The Obsidian Order of Eternity wants YOU! part 6

...and I'm not going anywhere near kickstarter for a while either.

Thirded.

Should we not start with some Ipelagos, or at least some Greater Ipelagos, before tackling a named Arch Ipelago? 6_u

Heh, for once Finland actually has warmth... 27°C (80.6°F) in the shade right now. 8)

Well don't get too comfy there Silver because I'll be thinking of you next Summer when I'm hanging out on the beautiful Aussie beaches while you are being turned into a human shaped icicle :devil:  Actually I don't know how you cope in Finland, I haven't stopped complaining since the temperature dipped under 10 degrees.

Lephys - looks like kickstarter has drained all our bank accounts now. ;(

priestess2.jpg

The Divine Marshmallow shall succour the souls of the Righteous with his sweetness while the Faithless writhe in the molten syrup of his wrath.

Idea: sparked.

How badly would it suck if one enemy, in P:E, could drain your money, instead of your health or mana/stamina? :)

Should we not start with some Ipelagos, or at least some Greater Ipelagos, before tackling a named Arch Ipelago? 6_u

Idea: sparked.

How badly would it suck if one enemy, in P:E, could drain your money, instead of your health or mana/stamina? :)

NO!  They can take our allies, our health bar and our special abilities but enemies can keep their damn hands OFF MY GOLD! 

• Like 3

priestess2.jpg

The Divine Marshmallow shall succour the souls of the Righteous with his sweetness while the Faithless writhe in the molten syrup of his wrath.

I'm sure that if someone fired up a Kickstarter for a serious gaming console to compete with the Playstation 4 that doesn't require "frequently on" internet connection, they'd probably get all the new Xbox's deflected customer base in backing.

Slightly unrelated, I know. I don't think it was Kickstarted, but State of Decay is a new game from a new studio, and it's actually quite well done and is doing very well, and right now it's console-only. So, it just got me thinking about the potential for non-PC Kickstarter RPGs and projects.

Basically, the future of PC gaming looks pretty good, and I wish I could say the same for consoles (in general).

Not sure if this is the right thread to ask, but will I be able to upgrade my pledge before the game is released? I mean a pledge management system similar to the one inXile is using for Wasteland 2.

I believe they're working on the backer site right now, and, as far as I know, it's supposed to include a pledge-management interface for us. I'm not 100% certain on that, though.

• Like 1

Obsidian actually have two job postings up - Backend Web Developer and Web Developer intern, so i'd say that they're still a bit away.

Sounds like they just need to hire Peter Parker. 8)

Obsidian actually have two job postings up - Backend Web Developer and Web Developer intern, so i'd say that they're still a bit away.

Sounds like they just need to hire Peter Parker. 8)

Zing!

They've got time though, inXile hasn't gotten around importing their KS data yet - though if inXile gets it done first, I'm going to question what substance Obsidian serves out of their water coolers.

Exile in Torment

QblGc0a.png

Hiya Silver, I thought you were in kickstarter exile for a while?

Well seeing I'm bored out of my mind this afternoon I'll have a look....might play wordament for a bit first. Does that read as 'tragic' as it feels? Wordament.....how has it come to this?

• Like 2

priestess2.jpg

Hiya Silver, I thought you were in kickstarter exile for a while?

Well seeing I'm bored out of my mind this afternoon I'll have a look....might play wordament for a bit first. Does that read as 'tragic' as it feels? Wordament.....how has it come to this?

I took all of two months off before backing Satellite Reign. :p I backed another three projects today... something tells me I'm not very good at taking breaks from KS.

P.S. I had to google Wordament, never heard of it before.

Soo... any more of you backing Satellite Reign? We're over there with Jalister and Dablue.

I did

Cool, I wonder if there are many more of us over there? The comments section isn't that fast-paced over there.

• Like 1

Exile in Torment

QblGc0a.png

I don't post in the comments section but I backed it a while ago. I've spoken to the dev on another forum (OCAU) briefly. You should chuck in a recommendation for them to see if Obsidian will mention them in an Update :p

Well if you write it as 8 weeks it sounds much more impressive.  You totally white knuckled it there.  :yes:

Yeah, wordament - It's tough out there in the world of competitive wordsearch.  If we had headsets it'd be brutal man.  :w00t:

Not too sure on Satellite Reign - I'm not willing to risk the wrath of the husband on anything short of 'Baldur's Gate - Return to Awesome'  today.  :getlost:

Edited by Sistergoldring

priestess2.jpg

Man, Obisidian should hire David Walgrave from Larian for that backer fulfilment site. He installed a proper working solution on the LarianVault within weeks...... :cat:

Edited by LordCrash
35167v4.jpg

...and possibly developed a sleep disorder in the process. ;)

It was probably an excellently-designed, bug-free sleep disorder, though. 8D

Also...

MUST... NOT... CHECK... KICKSTARTER! '''>_<''' ...

The power of funding COMPELS you!!!

Really, though. I just bought a $1200 laptop so that I can use it as my base of operations from which to learn game development. I'm afraid I'm going to have to give it a few months of re-saving before I can hit Kickstarter again. And really the only thing that's going to stop me from funding things on Kickstarter is keeping myself completely in the dark about them.