The Obsidian Order of Eternity wants YOU! part 6

Well, it's very, very quiet. I'm a site mod there and so I try to log on regularly to check for anything, you know :facepalm: but there's so little traffic it's kind of pointless. This makes me ;( 'cause I thought the whole core OOE was a great bunch of people. I really think it faces the problem that we haven't given anyone anything to do, outside of chat about stuff and that need is better served by the Obsidian website.

I think that the whole group could be re-energised if we came up wth some group activities that people could participate in. I thought that some sort of multiplayer Baldur's gate stuff could get people interacting again but I don't play multiplayer anything so I'm not sure how you go about arranging that sort of set up.

What about mods? Silver I know you're a mad modder is it feasible to shove something OOE related into an old infinity game?

Yrrrk - I don't know I just don't want to stand back and let the whole thing just wither away without trying something :banghead:

I haven't heard anything from LC or Farudan for a while either but you know they did so much while the kickstarter was on that I figured they were having a little me time for a bit.

Anyway............oh poop I don't know! ;(

Edited by Sistergoldring

priestess2.jpg

The Divine Marshmallow shall succour the souls of the Righteous with his sweetness while the Faithless writhe in the molten syrup of his wrath.

Well, it's very, very quiet. I'm a site mod there and so I try to log on regularly to check for anything, you know :facepalm: but there's so little traffic it's kind of pointless. This makes me ;( 'cause I thought the whole core OOE was a great bunch of people. I really think it faces the problem that we haven't given anyone anything to do, outside of chat about stuff and that need is better served by the Obsidian website.

I think that the whole group could be re-energised if we came up wth some group activities that people could participate in. I thought that some sort of multiplayer Baldur's gate stuff could get people interacting again but I don't play multiplayer anything so I'm not sure how you go about arranging that sort of set up.

What about mods? Silver I know you're a mad modder is it feasible to shove something OOE related into an old infinity game?

Yrrrk - I don't know I just don't want to stand back and let the whole thing just wither away without trying something :banghead:

I haven't heard anything from LC or Farudan for a while either but you know they did so much while the kickstarter was on that I figured they were having a little me time for a bit.

It's always possible to mod something into say, BG II, but you'd actually have to understand what you're doing - it's not something that would be suitable for a large group project. Not unless we took ideas and concepts from everyone, but that would quickly become very convoluted.

If I had to pick, I'd go for a multiplayer group, but I don't have any idea which game would widely accessible and flexible enough. Hopefully LC and Farudan appear again some time during the holiday season.

Exile in Torment

QblGc0a.png

When the game comes out the site will be inundated, i play Evony with people i have known for a couple of years and we have an alliance room on skype with 100 people, soon as a player stops playing, they dont chat anymore, even peeps i have played with accross two or three servers dont chat anymore if they give up the game, IE, no game=nothing in common=nothing to talk about, i see it al lthe time. So when PE comes out then we will be back in business with Dablue and Batnat and Crabby all comming back to the fold :dancing:

• Like 2

Battlemage of The Obsidian Order|WoOS's|AoUA|BoSB & Knight of the Lily
51f51855-1d80-4893-b580-1894e7e77c20_zps

Currently playing Torment:Tides of Numenera & Reading Neverwinter Saga Gauntlgrym

Hmm, i am not a OO member but actually i don't know where to ask my question..

Is there on the Forum a place where we talk about other KS project ?

There is a game atm..that is in campaign and which inspiration is Fallout/Fallout Tactics..But they doesn't have a lot of media coverage..(the setting is a post-apocalyptic earth..with people living underground (big reference :p)). In any case if one of you could redirect me to the place where we talk or i could talk about it..thanks by advance!

And yes, Being an admin of several forum i can tell you that when news are gonna come (and concrete news about the game). People will get excited and come back again :)

You can already with the concept art we have created gifs/smileys, poster, parody, your own concept art, drawing contest, writer contest etc.. and organize a propaganda for OO and PE.

Edited by Dawn_

Hmm, i am not a OO member but actually i don't know where to ask my question..

Is there on the Forum a place where we talk about other KS project ?

There's The Kickstarter thread in the "Computer and Console" forum, with occasional dedicated threads to a few specific projects as well. The C&C is the forum for generalized/other game/gaming news discussion. :)

Edit: ...that's if you were asking about a place on the Obsidian fora. If not ... nvm, just ignore me. :laugh:

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Thanks LadyCrimson it's exactly what i was looking for!

