So here is my idea. (and before I start I don't believe the game creators actually have the resources to make this idea put here it goes :) )

I thought it would be cool if sometime beginning of the game you would meet the evil boss (or whatever to call the big end-fight opponent) and that he offers to let you work for him. Here you have a few choices:

• Decline your offer and work for against him with the good guys.
  • Accept and become his loyal right hand.
  • Accept (a lie) and work undercover for the the good guys.
  • Accept but pretend decline and then work undercover for the evil guys instead.
  • In both the scenarios where you character work for the gad guys you get the opportunity in the end to betray and take over the evil plan yourself.

This way the game would be build up by two different story-lines but offers very different role-playing opportunities.

As an undercover agent you would have to make sure not to raise suspicion and still live by your moral code (or lack thereof). You could even incorporate opportunities to redeem/corrupt the evil master / good master.

Nope. I want to read the creative story they have to tell. That's why I put down my money. :)

I second that, very well said. Also spoiler free updates please. ;)

Derpdragon of the Obsidian Order

Derpdragons everywhere. I like spears.

No sleep for the Watcher... because he was busy playing Pillars of Eternity instead.

Ok, so I was curious about what kind of plot, scenes, choices, characters you would like to see from the story in this game? Do you have a creative idea that you wish you could put in this game?

You have to understand that knowing what's going to be in a story takes some of the joy out of it.

As far as your suggestion goes, that's not a bad concept for an RPG, but I think it would exert too much control over the narrative of what is supposed to be a masterful RPG following a certain tradition.

Edited by Morality Games

May Kickstarter be with you and all your stretch goals achieved. 

You may want to check out Geneforge. But for Project Eternity having that many fully branching narratives would be asking far too much; The Witcher 2 is one of the only games I can think of that had fully separate paths in the game depending on who you aligned with, but TW2 was also extremely short for an RPG with a heavier focus on the "cinematics" than gameplay - which is not really what I want from an IE game.

• Like 1

The Witcher 2 is one of the only games I can think of that had fully separate paths in the game depending on who you aligned with, but TW2 was also extremely short for an RPG with a heavier focus on the "cinematics" than gameplay - which is not really what I want from an IE game.

Which has zero to do with PE. PE has minimal VO, and is not at the very top end of graphics add to that CDP created TW2 engine and you have zero relevance to PE. Those where the reasons why TW2 was 'short'. Besides that was TW2 best feature. Take away that and TW2 is half the game it is.

PE should have multiple pathways, it encourages replaying far more than any other mechanic. It also adds a real C&C to the story, something that rpgs should have. Look at everyone of Obs latest games and you'll notice C&C is emphasized more by them than any other company.

Quality>Length

As for the OP, multiple paths are a good thing, spoiling them at the beginning of the game is a poor way. Add to that starting the branches that early is too far out of PE budgetary scope. What you should hope for is something in the final 3rd or 4th quarter of the game for the branching to begin, that is the most to hope for, considering the budget of this game.

cylon_basestar_eye.gif