Welcome to Obsidian Forum Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Aumaua Race - Expectations and speculations

Aumaua Race

• Please log in to reply
82 replies to this topic

Poll: Aumaua (190 member(s) have cast votes)

What do you expect Aumaua should be like ?

1. Barberian-Monster like (orc, half-orc, ogre, Half-ogre, Troll etc) (8 votes [4.21%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 4.21%

2. Reptile like (Lizard-man, Snake-man) (31 votes [16.32%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 16.32%

3. Aquatic-Humanoid (amphibian, fish, squid - like ) (37 votes [19.47%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 19.47%

4. Human-like but diffrent (Qunari, Giant-like) (55 votes [28.95%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 28.95%

5. More animalistic like (Centaur, Minotaur, Wolfmans) (37 votes [19.47%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 19.47%

6. Other Ideas (Tell what) (11 votes [5.79%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 5.79%

7. I dont care, Don't have opinion (11 votes [5.79%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 5.79%

What do you think about "Aumaua" name for this race ?

1. It's Perfect i whant that race be named that. (24 votes [12.63%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 12.63%

2. It's strange name but i like it. (81 votes [42.63%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 42.63%

3. I don't care about this name. (50 votes [26.32%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 26.32%

4. I don't like it but even if they don't rename it i will survive. (25 votes [13.16%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 13.16%

5. I don't like it they should rename this race. (8 votes [4.21%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 4.21%

6. I HATE it the worst possible name :/. If they don't rename it i will now play this race. (2 votes [1.05%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 1.05%

What features should this race have ? (Examples)

1. Strong men, warriors, barbaric attitude (44 votes [11.17%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 11.17%

2. Large thieving skills, smart. (17 votes [4.31%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 4.31%

3. Large magic skills (35 votes [8.88%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 8.88%

4. some kind of moral code (samurai, knight, philosophical, etc.) (84 votes [21.32%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 21.32%

5. focused on the invasion and robberies like Vikings or pirates (28 votes [7.11%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 7.11%

6. calm, peaceful coexistence oriented (50 votes [12.69%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 12.69%

7. Skilful diplomats, traders (40 votes [10.15%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 10.15%

8. cynical, irreligious (49 votes [12.44%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 12.44%

9. Religious, fanatical (26 votes [6.60%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 6.60%

10. Otheer ideas (Say what) (21 votes [5.33%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 5.33%

Vote Guests cannot vote

JFSOCC

JFSOCC

Mentor & Student of the Obsidian Order

• Members
  • 2255 posts
  • Pillars of Eternity Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
I don't particularly care to give an entire species one trait that isn't physical. If we have the full spectrum of human existence in mankind, I expect to see it in Aumaua-kind too.

Regenshire

Regenshire

Knight Bailli of the Obsidian Order

• Members
  • 45 posts
  • Pillars of Eternity Silver Backer
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer
I would like to see an animalistic/giant like race, physically similar to a bear in stature and silhouette. A large and physically powerful race with limited natural predators and a particular preference for seafood, Aumaua tend to prefer living in peaceful fishing settlements along the coasts and rivers. While nonaggressive, and outwardly calm and peaceful, they are also a very stubborn and willful race who when pressed will aggressively defend their homes. They predominantly a simple people who focus on family and community, with limited ambition. They are known for their common sense. Basically an animistic take on gentle giants.

Edited by Regenshire, 29 October 2012 - 09:35 AM.

Cryticus

Cryticus

(3) Conjurer

• Members
  • 119 posts
I would like to see, a squid /humanoid, race but maybe not the ilithid like, this was done to death and Ilthid themselves are just small wingless cthulu, maybe give them beak like face, with tentacle hair, and long squid hands? about trait, I don't want a whole race to have one trait, I am okay with main culture that shows something they value but is not universal, also I don't like warrior culture, and evil race of pure evil, what I would love to see is philosophy that is alien but understandable after giving it a look, and that is just expy of asian philosophy, quinari in Dragon age, at least in first one I don't know about second pull it quite well, and name it is just a name, I would also like to have lizardmen race, something similar to warrans in Arcanum , but here i am a little scepticall

All that said it dousn't matter to me that much , I just hope it will not just be something that is human with animal head and a gimick , this main problem with all beast races in all game .
To make it short, if this will be beast race, give them human face, with animal elements, maybe something like silurians in nuWho , do not make them klingons aka race that is basicly one thing and theri whole life goes around this one thing. Take diffrent cultures and mix them, you have a aquatic race that lives near coast mix three sea farring races, and from every one of culture take one thing, if it will be properly mixed it will be much more interesting than just proud warrior race .Also please no sparkly race, aka not half elementals, no half fey, godlike are okay but one race like that is enough I never liked genasi, in D&D because i feel they should have much more interesting way of thinking than just humans but with fance burning hair.

But the most important thing do the thing that you as game developers and story creators feel will work the best, nobody truly understand story like it creator,

Edited by Cryticus, 29 October 2012 - 10:58 AM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Aumaua, Race

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users