amazon not cooperating, no idea where to post this.

So yeah. Apparently according to kickstarter my card is expired, locked, or blah blah blah. Theres nothing wrong with my card. Nothing! Ive tried repaying and it doesnt work.

Im assuming my card issuer has finally clamped down on amazons insecure payment system, with no verification whatsoever. In any case, i cant pay my pledge, apparently.

So i guess this means you're out $160, and im out my CE version of the game. Of course this happens just as i am at work at sea, where i will be stuck for at least a month.

How long do i have to handle this, if at all possible?

Edited by Tale
language

I don't have any hard answers for you. But you can try to contact Obsidian for answers at info@obsidian.net. I've heard that it's kind of swamped at the moment and may take some time for response.

Paypal will continue to be open for a little while, but I don't know how much longer.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Have you looked here? http://forums.obsidi...nd-what’s-next/

Also, if you are a kickstarter backer, instead of trying info@obsidian.net, you can try going to the kickstarter site here: http://www.kickstart...ernity/comments and ask a question. Apparently the comments are still up. You could send a question directly to Feargus/Darren/Adam through the contact me link on the right hand side. They'll probably be able to help you.

Edited by Hormalakh
  • Like 1

My blog is where I'm keeping a record of all of my suggestions and bug mentions.

http://hormalakh.blogspot.com/  UPDATED 9/26/2014

My DXdiag:

http://hormalakh.blogspot.com/2014/08/beta-begins-v257.html

With every other use of my card, i am redirected to a website where i authenticate with my card and a code dongle thingy. Amazon has never supported this, and ive always felt iffy about it. Assuming thats the issue here.

I also have a 3rd party solution offered by my bank that Amazon does not support because it's not a very well made system technically, I don't blame them for not wanting to implement all these systems. It doesn't degrade gracefully when you're using white listing and it uses cross site scripting. If you're using Visa, Mastercard, or Maestro there shouldn't be a problem, I doubt it's locked because of not using your dongle unless you specifically asked for that. Amazon and Paypal are coming out with new dongles (paypal had one, that they ceased using, and it's completely useless if you have one).

Maybe it is a bank system that has gotten active due to a suspicious payment? I got a phone call which I missed from my bank concerning the kickstarter payment as it was relatively big and overseas. I hat to call back an automated system to confirm that I was aware of the payment and it should be allowed.

The initial Kickstarter payment failed, as did my first attempt to pay with the same card after the security system confirmation. The second time I tried it went through though.

Maybe you should check with the bank then try paying again a couple of times if it is a similar issue?

So yeah. Apparently according to kickstarter my card is expired, locked, or blah blah blah. Theres nothing wrong with my card. Nothing! Ive tried repaying and it doesnt work.

Im assuming my card issuer has finally clamped down on amazons insecure payment system, with no verification whatsoever. In any case, i cant pay my pledge, apparently.

So i guess this means you're out $160, and im out my CE version of the game. Of course this happens just as i am at work at sea, where i will be stuck for at least a month.

How long do i have to handle this, if at all possible?

I also had this problem, so I tried to switch over to Paypal, which I have used successfully for a long time now. Surprisingly that also refused my payment, so I deduced that actually my bank is responsible; they've put some kind of limit on my credit card (not the usual ATM/POS usage limit, I had those easily over my pledge amount).

In the end I paid through Paypal in 4 parts: half my pack cost + half my pack cost + addon1 + addon2. Based on the official "What's next?" forum post I hope Obsidian will process my payments correctly. :geek:

Endure. In enduring grow strong.

You might try to buy pre-paid card, and pay with. Credit cards often often demand CVV code which amazon doesn't support.

You might try to buy pre-paid card, and pay with. Credit cards often often demand CVV code which amazon doesn't support.

So that's why it wouldn't work for me, my card has a cvv code. What tools.

Do what I did and go with Paypal and let Amazon kiss your tush. Amazon doesn't want,your money, Paypal does.

Not sure how to answer this....my cards never had a problem on Amazon and my pledge has gone through flawlessly. I'm guessing it's more an issue with the bank or credit union from which you got the card. The whole verification thing every time you use the card sounds like a bank or credit union giving Amazon a hard time every time they need to collect a payment.

My advice: do your donation through paypal if you can and then contact your bank or credit union to find out what the problem is exactly.

1zq6793.jpg

Not sure how to answer this....my cards never had a problem on Amazon and my pledge has gone through flawlessly. I'm guessing it's more an issue with the bank or credit union from which you got the card. The whole verification thing every time you use the card sounds like a bank or credit union giving Amazon a hard time every time they need to collect a payment.

My advice: do your donation through paypal if you can and then contact your bank or credit union to find out what the problem is exactly.

Sound advice. Never had a problem with Amazon in those 8 years I've been shopping there. Only once did I fail to notice that it was using an expired credit card (because it doesn't automatically "retire" saved cards that are past their expiry date). I had to give up shopping in a few places in Europe for a while though, because the online stores of GoG and Gamersgate didn't like neither my Mastercard nor my Visa card, asking "funny" questions about stuff I never had to set up for my cards (doing logins within logins to my online banking system), so I didn't buy anything there for the longest of time until biting the bullet and shop through PayPal (makes ward off evil sign).

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein