In BG2 there was an option to hide UI by pressing 'h'. The UI would comeback when you press 'h' again or pause the game. I really liked the way the game look like that as it gave me the feeling of the in-game cutscenes with Irenicus (importance?). It also provided a larger screen when exploring a city...

Is there such a thing in the plans?

In BG2 there was an option to hide UI by pressing 'h'. The UI would comeback when you press 'h' again or pause the game. I really liked the way the game look like that as it gave me the feeling of the in-game cutscenes with Irenicus (importance?). It also provided a larger screen when exploring a city...

Is there such a thing in the plans?

It helps with immersion too.

It hasn't been mentioned anywhere because that's a granular feature of the UI, not the mechanics (right now they're more fleshing out the actual lore bits, companions, classes, races, and broad mechanics for combat). I definitely liked that in BG you could disable parts of the three UI panes besides the whole thing, and I suspect Obsidian would allow that.

• Like 1

The KS Collector's Edition does not include the Collector's Book.

Which game hook brought you to Project Eternity and interests you the most?

PE will not have co-op/multiplayer, console, or tablet support (sources): [0] [1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7]

Write your own romance mods because there won't be any in PE.

"But what is an evil? Is it like water or like a hedgehog or night or lumpy?" -(Digger)

"Most o' you wanderers are but a quarter moon away from lunacy at the best o' times." -Alvanhendar (Baldur's Gate 1)

It helps with immersion too.

I do not like that word but what I hinted with the Irenicus-style was that...

It 'should' not be hard to implement (I also do not like to talk for other people) but in Unity it is easy to hide the UI.

Can't see this not happening, still, would be awesome.

Should add that I'd personally like to see the return of a well drawn, artful UI a la BG/IWD, rather than something modular along the lines of *insert any modern RPG here*. I suppose modular, easily scalable UI's has their benefits, and I suppose it can be executed well, but even having played a number of newer RPGs, going back to BG/IWD I find their UI highly functional, yet immersive.

I want to play a painting, and I don't want a "high tech" UI to ruin this :)

Edited by mstark
"What if a mid-life crisis is just getting halfway through the game and realising you put all your points into the wrong skill tree?"

I think I would like more information about the UI in general to make a definite decision on this. May be just me though.

With the high resolutions we have these days, even having "boxed" UI's might feel like they leave enough gaming space to never need this. So who knows...

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee

If you do hide the interface, then it would be nice to have a tab along the border to do a quick restore. (Yes I know there would be a keyboard equivalent.) :)

"It has just been discovered that research causes cancer in rats."

Speaking of UI, I was wondering whether it would be possible for Obsidian to use BG like fonts, both in menus and in dialog windows... They added so much character to the game without compromising the legibility (maybe apart of being a tad too small for some of the players), unlike the generic sans-serif often used in NWN. Just a small detail but makes a whole lot of difference.

Edited by Solviulnir the Soulbinder

If it doesn't, I'll bet some mod will come out to support it. :)

Maybe they can make the font an option so it can include OpenDyslexic for those who struggle with that issue?

"It has just been discovered that research causes cancer in rats."