More community melding - IRC

Project Eternity is most likely not going to have community based gameplay (also known as multiplayer), but that doesn't mean the community shouldn't bond, does it? Obviously, what I'm proposing is creating an IRC channel, preferably with ops that are somehow related to Obsidian (forum moderators and such).

It wouldn't even have to be solely focused on Eternity. Obsidian very has a large fanbase around the previous games as well, so it could be a general Obsidian chat that would be alive and have its use for eternity!

But seriously, I've been wishing for an Obsidian backed IRC channel for a while and now that the forums boil with activity, it might even happen.

...preferably on Esper.net

:3

Yeah, the official BIS IRC channel didn't actually work all that well, and I think there were issues in oversight of it.

Not against it, just saying that I'd imagine Feargus, Josh and others at Obsidian remember BIS IRC and may not be keen to restart such a thing. Or they could not care either. Still haven't developed much as a mind reader.

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

Yeah, the official BIS IRC channel didn't actually work all that well, and I think there were issues in oversight of it.

Not against it, just saying that I'd imagine Feargus, Josh and others at Obsidian remember BIS IRC and may not be keen to restart such a thing. Or they could not care either. Still haven't developed much as a mind reader.

The times when Black Isle existed were...different, methinks. But, of course, you might be right. However, we'll never know unless some of the mentioned people share their thoughts, which is unlikely. Besides, I meant it more of a community thing, bothering the devs with it would be contraproductive and arrogant :)

Obsidian's own Battle.net? I likeeeeeeeee.

Uhh...I wouldn't say Battle.net. There is no annoying auction, DRM, serverside playing, social network features or...well, basically anything else except for the chat.

Oh I'm sorry I haven't used battle.net since it was good. You know 1.0. Once I realized that Blizzard became what it is now, I stopped playing their games. So.....battle.net v. 1.0 :) YESSSSSS?

My blog is where I'm keeping a record of all of my suggestions and bug mentions.

http://hormalakh.blogspot.com/  UPDATED 9/26/2014

My DXdiag:

http://hormalakh.blogspot.com/2014/08/beta-begins-v257.html

So, something like a forum you mean?

Yeah, I totally could support an Obsidian forum... :cat:

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee

We registered an IRC channel for the Obsidian Order, so if you don't mind the name we could offer this one. We are open to every one and we are definitely focused on Obsdian and Project Eternity. :)

It's #ObsidianOrderofEternity on QuakeNet. You can also access the channel via Browser from our Website http://www.obsidiano.../pages/chat.php

We are in the beginnings, so at the moment maybe there isn't someone to talk 24/7. But if we stay persistent and advertise it regulary we can grow over time. :)

Edited by Farudan

Eternity Gazette (german news about PE)

• 1 year later...