So, Berath/Cirono have already been revealed as the twinned gods representing the cycle of life and death, and we also have Eothas and Magran. What other dieties would you like to see in PE? How about we make some up!

I'll start: Rassah, Treasurer of Souls. He manages and documents all souls that enter and leave purgatory (time between lives). Considered a lesser god, it is he who files all of the paperwork in place of higher gods. When somebody has to pick up lunch for the Office of the Gods, it's usually Rassah.

Funny or serious, what are your ideas?

Sorry I didn't mean to have that effect; just pointing you to a related discussion. :)

Personally I'd like to see some tutelary deities, such as a patron deity of a particular city.

I really like that idea. It seems after reading some of the interviews and updates during the kickstarter that they envision the gods as sort of being in the mold of the Greeks or the Scandanavians; entities, with their own agendas, jealousies, foibles, rivalries etc. I also would really like the world to reflect this sort of pantheism, where people make prayers and offerings to multiple gods depending on their needs and whims. The idea of "Team <fill-in-the-blank-god-from-Faerun>" just never really resonated with me.

numerous meddlesome gods is a horrible idea. first of all, meddlesome gods who grant powhaz ruins Faith as a meaningful theme or element. also, a plethora o' gods just compounds our annoyance, particularly if deity choice for priests and/or paladins has gameplay impact. suddenly gots a legion o' folks worshiping Hilrad, the god of squirrels stuck down by speeding wagons, 'cause Hilrad's granted powers is most efficacious. meddlesome gods is an unfortunate addition to game, but as such gods will be included, we would likes if choice o' deity had negligible advantages. *sigh* of course, we recognize that people want groovy abilities to attach to their deity choices, so at the very least, keep the deity choices few as to be able to better balance.

did we mention that numerous meddlesome gods is a horrible idea?

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

numerous meddlesome gods is a horrible idea. first of all, meddlesome gods who grant powhaz ruins Faith as a meaningful theme or element. also, a plethora o' gods just compounds our annoyance, particularly if deity choice for priests and/or paladins has gameplay impact. suddenly gots a legion o' folks worshiping Hilrad, the god of squirrels stuck down by speeding wagons, 'cause Hilrad's granted powers is most efficacious. meddlesome gods is an unfortunate addition to game, but as such gods will be included, we would likes if choice o' deity had negligible advantages. *sigh* of course, we recognize that people want groovy abilities to attach to their deity choices, so at the very least, keep the deity choices few as to be able to better balance.

HA! Good Fun!

But the Olympus Pantheon was so much fun!

HA! Good Fun!

But the Olympus Pantheon was so much fun!

fun, but not for a game. we gots a particular curiosity 'bout lakota mythology and folklore. we likes pose edda. we has read ovid and homer with fondness. we thinks the silmarillion sucks, but the genuine world mythologies almost invariably creates in us a sense o' wonder. the thing is, homer never gave priests o' apollo a healing or divination bonus while allowing followers o' athena to get a special disarm opportunity when using spear and shield... or somesuch. games is different.

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

"This is what most people do not understand about Colbert and Silverman. They only mock fictional celebrities, celebrities who destroy their selfhood to unify with the wants of the people, celebrities who are transfixed by the evil hungers of the public. Feed us a Gomorrah built up of luminous dreams, we beg. Here it is, they say, and it looks like your steaming brains."

" If you've read Hart's Hope, Neveryona, Infinity Concerto, Tales of the Flat Earth, you've pretty much played Dragon Age."

Deities are often a difficult thing to tackle while designing a world, whatever the end use is.

I think that often people over utilize, or create Deities in some mental attempt to make the world seem more grandiose. Really, I find that the world needs to be grandiose on its own, which explains your Deities, or lack thereof.

In my opinion, while less overtly interesting, it's a much more difficult but ultimately rewarding exercise to create a diety/dieties who are nearly imperceptible.

These kinds of discussions remind me of the futurama episode with bender where he meets 'God', who explains that 'When you do things right, people wont be sure you did anything at all'. That is a perfect summation.

This becomes exceedingly hard to do in a game, or related story, but so rewarding. The flip side(s) are deities that interfere all over the place, but ultimately come off as completely useless, and powerless (You bestow me the power to kill the champion of evil, why not just drop a 40 ton rock on his head?), or a gimmick, if you worship talos the unending bleedingheart, you get +4 to speech!

Meh.

• Like 1

Each race should have different deities to give them a back story. Or maybe each race could have different point of view or tradition/ religious ritual

Edited by Eldmore

I will bravely raise my sword against anything to protect whoever I choose to serve.

I don't think races will have racial deities, although they maybe myths about what,deity created which race which differ in different regions or different religions. Maybe both Eothos and Magran faiths claim to have created Elves.

They need to continue to create unique Gods like Magran, Berath, and Eothos.

Maybe a God of the Sea and prosperity. A Goddess of Ciphers. Goddesses of Planetary/Astrology. Dieties with a duality to them. Deity of Alchemy. Deity of vice.