Project: Name of the Game?

Sorry if this topic has been tapped already, but I can't find it.

I'm constantly wondering what the game will be called. Project: Eternity still seems like a project code, like Blue Harvest or Van Buren. Will that really be the final name of the game? It doesn't quite click.

The word "project" sounds pretty much off for a fantasy title. Maybe if this were a sci-fi game, then it would work.

Maybe the final title will be simply Eternity?

I hope there's a subtitle, like Eternity: A Subtitle, and then if there's a sequel it won't be Eternity II but Eternity: Another Subtitle. I was hoping the Dragon Age devs would go this route, but of course it turned out that Dragon Age II should have been called something else entirely (I don't consider it a sequel any more than I would consider Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance a sequel to the original Baldur's Gate).

I think just Eternity would work. As far as I know, there are no other titles (past, present or future) going by this name.

Eternity makes sense due to the souls thing, I guess it depends on the story they develop.

That was my thought as well. If the current name doesn't make it, I'm expecting something to do with souls, eternity or the cycle of suffering(death and rebirth). Or at least something that has to do with these things in the P:E world.

Edited by kenup

I like the name, plus its easy to call it PE for short, so I wouldn't mind the game called Project Eternity, but yeah if the story could make the name, maybe some kind of project to try and keep a soul / person from dying (also breaking the circle of souls), maybe to make someone immortal or godlike? so it could be a code name for a project in the game itself, but yeah, PE has created quite a buzz on the internet, so would be interesting if the name is kept

not sure, really, just some ideas

I suspect they'll need to lock down the legal rights to it before the name gets published. Does that mean it will be different than any name we suggest?

Edited by rjshae

"It has just been discovered that research causes cancer in rats."

I like the name, plus its easy to call it PE for short, so I wouldn't mind the game called Project Eternity, but yeah if the story could make the name, maybe some kind of project to try and keep a soul / person from dying (also breaking the circle of souls), maybe to make someone immortal or godlike? so it could be a code name for a project in the game itself, but yeah, PE has created quite a buzz on the internet, so would be interesting if the name is kept

But PE makes me think of Physical Education and then me being bad at sports then me being kicking in the face by accident during rugby at school and breaking my nose which hurt...

But PE makes me think of Physical Education and then me being bad at sports then me being kicking in the face by accident during rugby at school and breaking my nose which hurt...

yeah true, I wasn't keen on sports either,