Anti-Dragon Age 2?

Cultist

It's quite the experience clicking on a thread with Volourn's random statement about sex being the only post on the current page, and wondering based on that post whether I even want to know what the rest of the conversation leading up to it was about.

• Like 3

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

It ended with Miranda's ass.

I thought Vol's comment was how he preferred Ander's Arse to Miranda's...which is why DA2 was so flamed in relation to the entire ME series????

:devil:

I mean...he wasn't all that specific about which sex he was discussing and it IS a DA2 thread...

Instead of complaining, Gaider should like any good artist would, channel all that emotional energy into his craft: videogame writing.

Oooh wait...

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Having read David Gaider's blog, I do feel bad for BioWare - they're the M. Night Shyamalan of gaming. They shouldn't feel obliged to include romances to satisfy a needy fanbase.

Why do you feel bad for them?  You just compared them to a talentless hack who had one good idea 20 years ago and then never moved past it.  That analogy is apt, but not something worthy of pity.

The biggest troll is BioWare.

http://blog.bioware.com/2012/06/18/dragon-age-question-of-the-month-collectors-item/

Do I need to explain why? Now I'm going to go clean out my eyes with alcohol.

Cowboys.com is now a gay dating site…GreenBayPackers.com is something we shall never discuss again…EVER.

Shakespeare said: Play to those who get it. Don’t dumb it down “to split the ears of the groundlings.”

Groundlings: The lowest common denominator.

http://blog.bioware.com/2012/06/18/dragon-age-question-of-the-month-collectors-item/

actually im not really sure i get it?

is it cause they are asking what kind of junky collectible bit to include in DA 3 collectors editions?

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

actually im not really sure i get it?

is it cause they are asking what kind of junky collectible bit to include in DA 3 collectors editions?

Maybe he doesn't like the picture?

Could be because thats eems to be Morrigan with Hawke... despite the fact that the two characters aren't actually connected (not counting Hawke's meeting with her mummy).

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

That is a weird art picture to be used in an "official" BioWare page.  Fan art of two characters who've never met?  What's next?  A bare-chested Cullen with Leliana?

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

When Jessica Merizin joined as a community manager, she tried to start a bunch of new fan community outreach programs, all of which lasted about a month or so. I suspect she got bored and there was no internal push for them to continue.

Now she hangs out on twitter and cos-plays for conventions.

• Like 1

"When is this out. I can't wait to play it so I can talk at length about how bad it is." - Gorgon.

oh, i didnt even look at the picture....

so if the picture was of sephiroth making out with robocop it would be trolling too?  or is there some secret troll message about these two characters being together?

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

Some people try to present BSN as populated by especially vicous and angry users, but in fact it is no more "hostile" than any forum. The forums become "toxic" when developers release bad quality product. It happens all the time.

Disagree. BSN is significantly more hostile than this forum, though less so than a place like Blizzard. It's as much a function of how large a developer is. I actually started posting on this forum instead of the old BioBoards way back in 2004 because I didn't like where the BioBoards were headed.

BioWare also has fewer active moderators now than it did pre-DAO despite the ever growing number of users.

"When is this out. I can't wait to play it so I can talk at length about how bad it is." - Gorgon.

What about a figurine of Isabela in her Pirate bikini? That would be popular

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Except for Woo, who for someone reasons keep working as a mod even though he was layed of...he quit. 

Shouldn't you have ended that post with "End of Line" ?

Edited by melkathi

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

Except for Woo, who for someone reasons keep working as a mod even though he was layed of...he quit. 

What

• Like 1

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

There was an interesting article posted on Gamasutra today regarding the different RPG Genres. It identifies Dragon Age as a narrative RPG and lists the qualities of that type. PE/IE sounds a bit more of a mix of the narrative style with the dungeon crawler. However, the author of the article regards mixing styles as a mistake. I'm not sure how much that is true, but it does make for a contemplative read.

• Like 1

"It has just been discovered that research causes cancer in rats."