The Obsidian Order of Eternity wants YOU! part 6

Hey guys!

I FINALLY pledged via PayPal. Man, Retail Collector's Edition, international shipping PLUS Obsidian Order... What a hole in my wallet. But I'm really glad about it! :)

Then its time to pick a title

oh and pm your steam profile and I'll bring you into the steam group

None of this is really happening. There is a man. With a typewriter. This is all part of his crazy imagination. 

A jetblack day: Disney announced the takeover of Lucas Arts and Rockstar denied a PC version of GTA 5.... :verymad::banghead::(:alien::yucky::down:;(

Btw: Fallout: NV is part of the Steam Halloween Sale so if you don't have it yet.... :yes:

Edited by LordCrash
35167v4.jpg

A jetblack day: Disney announced the takeover of Lucas Arts and Rockstar denied a PC version of GTA 5.... :verymad::banghead::(:alien::yucky::down:;(

Btw: Fallout: NV is part of the Steam Halloween Sale so if you don't have it yet.... :yes:

hmmm no PC version of GTA 5???

As for Disney and LucasFilms/Arts I see this a good thing until they screw it up.

Azarhal, Chanter and Keeper of Truth of the Obsidian Order of Eternity.

Thanks Silver - I've got all of them except Ascension. How good is it because I don't want to have to go through the whole reinstallation again if I can't just add it on top of the others? I've just loaded the game up and it's still looks so good (Ok, it's modded to hell :yes: but....that doesn't count.) I got shivers down my spine at the with the opening narration. :biggrin:

You know I've never played multiplayer at all, so I'm going to be the worst team mate ever when we get this thing up and running!

It's pretty good IMO, and I wouldn't run BG II without it, but you can read the latest ReadMe to get a better picture and decide for yourself if it's worth your time. Ascension was originally made by David Gaider from BioWare in his spare time, so the basic premise for it is sound for me at least.

As for installation, you'd normally install Ascension before any other mods, even in its current WeiDU form. The BG II Fixpack would follow right after.

Exile in Torment

QblGc0a.png

Hey guys!

I FINALLY pledged via PayPal. Man, Retail Collector's Edition, international shipping PLUS Obsidian Order... What a hole in my wallet. But I'm really glad about it! :)

Then its time to pick a title

oh and pm your steam profile and I'll bring you into the steam group

I'd love to be the "Weird Bard of the Obsidian Order" :dancing:

Elan_song.gif

Wow, that sounds AWESOME! Well worth a reinstall. Thanks Silver for telling me about it, you rock. :)

No problem. :)

Ascension has been around for so long now that sometimes I think everybody who still plays BG II knows about it, but I guess I should keep mentioning it just in case. =]

Exile in Torment

QblGc0a.png

Silver - yeah, I'm not surprised. I'd heard that David Gaider had done something with the modders but I only got interested in modding with DAO and so I never installed mods on any earlier title. I guess it means I'm in for a lot of fun now I've joined the party. :yes:

• Like 1

priestess2.jpg

The Divine Marshmallow shall succour the souls of the Righteous with his sweetness while the Faithless writhe in the molten syrup of his wrath.

Hm, I don't think I play BG 2 again that soon except for multiplayer sessions. I've played BG 2 + TOB (vanilla) twice and that's already an accolade. ;)

I've lost count of how many times I've played them over the last decade... :)

Silver - yeah, I'm not surprised. I'd heard that David Gaider had done something with the modders but I only got interested in modding with DAO and so I never installed mods on any earlier title. I guess it means I'm in for a lot of fun now I've joined the party. :yes:

You should be in for a much smoother experience with the fixpack. The other mods like Tweak Pack and Ascension add a lot of ease-of-use and story features as well. Personally I limit myself to Ascension and components from Unfinished Business on the story side of things, just to keep the game near vanilla.

Edited by Archmage Silver

Exile in Torment

QblGc0a.png

Love the look of it technically, and I like some of the key points in the philosophy about what content should be/do. Not much info yet as to what the game itself will be including for content, but I've backed at the £10 level and might up that later as more content info comes. If nothing else I'd love to see their core engine completed and to play with it for modding :)

• Like 1

"If we are alone in the universe, it sure seems like an awful waste of space"

Engine wise they pretty much have it done. They're a small team with realistic goals. I really hope they can deliver.

Plus only £10 for the initial game, the low entry level alone will probably help them if they get the right sort of promotional bump.

If notch tweets it they are sorted.

None of this is really happening. There is a man. With a typewriter. This is all part of his crazy imagination. 

I think the game looks like it could be good and I'm interested but my gut tells me that this is an awful lot of game for such a small budget. I'm going to watch it for a bit but at the moment I'm more inclined to hold on to my money until it's published. :no:

• Like 1

priestess2.jpg

The Divine Marshmallow shall succour the souls of the Righteous with his sweetness while the Faithless writhe in the molten syrup of his wrath.

Reading through the comments section over there...10 of the 47 comments are from Order members, and close to that many again are responses to those comments from the developer. Something tells me we like to talk too much ;)

• Like 3

An additional note: Kickstarter is now handling credit cards themselves instead of using Amazon Payments.

About Goddam time!

Reading through the comments section over there...10 of the 47 comments are from Order members, and close to that many again are responses to those comments from the developer. Something tells me we like to talk too much ;)

So we are funding the game... Fair enough were the target demographic

This is very true, and I suppose that the people which make up the Order are also exactly the sort of people to get "more involved" in a project like this rather than pledging quietly too - after all, otherwise we wouldn't have joined up in the Order in the first place :p