Don't go to malls ? Lots of them there. Mostly scowling or plasticy ones though, heh.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Fitness thread -> Pervert thread

Natural evolution.

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

Heh, I think I was the one that derailed it! Let's face it. Why do men work out? It's not to impress the other men. Unless that is your persuasion, then it is for the same reasons!

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Heh, I think I was the one that derailed it! Let's face it. Why do men work out? It's not to impress the other men. Unless that is your persuasion, then it is for the same reasons!

I dunno, the biggest workout buffs I've known were all (pathological) narcisists. :D

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

What's the point in working out, if God can give you unbelievable strength in any moment of your life?

You'll never rip a lion's mouth apart without the spirit of God, divinely empowering you. So why work out?

You people really wanna impress females with your muscles? Is that the point? Cause if it is, you're nothing more different than whores who seek to wear the best makeup/dresses, for the sole reason to impress their prey.

Trust me brothers, I'm 27 (Gonna be 28 soon), I know what I'm talking about, I've been there, I've done this & I highly regret it. Don't waste God's patience and infinite mercy on such absurd things. Instead of working out, you should start fasting.

while i doubt that's an actual serious post, i'll play :D

What's the point in working out, if God can give you unbelievable strength in any moment of your life?

i haven't cut my hair in over half a decade and the samson effect still hasn't kicked in. i'll go with the weights.

You'll never rip a lion's mouth apart without the spirit of God, divinely empowering you. So why work out?

false.

You people really wanna impress females with your muscles? Is that the point? Cause if it is, you're nothing more different than whores who seek to wear the best makeup/dresses, for the sole reason to impress their prey.

no, i do it for fun. few things make me feel as alive as powering through a set of high-rep squats. and if it weren't because i am a rabid anti-theist, the first thing i'd think when i lie on the ground catching my breath is "god, take this barbell and stick it up your ass for giving me growth hormone deficiency". which is incidentally one of the other reasons i exercise, although i was unlucky in that i didn't discover lifting until way too late and am stuck being 5 feet tall.

Trust me brothers, I'm 27 (Gonna be 28 soon), I know what I'm talking about, I've been there, I've done this & I highly regret it. Don't waste God's patience and infinite mercy on such absurd things. Instead of working out, you should start fasting.

579163_419921131407396_1681109483_n.jpg

also, leangains.

WWTNOD?

I think you took that post a little bit too seriously. :)

That Donny Shankle T-shirt is pretty cool. I want one.

as i said, i was just playing :p

also, the shankle is made of win. if i ever got any of his merchandise, it'd probably be the posters. shankle's posters are awesome and would make epic additions to any gym, so maybe when/if i get a home gym.

I am not sure, I think Felithivian is being serious if you look at his other posts. So the response was appropriate IMO.

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

• 4 weeks later...
Guest The Architect

I live in the American Gardens building on West 81st street. My name is Patrick Bateman. I'm 27 years old. I believe in taking care of myself, and a balanced diet and a rigorous exercise routine. In the morning, if my face is a little puffy, I'll put on an ice pack while doing my stomach crunches. I can do a thousand now. After I remove the ice pack, I use a deep pore cleanser lotion. In the shower, I use a water activated gel cleanser. Then a honey almond body scrub. And on the face, an exfoliating gel scrub. Then apply an herb mint facial mask, which I leave on for 10 minutes while I prepare the rest of my routine. I always use an aftershave lotion with little or no alcohol, because alcohol dries your face out and makes you look older. Then moisturizer, then an anti-aging eye balm followed by a final moisturizing protective lotion. There is an idea of a Patrick Bateman, some kind of abstraction, but there is no real me. Only an entity, something illusory. And though I can hide my cold gaze, and you can shake my hand and feel flesh gripping yours and maybe you can even sense our life styles are probably comparable, I simply am not there.

The business card scene is better.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Guest The Architect
That was probably the best part of the movie.

Although I imagine that was taken directly from the book, but I never read that. Still, quoting American Psycho is a bit off-topic :p

It's not totally off topic, I did mention that I can now do a thousand stomach crunches.

Anyhow, my eye balm isn't going to put itself on.