The Obsidian Order of Eternity wants YOU! part 6

:excl: Small update for the OOoE shields :excl:

Atm I gathered another 50 shield requests here and in the forum on the order page. I wanted to make most of them at the weekend but I was mostly occupied with work and family so most of them are still in the pipeline.

I hope I can finish them until the next weekend so please stay patient. I haven't forgotten you! 8)

Edited by LordCrash
35167v4.jpg

if you cant think of a title can I suggest

Niccolado, Hippopotomonstrosesquipedaliophobic of the Obsidian Order

hippopotomonstrosesquipedaliophobia is a fear of long words.

Also a sick part of me wants to see LordCrash try to fit that on a sigil :devil:

• Like 2

None of this is really happening. There is a man. With a typewriter. This is all part of his crazy imagination. 

if you cant think of a title can I suggest

Niccolado, Hippopotomonstrosesquipedaliophobic of the Obsidian Order

hippopotomonstrosesquipedaliophobia is a fear of long words.

Also a sick part of me wants to see LordCrash try to fit that on a sigil :devil:

Sure, it's only a matter of font size...... :wowey:

35167v4.jpg

:excl: Small update for the OOoE shields :excl:

Atm I gathered another 50 shield requests here and in the forum on the order page. I wanted to make most of them at the weekend but I was mostly occupied with work and family so most of them are still in the pipeline.

I hope I can finish them until the next weekend so please stay patient. I haven't forgotten you! 8)

Don't owerwork yourself over the shields, they're just flavor. :)

• Like 2

Exile in Torment

QblGc0a.png

I PM'd Farudan 4 days ago but still haven't been added...is there something else I need to do to join? :blink:

All you need to do to qualify if donate $8 or more on top of a pledge level.

Post on this thread with your preferred title (check to make sure its not taken)

If you have done both of those then just wait someone will get to you. They are lovely people and will help as soon as they can.

None of this is really happening. There is a man. With a typewriter. This is all part of his crazy imagination. 

Hiya Silver - yeah, can't get rid of me it seems! I've been lurking around on the romance/romance hate thread (WHY DO I DO IT :w00t: ) We're talking about getting some multiplayer games up and running on the OO website and some other exciting member only activities so hopeful we'll have a lot more interaction happening there soon...........anything to stop the pointless arguing I've been doing lately!

Also I've been inspired by all the PE discussion to get BG2 off gog and try and get it running on my PC because I've keep remembering just how great it was. I'm not holding out too much hope though, I think I'll end up playing in one of those horrible tiny boxes for about 5 minutes before I get cranky and turn it off!

Edited by Sistergoldring

priestess2.jpg

The Divine Marshmallow shall succour the souls of the Righteous with his sweetness while the Faithless writhe in the molten syrup of his wrath.

Hiya Silver - yeah, can't get rid of me it seems! I've been lurking around on the romance/romance hate thread (WHY DO I DO IT :w00t: ) We're talking about getting some multiplayer games up and running on the OO website and some other exciting member only activities so hopeful we'll have a lot more interaction happening there soon...........anything to stop the pointless arguing I've been doing lately!

Also I've been inspired by all the PE discussion to get BG2 off gog and try and get it running on my PC because I've keep remembering just how great it was. I'm not holding out too much hope though, I think I'll end up playing in one of those horrible tiny boxes for about 5 minutes before I get cranky and turn it off!

Yeah, I should post more around the OOoE forums as well. We'll see, but hopefully I'll be around for a multiplayer game or two. :)

For BG II, don't forget these two essential mods:

Optional:

• Like 1

Exile in Torment

QblGc0a.png

Thanks Silver - I've got all of them except Ascension. How good is it because I don't want to have to go through the whole reinstallation again if I can't just add it on top of the others? I've just loaded the game up and it's still looks so good (Ok, it's modded to hell :yes: but....that doesn't count.) I got shivers down my spine at the with the opening narration. :biggrin:

You know I've never played multiplayer at all, so I'm going to be the worst team mate ever when we get this thing up and running!

priestess2.jpg

The Divine Marshmallow shall succour the souls of the Righteous with his sweetness while the Faithless writhe in the molten syrup of his wrath.

JayDGee - amazing effort on the steam group. :yes: I hope your typing fingers have held up!

minor repetitive strain injury nothing to worry about :p

I've just spoken to Darren (Guildmaster from Obsidian) and nabbed the final Epic Item tier pledge that someone withdrew from at the last minute. Just wondered if the folks of the Order would like to help me choose and design the item? Not sure how this works - I'm assuming Obsidian get in touch with guidelines of what we can and can't do, but if anyone has any ideas or preferences then post 'em here and we can go by the consensus.

I've just spoken to Darren (Guildmaster from Obsidian) and nabbed the final Epic Item tier pledge that someone withdrew from at the last minute. Just wondered if the folks of the Order would like to help me choose and design the item? Not sure how this works - I'm assuming Obsidian get in touch with guidelines of what we can and can't do, but if anyone has any ideas or preferences then post 'em here and we can go by the consensus.

I had an idea of a weapon forged from souls that I posted somewhere else.

She saw the knife it seemed small and poorly crafted.

A simple wooden handle warped with age would make it awkward to wield. The blade itself seemed sharp enough but looked like it was made in a rush without much care.

Initially she was going to ignore it, but something compelled her to pick it up.

Once in her hand she was swarmed with emotion. The Sorrow was crushing. The Fear overwhelming. The Hate intoxicating.

Her thoughts drowned out with cries for justice and revenge. A whole nation of voices screaming endlessly.

This seemingly simple weapon had been forged in a time of desperation. People with no more hope gave the last thing they had.

How many souls had been used to craft it?

She would never know.

She would never let it go.

She would never stop till the blade was sated.

What a shame the disaster had long since passed. The great enemy long dead. The hopeless nation forgotten in time.

Now just a champion driven mad by angry souls demanding justice. The surrounding lands were doomed.

Edited by JayDGee
  • Like 1

OK then

Shield of the Order

This worn and beaten shield was the symbol of an ancient Order.

A collective of Knights, Wizards, Thieves and Madmen they united in a common goal. The restoration of an Ideal.

Some say the orders time has passed, some believe they were merely a myth.

One thing is certain this Obsidian shield is very real and the symbol of Ouroboros was painted recently.

• Like 7

How about making a shield for the order, clammo.....*whistle*..... :dancing:

@ SGR @ Silver

BG 2 would be really cool for multiplayer but I don't know if we can arrange that timewise.

I would love to join a BG2 online romp. I've been looking for a group for a while now. Please let me know if you'd like an additional companion!

• Like 2