GMing Traveller or other Sci-Fi

Hey guys! I've been DMing 3.5 Edition D&D, Eberron Campaign Setting, for the last couple of years. I have recently acquired the Traveller (Mongoose Edition) Rulebook, but am having trouble coming up with many adventures for it. Does anyone have any adventure creation advice?

Brown Bear- attacks Squirrel
Brown Bear did 18 damage to Squirrel
Squirrel- death

depends entirely on what sort of game you want? do you want the players to have an adventure? do you want them to struggle? do you want them to be afraid of the unknown?

what do you want the players to get out of the game? I could give a few quick ideas but I don't want to give a horror scenario if you want an adventure game ;)

None of this is really happening. There is a man. With a typewriter. This is all part of his crazy imagination. 

Start small and detailed, make the quests personal and make sure your players see the effects their actions generate. Keep a few index cards around with little mini adventures upon them, for when your players go off the beaten track. Think of numerous organic plot hooks that serve to lead them back on to the main path of your adventure, so they don't feel they're being led by the nose. Space and its inherent dangers is a great way of limiting a players scope, once they step onto your space station/derelict space hulk or whatever you can guide them with very little effort.

Don't be afraid of cahanging your adventure if they do something clever or dumb that you hadn't expected, with a small very detailed enviroment you'll find it much easier to roll with the punches and portray interesting and believable consequences.

• Like 1

Quite an experience to live in misery isn't it? That's what it is to be married with children.

I've seen things you people can't even imagine. Pearly Kings glittering on the Elephant and Castle, Morris Men dancing 'til the last light of midsummer. I watched Druid fires burning in the ruins of Stonehenge, and Yorkshiremen gurning for prizes. All these things will be lost in time, like alopecia on a skinhead. Time for tiffin.

Tea for the teapot!