memories, though.

• Like 1

Whew! I was worried the whole team had ran away with all my money to some paradise location. :biggrin:

Now I just need to find the time to watch the entire tabletop D&D stream...

Yeah, me too, I caught the first hour or so and haven't had a chance to see the rest yet. It sure brought back some fond memories, though.

Plus there were weresharks (excuse the pun) - that has to count for something! :D

Exile in Torment

QblGc0a.png

What happened to that right hand, Sawyer? Injure it in the gratuitous high-fiving post-Kickstarter? xD

I crashed in the third lap of a cyclocross race Saturday night. I came down from a flyover and instead of riding on the outside of a banked turn' date=' I tried to cut across the inside to save time. The rear wheel slid out and I fell on my right shoulder and wrist. I was able to finish the race, but on Sunday and Monday, my wrist and shoulder were feeling pretty un-good. They're feeling much better now.[/quote']

**** do I ever feel like a stalker.

jcod0.png

Yup, Europeans (and especially Germans) are the worlds biggest clientele of RPG's... so anti-European sentiment... loose it ;).

Also agreeing with everyone you should make choices instead of dragging everything and their cat to the store to sell. Unless it's a broomstick +6 you can keep your broom uninteractive.

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee

If I were to overanalyze Josh's use of the phrase "good morning, America" I would imagine it came from an inability to intuitively comprehend the massive scope of his audience--not forgetting that there is a whole works outside the USA, but momentarily failing to realize that anyone outside his country should have any reason to listen to, out care about, what he was about to say.

I just thought he was making a TV reference.

Exile in Torment

QblGc0a.png

Tough. Fine weapons and armor being priced out of reach of a peasant character is realistic.

Of course. There should be no easy way to get good equipment early.

So is having to scavenge for some extra cash. What, do you want everything handed to you on a plate? Sheesh, suck it up. :p

There's scavenging and then there's powergaming. It's the latter I have a problem with, and letting players carry whatever the hell they want encourages the latter.

• Like 1

Yup, Europeans (and especially Germans) are the worlds biggest clientele of RPG's... so anti-European sentiment... loose it ;).

Loose it? Mmm, I hear that eating a lot of fiber usually helps. ;)

This is all a lot of misplaced nonsense anyway.

Edited by rjshae

In terms of size of the game, I wonder if the physical copy is going to reach 4 CDs like BG2 did, or if the technology nowadays will allow them to optimize it better.

They invented these things called DVDs recently, they're pretty good.

:p

I'm going to be disappointed if it doesn't fill up a dual layer BD :p

Room for a lot of developer commentary, soundtracks etc. on one of those.

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

When BG1 came out, it was 5 CD (That was insane back then :)). So if I could choose between graphics quality and game size, I definitely choosing graphics quality. I do not care if it takes even 100 GB on my hard drive and it it distributed on 4 Blurays. Let's make it nice, space is cheap... :)

All's fair--if BG was 5 CDs back then, then I expect 5 DL-DVDs/Blurays in 2014. :biggrin:

Of course, as others have said, the download will be the hard part. I don't know how much faster and available broadband will be across the world by 2014. :( I also have my doubts that Project Eternity would end up on hardcopy retail shelves.... Could Obsidian do a very basic POD for just the install discs (for a fee), I wonder? Hm.

Edited by Ieo

The KS Collector's Edition does not include the Collector's Book.

Which game hook brought you to Project Eternity and interests you the most?

PE will not have co-op/multiplayer, console, or tablet support (sources): [0] [1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7]

Write your own romance mods because there won't be any in PE.

"But what is an evil? Is it like water or like a hedgehog or night or lumpy?" -(Digger)

"Most o' you wanderers are but a quarter moon away from lunacy at the best o' times." -Alvanhendar (Baldur's Gate 1)

By the way, does anyone know what the largest PC game to day is...and how big it is (in GBs, excluding expansions and optional "extras", just the core game) ?

Do not know the largest, but I believe Max Payne 3 was 30GB (or just under) download size on Steam, which is pretty friggin big. The word is that DA:O Ultimate Edition is over 30GB on Steam (but I do not have it to confirm), and of course it contains expansion/DLC.

Witcher 2 on GOG is 16GB.

Every time Josh posts from that room I think he's broadcasting from the past, he's gone back to 2002 to really get into the Infinity Engine mood.

By the way, does anyone know what the largest PC game to day is...and how big it is (in GBs, excluding expansions and optional "extras", just the core game) ?

Do not know the largest, but I believe Max Payne 3 was 30GB (or just under) download size on Steam, which is pretty friggin big. The word is that DA:O Ultimate Edition is over 30GB on Steam (but I do not have it to confirm), and of course it contains expansion/DLC.

Witcher 2 on GOG is 16GB.

I have DA: O Ultimate on Steam, when I select to download it, it says its over 24GB, but I don't know whether that's with the DLC as I've never installed it, and I got the impression you had to install it from Origin. From illegitimate sources the DLC Awakening and Witch Hunt is 3GB, but that's non-installed.

Well, can't speak for Steam, but you don't need Origin for a disk based Collector's Edition.

You just needed to log into your BioWare account (which is the same as an Origin account by now though, however no client is needed).

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee