Visually, Sagani is my by far my favorite. I kind of like Forton, as well. I find his bedraggled appearance to be kind of endearing; he could be sort of a Yojimbo/Sanjuro sort of character (if you haven't seen either of those movies, go do it now). Since we know so little about them other than their concept art (assuming these even are companions and not a rival adventuring party or something), it's a little hard to choose a favorite beyond that.

Forton looks like he'd have some good stories, and a lot of "Back in my day" interjections, which would be fun. Aloth would appeal to me on a sort of fun-to-travel with character, and because I'm likely to play a cipher in my first play through.

He doesn't seem like the tragically romantic type to me.

The whole concept of Boreal Dwarfes looks and feels quite new, so I'd also vote for Sagani. :)

"Was du nicht kennst, das, meinst du, soll nicht gelten? Du meinst, daß Phantasie nicht wirklich sei?

Aus ihr allein erwachsen künft'ge Welten: In dem, was wir erschaffen, sind wir frei."

- Michael Ende, Das Gauklermärchen

From what little I know im gonna go with the archery short girl. Cause... um... yay short girls? I dunno I know absolutely nothing about them except the Cipher, and he sounds kinda interesting but... yeah.

Def Con: kills owls dead

Definetely Sagani. An Innuit dwarf archer? Sign me up. And for Cadegund too, but mostly because of her boomstick (Machine Gun Preacher anyone?)

The Orlan detective sounds pretty cool, but I'll reserve my judjement till I see the actual artworks of the race and the character.