How should we acquire our initial equipment  

208 members have voted

1. 1. How should we acquire our initial equipment

• Starting gear chosen from a list during character creation
    • Immediate access to a store, where we can spend starting cash
    • Preset starting equipment by class
    • No starting equipment (take it off early enemies)
    • Other (explain please)
    • No opinion

We don't really know where we're being dropped into the game. But I do believe they mentioned that we will get starting gear.

I think a gold value and then you just select what you want off a list is fine, and keep the remaining gold.

Yep, this sounds perfectly reasonable.

im fine with any of it, as long as it is sensible

however there are some points to consider for these options

having a startup shop with items you cant afford would be a bit ridiculous.

the list is not a bad idea, but it's not much different from the preset gear, since you will obviously choose stuff that fit your class

and no starting equipment... how will you fight your first enemies if you are naked so you can get some basic gear?

Edited by teknoman2

The words freedom and liberty, are diminishing the true meaning of the abstract concept they try to explain. The true nature of freedom is such, that the human mind is unable to comprehend it, so we make a cage and name it freedom in order to give a tangible meaning to what we dont understand, just as our ancestors made gods like Thor or Zeus to explain thunder.

-Teknoman2-

What? You thought it was a quote from some well known wise guy from the past?

Stupidity leads to willful ignorance - willful ignorance leads to hope - hope leads to sex - and that is how a new generation of fools is born!

We are hardcore role players... When we go to bed with a girl, we roll a D20 to see if we hit the target and a D6 to see how much penetration damage we did.

Modern democracy is: the sheep voting for which dog will be the shepherd's right hand.

Hand-to-hand... or with the staff you've gotten (BG)...

Naked wrestling is also an option ;)

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee

Pre-generated based on your class/skill choices.

Seriously though, who cares? Why should they spend more than 5 minutes coding this? You throw that gear away in short order in pretty much every game out there. Drakensang is pretty much the only exception I can think of here where your gear isn't outclassed within an hour. And even there there's a variety of drops so that if you wanted your mage to use a sword, they'll have a sword within minutes.

Maybe this could be the exception to the rule. Give starting equipment based on culture and background, that's actually worth getting.

And if there's a proficiency system you can pick at start "weapon focus bec de corbin" why not just roll with it and give the bec de corbin?

Shouldn't be an impossibly hard coding task. And you must have had it to develop the focus anyway...

If you're a noble, why not give a good brigandine as well? Unbalancing for the first 15 minutes? So what.

But if, on the other hand, you start by being mugged by an angry god or whatever it is that happens, I don't see why you should have anyhing.

That's what I'd actually prefer. KotOR2 start was pretty great, start with some crap and work from there. I always like those starts the best,

Edited by Jarmo

It would be a nice touch if we could choose a background job and that determined what gear we had to start. Someone that was a farmer has a pitchfork, soliders a sword/shield, fortune teller has a staff, monk is a unarmed, priest is in robes with a ceremonial mace (I can't think of the name of those things right now), huntsman has a bow etc.

I just think starting gear should make more sense for each character and what they would of been doing as we enter the game

• Like 1

If I was allowed to dream... I dreamed a dream where PE was my personal Nethack 2014 and items were sorted by class with some random or player controlled elements.

Derpdragon of the Obsidian Order

Derpdragons everywhere. I like spears.

No sleep for the Watcher... because he was busy playing Pillars of Eternity instead.

It would be a nice touch if we could choose a background job and that determined what gear we had to start. Someone that was a farmer has a pitchfork, soliders a sword/shield, fortune teller has a staff, monk is a unarmed, priest is in robes with a ceremonial mace (I can't think of the name of those things right now), huntsman has a bow etc.

I just think starting gear should make more sense for each character and what they would of been doing as we enter the game

I like this idea.

Do you like hardcore realistic survival simulations? Take a gander at this.

Based on the tone of whats been said by the devs so far I doubt the classes are going to be restrictive at all regarding what sort of weapon you use other than some classes/races may have some advantages in some - this was specifically noted when talking about non-combat abilities where they said a barbarian could load up some lock-picking skills but in the end would probably not be as good at it as the mechanically inclined rogue class.

They have also specificly stated that if you want your wizard to wear heavy armor and weild a sword they want you to be able to do so.

I'd like to start with some basic gear if thats appropriate to the way the game begins but don't care too much how I aquire it.

Nomadic Wayfarer of the Obsidian Order

Not all those that wander are lost...