Well, Josh's face told everything...

"I went to a logistics meeting and then went OH CRAP! - we have to deliver so much" :D

I assume that it will require a lot of drinking to saturate creative minds for the story and a lot of lashing for the art guys to complete all those big cities and dungeon to be unique and aesthetically appealing ;)

Thanks for this nice update!

Well, it is a huge amount of work indeed...

Regarding Blu-rays, I think DVDs will be a better choice, since everyone has not a BR Disc player (yes everyone will have at least a downloadable copy, but I think there are lots of people, like me, waiting to insert Disc to try manual installation like the good old times :-) )

• Like 1

Good morning america

Not only america is watching and funding you guys ;)

He said "and the rest of the world" later.

I think it's simple mistake ... not so big nothing to be angry about but somethimes when i hear "America is better then rest of the world" (Not Josh) it's a little bit pathetic.

I think in case of Josh is simple lingustic misake but there are many of americans (espacialy in hollywood) that thinks that america is the greatest .. it makes me only laught.

Especially when i see this clip.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KYraAqwu-V0

And don't get angry, Each nation has its drawbacks. But it pretty funny when i see some "US" guys thinking that they are most important. Every nation thinks that they are better then at least one of other nations. But americans (some of them) are unique in this matter thinking that they are more important ...then ANY other.

And i say it again it's not atack it just some funny material ... hehe

Sorry for off top ;):p

Edited by ArchBeast
  • Like 1

Second the comments about leaving the low-density explorable areas intact - or mostly intact. There is no reason they can't change in-game for dramatic purposes.

Also (and I know this is a forlorn hope) please remember that not every thing must revolve around "save the WORLD!" People take heroic actions for their friends , for their families, communities, countries every day. Some do amazing things for love. Heh. I guess others turn into stalkers too. The point is: great storytelling can occur without world-altering consequences. The journey of the Nameless One was largely personal for him and his companions. Heck, I still love Da'akon's line "Endure... and in enduring grow strong." Finding ways to upgrade all of those great characters was really cool. Think about it please.

Thank you for the update. As a person who works in the ICT Industry, but not in game development, I am looking forward to reading about progress through updates such as this. It provides me with a window into the world of software development for a game, for which I am thankful.

The problem I had with the BG1 wilderness areas was the 'sameness' they all had. If I picked up a quest in one of those areas and wanted to return to it after leaving it it was impossible for me to remember which map the quest was even on. At the very least give each map a unique name and have that name be referenced in the quest log. I've had a drowned cat in my inventory in multiple playthroughs as I couldn't figure out who was looking for it.

(Note that this is NOT a quest arrow as it would only remind the player of where the quest originated rather than point the way to the next step)

• Like 2

Good morning america

Not only america is watching and funding you guys ;)

He said "and the rest of the world" later.

I think it's simple mistake ... not so big nothing to be angry about but somethimes when i hear "America is better then rest of the world" (Not Josh) it's a little bit pathetic.

I think in case of Josh is simple lingustic misake but there are many of americans (espacialy in hollywood) that thinks that america is the greatest .. it makes me only laught.

Especially when i see this clip.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KYraAqwu-V0

And don't get angry, Each nation has its drawbacks. But it pretty funny when i see some "US" guys thinking that they are most important. Every nation thinks that they are better then at least one of other nations. But americans (some of them) are unique in this matter thinking that they are more important ...then ANY other.

And i say it again it's not atack it just some funny material ... hehe

Sorry for off top ;):p

Hmm well in many areas America is the best, so....lol

Regarding the "Good morning, America" comments, it is interesting to note that in one of the polls here in the forums, the majority of those who answered were located in Europe.....so maybe it should have been "Good morning, Europe (and the rest of the world)" :getlost:

Or Good morning, people :)

I take this as follows: It was only a morning in America :D We EU guys were already well past noon ;)

Then why " good morning america, and the rest of the world ? " When i think it's simple mistake and he shoud say "Good morning people" then in america where morning but when we aple to the original then all ower the world where morning ... ? :)

This is second thing i think it was mistake :) (but im not offendet i only say what i think :p)

If I can just ask one thing...can you please have some mechanic allowing the characters to carry as much loot as the have earned. Was playing some more Skyrim last night and there is nothing more annoying than having to travel back and forth between a dungeon and town multiple times just to sell off the loot.

If I can just ask one thing...can you please have some mechanic allowing the characters to carry as much loot as the have earned. Was playing some more Skyrim last night and there is nothing more annoying than having to travel back and forth between a dungeon and town multiple times just to sell off the loot.

I'll bet there will be a "bag of holding" mod within the first day of release if this isn't in, so I wouldn't worry about it :p

I really like the new dungeon artwork, but still there is the bitter feeling not seeing the statue in total...

I'm quite happy with the artwork for the mega-dungeon. But I don't think that continuing to extend the drawing is necessarily the best use of resources. If you are feeling bitter about the lack of visible feet then I think you are in a really strange place right now. :wacko:

"It has just been discovered that research causes cancer in rats."

Bandwidth caps ruin the digital download idea for me, assuming the game's more than 5gb. Good thing there's a boxed version.

Also, splash effects when characters go through water would be cool, especially in a 2D game.

Edited by Matthew

He said "Good morning America and the rest of the world" because he lives in America, and it's morning for him. If someone from Germany said "Good morning Germany" that would make sense as well. Of all the things to over analyze, it has to be the way he opens with an update video?

Isn't the Internet grand sometimes? It boggles the mind really... haha.

Listen to my home-made recordings (some original songs, some not): http://www.youtube.c...low=grid&view=0

I think in case of Josh is simple lingustic misake

It's the opening of the chorus of The City of New Orleans, though people probably aren't familiar with that song.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AJ0JgqoF2W4#t=38s