Do you remember making time capsules and burying them?

You might stick a letter to your future self in them, maybe a few noteworthy items that might be representative of that time in history. If I was burying one today, I might include my old (and non-working) iPhone or an interesting newspaper article. I was recently the best man at a wedding and the couple nailed shut a box containing letters they each wrote to one another, along with a bottle of Champaign. They are supposed to open the box in 25 years, to remember why they married one another. Nice, right?

This is sort of a long way of saying this: we may be in a different place in our lives when this game releases. A lot can change in a couple of years. I thought it might be interesting to jot some notes down about where we are in our lives now. Then, whenever Project Eternity releases, we look back at this thread, quote our brief write-up, and say what has changed (or has not changed). It might make a neat exercise! As an added bonus, you may get to know a bit more about your fellow backers and PE fans.

For me, I was just married this year. I am working as a research associate for a non-profit in sunny Tampa. I am currently pursuing my master’s degree in marketing along with a general MBA. From a gaming perspective, I have been eagerly awaiting the release of the enhanced edition of Baldur’s Gate. I have been playing a lot of Skyrim, Borderlands 2, Diablo III, and Starcraft II. I have a solid Dell XPS laptop, which can run most games decently well, but I would imagine this would be long gone in 2014 (hopefully). I am a big Yankees fan and I was crushed when Derek Jeter broke his ankle in game one of the ALCS against Detroit. I knew the series would be a tough one with the way the Yankees swung the bats against Baltimore, but I had no idea how bad it would be (lowest single postseason team batting average ever bad).

I am hoping PE will be very much like the old Infinity engine games at its core, with a lot of great plot choices, dialogue options, and strong companion relationships (along with some nice combat and character building).

I am interested in seeing what 2014 and Project Eternity brings.