Maybe a brawling or fighting pit mini-game, but not anything too intensive that it would take away resources from core gameplay.

"Things are funny...are comedic, because they mix the real with the absurd." - Buzz Aldrin.

"P-O-T-A-T-O-E" - Dan Quayle

I love the idea but honestly I think it would take developement resources away from something else that people would see. I truth I'm sort of viewing the stronghold management as a mini-game already. I think it will already break up the gameplay of the game at large so to speak by giving you something else to manage. So in terms of mini-games I'd rather they develope this aspect of the game more rather than add a card game or something to PE.

That said I certainly wouldn't be opposed to it at all if they did decide to add it. I loved playing Liars Dice in Red Dead Redemption. As much as I love poker however I wouldn't want to see it in the game as that is bit too specificly a part of our world for me to believe the exact same game would spring up in a fantasy setting completely seperate from our own.

Edited by Pshaw

K is for Kid, a guy or gal just like you. Don't be in such a hurry to grow up, since there's nothin' a kid can't do.

Posters have responded rather negatively to the idea of mini-games in this forum. Vehemently, in fact. But I did enjoy the little games of dice poker in The Witcher.

"It has just been discovered that research causes cancer in rats."

I loved dice poker in The Witcher games... and arm wrestling in Witcher 2. Fistfighting then again... I never really understood mechanics behind it in the first game and in second one it was just plain boring and too easy. Drinking contests were also something that made me really confused, because I didn't see any real game there: You just chose what you want to drink and repeated until your contestant had had enough. Is it even possible to lose one?

Another great example was that card game in KOTOR, which's name I can't remember and too lazy to find out. Very addictive and fun when you learned it and had decent deck.

So yes, I would like to see some fun gambling minigames.

PlanescapeTorment-1.jpg

I love gambling, so including into the game would be a welcome feature. Whether it's betting on arena fights or dice, I would welcome it's inclusion. It also enhances role playing because it allows me to role play a character who likes to take risks and gamble more easily.

Edited by Chunkyman

I'd like a sort of card game. Just Gamble and earn your money to buy new gear instead of kill and loot body or do quest .Would be nice to play mini games against one of your companion :devil:

I will bravely raise my sword against anything to protect whoever I choose to serve.

If done right, these are fun things. MCA has already mentioned that he considers all the mini-games in KOTOR2 one of the mistakes made in development.

If it's something with pre-existing rules like existing card games, then it's not too difficult to implement. Something with a completely new set of rules is a risk as well as a bigger time investment. I'm not totally against such a thing because I've greatly enjoyed things like that in games that implement it effectively. If it's not done right, however, it's just a waste of resources.

Yes, I wish I can play board game with my companions in stronghold~

I always love this kind of topic, those small details, hiding elements, easter eggs.....

They like spices, very trivial, but make whole game taste great.

Her mind is Tiffany-twisted, She got the Mercedes Benz

She's got a lot of pretty, pretty boys, that she calls friends

How they dance in the courtyard, sweet summer sweat.

Some dance to remember, some dance to forget

Board game.. That's something I never considered before, interesting.... Mixed with gambling, could it be possible?

I will bravely raise my sword against anything to protect whoever I choose to serve.

If done right, these are fun things. MCA has already mentioned that he considers all the mini-games in KOTOR2 one of the mistakes made in development.

Pity. I rather enjoyed playing pazaak.

I think the issue was less that he did not think the mini-games were fun, but that they did not contribute enough to the game and considering the unfinished state the game was released in, those resources (man-hours and money) could have been spent in better places.

Board game.. That's something I never considered before, interesting.... Mixed with gambling, could it be possible?

Everything is possible......with enough budget :wacko:

Her mind is Tiffany-twisted, She got the Mercedes Benz

She's got a lot of pretty, pretty boys, that she calls friends

How they dance in the courtyard, sweet summer sweat.

Some dance to remember, some dance to forget

Everything is possible......with enough budget :wacko:

I'd probably ruin myself at gambling.. Gotta make sure I save my game every once in a while...

Pity. I rather enjoyed playing pazaak.

I think the issue was less that he did not think the mini-games were fun, but that they did not contribute enough to the game and considering the unfinished state the game was released in, those resources (man-hours and money) could have been spent in better places.

That would make sense, yes. But I thought the game was rushed by LucasArts' initiative? I mean, Obsidian couldn't have possibly known that the resources spent on minigames would be needed afterwards because of publisher's meddling...

Posters have responded rather negatively to the idea of mini-games in this forum. Vehemently, in fact. But I did enjoy the little games of dice poker in The Witcher.

I don't understand how comments can be negatively or vehemently after Fallout New Vegas. Caravan is a great game. They can do something like this for PE, or just some poker variation.

Edited by Nines