Do you want your character portraits to be like Baldur's Gate or NWN2?

How would you like your character's portraits to be implemented?  

558 members have voted

1. 1. How would you like your character's portraits to be implemented?

• Baldur's Gate (Artist's rendition)
    • Neverwinter Nights 2 (3D model that you change during character creation)
    • I have my own idea, not related to the above.

^you can also crop and shrink images to the right dimensions easily enough with a free program like GIMP

So if you find a cool character you like on the web you can just download the pic (for personal use) and adjust it for use in PoE.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

*Casts Nature's Terror* :aiee: , *Casts Firebug* :fdevil: , *Casts Rot-Skulls* :skull: , *Casts Garden of Life* :luck: *Spirit-shifts to cat form* :cat:

• 2 months later...

^you can also crop and shrink images to the right dimensions easily enough with a free program like GIMP

So if you find a cool character you like on the web you can just download the pic (for personal use) and adjust it for use in PoE.

That may hurt immersion somewhat though if the picture is in a very different style.

I know it's important, for nostalgia purposes, to have 2d paintings - and granted, some of them do look really nice. But surely it's equally important for your character to look like you think he/she should look?

Yeah they do look nice. Its close to as important, but I believe its easily enough to be able to achieve that to simply have many many many different painted BG2 style portraits to choose from, the more the merrier. Especially if the artists doing them dont get creatively "tired" in the meanwhile and star making their newer portraits alot like the old ones without realizing it  ;)

Edited by Sheikh