I just never thought to find it in the computer & console thread (well i didn't take a look on this one). I thought i would only find thread about the next GTA or the next soccer game lol

Well, it does work... just register and you should be good to go.

I did but I never got my activation email.

When I signed up for the site, one of the administrators had to approve my registration. Since they are both missing at the moment, you're out of luck --- at least until they return.

Honestly, my whole feeling was to just help a little more with the Kickstarter and that's why I "joined" this thing. I sort of imagined that this would die after the kickstarter. I hope that doesn't upset you: just letting you know why one of the OOoE people joined. :biggrin:

My blog is where I'm keeping a record of all of my suggestions and bug mentions.

http://hormalakh.blogspot.com/  UPDATED 9/26/2014

My DXdiag:

http://hormalakh.blogspot.com/2014/08/beta-begins-v257.html

Honestly, my whole feeling was to just help a little more with the Kickstarter and that's why I "joined" this thing. I sort of imagined that this would die after the kickstarter. I hope that doesn't upset you: just letting you know why one of the OOoE people joined. :biggrin:

No, why would that upset me? I think it's the reason most people joined and is the reason I did too. :biggrin:

I just think that there are ways to engage a group of people who are interested in similar things (namely Project Eternity or isometric RPGs) that haven't been explored in the OOE and if people are interested in doing so we could collaboratively come up with some options but if not well I'm surely not going to lose any sleep over it. :yes:

Edited by Sistergoldring

priestess2.jpg

The Divine Marshmallow shall succour the souls of the Righteous with his sweetness while the Faithless writhe in the molten syrup of his wrath.

I think I, like a lot of people need something more to engage us. Something to be able to contribute in, instead of always just reading/ lurking and posting. I have also not been on or engaged lating just because life happens, but I still make sure I come back to check in, and make sure peoples are doing fine. :)

18hg6f.jpg?t=1350556308

The shadow in the corner of your eye. The cold steel pressed to your throat.

The beautiful vision that may be your last.

Do not breath, for the Petite Death has your Soul in her hand.

So y'all may remember I mentioned in the Kickstarter threads that my husband is an awesome craftsman and does RL woodwork and art design.

I'm gonna back that claim up with this - a custom made 5 bottle wine chest with hand-carved top.

http://preview.tinyurl.com/brfzgjp

• Like 1

Don't be like that Constance girl, she's weird - Manager @ Disneyland

RL Bard, Storyteller, and Costumer

• 3 weeks later...

http://www.kickstart...legends-of-dawn

Legends of Dawn - Kickstarter Launched

Looking good

It does look interesting, I am not fan of the art direction, but modders might swarm this one eventually. I like what i hear about magic system, hope they will continue to evolve it. Wont pledge but will buy the game after awhile...just in case. Bugs and such.

magic021.jpg

howdy folks, havent been around for some time. Whats new?

DABLUUUUUUUUUE

What's happening buddy? I only came around here yesterday myself. Been busy with work. You freezing your tail off yet??

Hehe yeah its quite cold here. And to be honest I havent been on kickstarter alot in the past couple of months due to work as well.. That and my world of warcraft addiction (dont judge me ;p) But I opened my spreadsheet with links from kickstarter and thought "HEY!!.. lets go and look how my TOO buddies are doing"

-Guarddog of the Obsidian Order-

*runs through room just to show i am still alive, stops to pet Dablue and tells everyone it's a new year same old sh!t lol :alienani:

Battlemage of The Obsidian Order|WoOS's|AoUA|BoSB & Knight of the Lily
51f51855-1d80-4893-b580-1894e7e77c20_zps

Currently playing Torment:Tides of Numenera & Reading Neverwinter Saga Gauntlgrym

• 4 weeks later...

I must be crazy with the few funds I have, but there you go, I paid the 8$ So I can give myself an appropriately posh title.

...give me a day, I'll come up with something cool.

Remember: Argue the point, not the person. Remain polite and constructive. Friendly forums have friendly debate. There's no shame in being wrong. If you don't have something to add, don't post for the sake of it. And don't be afraid to post thoughts you are uncertain about, that's what discussion is for.
---
Pet threads, everyone has them. I love imagining Gods, Monsters, Factions and Weapons.