Pacts with demons and infernal bargains

I prefer eliminating the concept of demons (and angels) because I think manifesting either good or evil as an entity cheapens the ideals and actions of the various "normal" characters in a story. Especially in settings with ideas like having fallible gods, it doesn't really make sense for there to be entities that are completely divorced from that notion: that all the participants, no matter how mundane or exalted, are complex composites of beliefs and attitudes.

What I want to see is (not literally of course) that if you asked a magic mirror on the wall: "who is the evillest of them all?", that the answer would be a human. And if you asked it: "who is the goodest of them all?", the answer would be a human.

L I E S T R O N G
L I V E W R O N G

I prefer eliminating the concept of demons (and angels) because I think manifesting either good or evil as an entity cheapens the ideals and actions of the various "normal" characters in a story. Especially in settings with ideas like having fallible gods, it doesn't really make sense for there to be entities that are completely divorced from that notion: that all the participants, no matter how mundane or exalted, are complex composites of beliefs and attitudes.

What I want to see is (not literally of course) that if you asked a magic mirror on the wall: "who is the evillest of them all?", that the answer would be a human. And if you asked it: "who is the goodest of them all?", the answer would be a human.

I never been a fan of human supposed to be the most evil/best beings around, or beings like gods are just powerful reflections of the worst/best of humanity like greek/norse gods. I would rather the gods be alien/strange.

I am also not a fan of "angelic" beings, those beings who help people in need/good, but I love demons/devils (no relation to christian versions) who torment, cause discord, make pacts to get souls, seduce, try to gain entry into the mortal plane...,etc.

I like the idea of being tempted to go dark side for power. Like I said, I want many different beings of power that each offer different things. Demons are just one type.

It is usual for religions to have a kind of Big Bad. The One Who Screw Everything Up or The Reason Why We Can't Have Good Things)

I don't really like D&D motto "There are many gods but only one Asmodey" but its the most universal solution - to have a kind of common denominator, in D&D case two - devils and demons.

The thing I DON'T want to see is Warhammer like demons, that is completely alien and uncompromising to mortal mind and that wish only destruction of the universe.

Mundane demons are more fun, but that' only my opinion.

MzpydUh.gif

Seems like there are some kind of demons and infernal power after all. From PE wiki:

Learning Skills

This includes finding out previously unknown information, like the location of a town or a hidden door, or uncovering secret knowledge, like a potion recipe or the true name of a demon, or maybe knowing a good place to gather materials like ore or herbs.

MzpydUh.gif