Interplay. Kickstarter? It is...a mystery!

Some funny bits:

Will my contribution get me a copy of the Project V13 game if it is released?

No. This campaign isn't meant to fund the final PV13 video game.

So what DO I get?

"What's in it for me?" It's a fair question. Your contribution at $10 and up will get you access to news, special updates, and content from the new Black Isle Studios - PV13 forums. At $20 and over, you will achieve special insider status and you will be able to participate in a restricted area of the forum to interact directly with the BIS game designers - make suggestions, discuss our progress, ask us what we had for lunch...

My blog is where I'm keeping a record of all of my suggestions and bug mentions.

http://hormalakh.blogspot.com/  UPDATED 9/26/2014

My DXdiag:

http://hormalakh.blogspot.com/2014/08/beta-begins-v257.html

$10 for the right to post on a forum. Except not.

5. For purposes of clarity and the avoidance of doubt, in consideration of Interplay's good faith efforts to develop, produce, and launch the forum with the funds raised, You agree that any deposit amounts applied against the Game Cost as described above shall be non-refundable regardless of whether or not Interplay is able to launch the forum, complete the prototype, or complete and deliver the Game.

They not only are under zero obligation to produce a game, they don't even have to make any forums for you to have access to.

Seriously, it's Christmas time. I'm sure there are better charities for people to donate to.

• Like 1

Who is actually donating to that? It seems really sketchy to me.

They take the money immediately, no tracking on how much has been given, they openly say its only to make a prototype of a game not an actual game, and all the investors get is access to updates about a prototype that they are going to use as a pitch to publishers? No thanks.

What? That sounds really about the worst way of doing fundraiser. Yes, they are making it very clear the final product is not included in price, but if they go with that approach they can be sure they are never going to get money for anything more than a prototype. And what then? Are they hoping for some big investor to get interested or aiming to start Kickstarter project using that prototype? Are those people investing even going to get to try that prototype?

Too suspicious for me and MMORPGs have never been my piece of cake anyway.

PlanescapeTorment-1.jpg

Frankly, at first I though it was a joke. I even laughed before I read the terms. Then I laughed some more and quite a bit harder. Probably, the so-called Black Isle should have gone KS to hire a good marketing department, who would have told them that this idea would never work.

Black Isle Studios working on a apocalyptic thing:

http://www.blackisle.com/

28 days left til they reveal what the PV13 is?

It has been informal public knowledge for the past 4+ years that PV13 was a Fallout MMORPG, but after Interplay lost the court battle with Bethesda they had to start over from scratch without license to produce a Fallout MMO, if I remember my facts straight.

only in America

Herve Caen is French, not American. He brought his terrible French ideas with him when he bought Interplay and ran it into ruin. Yes, it is the French who thought Fallout: Brotherhood of Steel and other console games of the like were the future and a still solvent, income generating Black Isle was dead weight. French backers of P:E, reflect on this and seek penance. Wear hair shirts under your normal clothing, engage in self-flagellation, and continue to eat disgusting things like frogs and snails.

Wait, scratch the last bit, I forgot French people enjoy that. Eat German food as a part of your penance.

It's a joke, I know how bad French senses of humor are, so I felt the need to clarify. OH BUUUUURN! Except for Remi Gaillard.

Edited by AGX-17
  • Like 2

Wah. Break your bank account to spite the haters. These guys have class.

Of course Interplay have class, just look at Herve Caen.

Herve_Caen.jpgHerve.jpg

BigLebowski_092Pyxurz.jpg

Whoops, dunno how that last one got in there.

He just oozes class until it forms an oily miasma around him.

Edited by GhoulishVisage
  • Like 4

When in doubt, blame the elves.

I have always hated the word "censorship", I prefer seeing it as just removing content that isn't suitable or is considered offensive

I don't know what you guys are talking about: this is a day-1 purchase for me. Gonna save up and try to donate the $10k if possible.

So I am not the only one who got this irresistible urge to donate $10,000 for something I have no knowledge about except that it's somehow connected to the end of the Mayan b'ak'tun, alleged end of the world, and ill-fated Black Isle Studios?

Good thing I don't get such urges every time someone proclaims that the world is going to end, otherwise I would have been be a very poor person.

Behold Update 2:

https://www.facebook...?ref=ts&fref=ts

Wah. Break your bank account to spite the haters. These guys have class.

This whole fund-raising will be fun to watch, in a slow motion train wreck kind of way. Especially since we know Herve is the conductor.

Incidentally, I suspect that is a response to this.

Edited by Death Machine Miyagi

One thing I can't figure out: this new Black Isle does actually have people who worked on the original Fallout, namely Chris Taylor and Mark O'Green. As people who were associated with the original Black Isle, what in god's name would motivate them to get involved with Herve Caen again? They must be aware of the whole sordid history behind his management of Interplay, and even the slightest bit of common sense should have been enough for them to understand how a Herve Caen-associated fundraiser would go down with the CRPG community. Its not like Interplay even has any money to bribe them, so what exactly are they thinking?