Hero-U Kickstarter: Quest For Glory spiritual successor

Hurlshort

Okay, Hurlie, you convinced me. I only pledge for $35, but I did pledge. I figure I'll gift it to my wife. She likes adventure games and I think she might enjoy it. I'll cross my fingers it makes the last little bit.

• Like 1

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

380K!

20K to go in 15 hours. Still a bit of sweating to do.

Brannart can't you just donate the last 20k, it will reduce the stress for the rest of us?

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Brannart can't you just donate the last 20k, it will reduce the stress for the rest of us?

KIckstart limits you to 10k or I totally would!

Actually even if I had the money my wife would probably kill me.

:)

I hear you, I'm just joking.

Today at work I'll be keeping the KS page open so I can monitor the progress

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

:)

I hear you, I'm just joking.

Today at work I'll be keeping the KS page open so I can monitor the progress

I know heh. I have certainly caught myself thinking during this KS 'if only one QFG fan had gone on to become an eccentric billionaire'

I've never played a single Quest for Glory game but I pledged because a lot of you guys seem really passionate about it.

It's not much but I hope it helps to make it over the hump

Nice one Shady, you won't regret it

John Milton 

I've been putting off sleep for a couple hours to make sure I don't wake up to a failed project drive. With $5k and 7 hours left it's now assured but still, sort of want to stay up until it's 100%. The things Kickstarter drives me to..... at least Eternity's drive had the decency to end at about noon my time. :p

L I E S T R O N G
L I V E W R O N G

I've never played a single Quest for Glory game but I pledged because a lot of you guys seem really passionate about it.

It's not much but I hope it helps to make it over the hump

Likewise, I'll kick in for this. Nice to see it get that nice surge at the end, was expecting it to still be a ways off.

• Like 1

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Never know, this could turn out to be crap and I've wasted $60. Impressive how close this is, hopefully backers bump up their pledges to close the gap. Well, it was $1400 when I wrote this, now they need $700 in 5 hours.

Edited by Malcador

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Major thanks to Cant, Shady, and Malcador for kicking in, it looks like it will make it. You won't regret it, the Cole's are one of the few teams that manage to mix humor and wit in with their storytelling.

It is done. Funded with plenty of time to spare. Thank you to everybody who donated! I saw alot of you Order of Obsidian types on the funding list.

Yaaaaaaaay, good news. Another KS game to look forward to :)

John Milton 

I will say that the kickstarter made it because people like you guys who were really urging other folks (in a good way) to look at the kickstarter. I'm sure there were fans around the world telling their friends at home, at school, and on message boards all about the game how good it would be. A relatively small number of fans can make a big difference in this mean ol' world.

Plus, it really shows that we're actually a little community here in our own little spot of the web. I might be the old curmudgeon who shakes his cane at you youngsters, but I still like you enough to toss a few farthings into the basket.

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

Plus, it really shows that we're actually a little community here in our own little spot of the web. I might be the old curmudgeon who shakes his cane at you youngsters, but I still like you enough to toss a few farthings into the basket.

:grin: You are funny Cant, but you are right. Every contribution towards a project like this, whose KS goal was borderline, counts. So thanks :)

John Milton 

I eventually kicked in as it's old Sierra folk and I owe them something for that.