Who will be next companions ?/ Your expectations for the next companion

Next companions  

114 members have voted

1. 1. Which race should be the next companions ? (multi answer)

• Human
    • Dwarven
    • Elven
    • Orlan
    • Godlike
    • Aumaua
    • Other/ not playable race ( What race ?)
  2. 2. Which class should be the next companion ?(multi Answer)

• Cipher/Wizard
    • Rogue
    • Ranger
    • Priest
    • Paladin
    • Monk
    • Fighter
    • Druid
    • Chanter
    • Barbarian

Godlike, and Cipher or Chanter for me!

But ofc I'll be happy with anything they cook up, as long as it's creative and hopefully even challenging. Which I'm fairly certain it will be!

Personally I like my PC to be a glass cannon and/or support in D&D-style games, so while a more melee-style class might seem a more logical choice for me, we already have a Fighter, Monk, and Ranger confirmed as companions, and those are pretty physical/melee-y.

Also, since the devs informed us that they fully want to support those of us who wish to be, say, a wizard in full platemail or a caster who melees... well... yum!

those characters we know are all companions ? I thought the swordsman guy plays an important role for the story and companions are completely optional... so doesn't that somehow... interfere ? and why does the monk look like david carradine from kung-fu ? XD ...

aaaand back on topic. I'd like a cipher companion.

Edit: ...and I hope the dwarfen ranger will be a companion. she looks cool!

Edited by Kitan

It doesn't look like there are any rogues in the current lineup, and I think that's a class that should be represented among the eight companions.

I wouldn't mind seeing a druid represented either - and that would be particularly the case if wizards aren't healers. I'm usually more of an "It's about the character!" person, but I do thik it's a good idea to have multiple representatives of major combat roles so that players who dislike or feel their character would disapprove of one healer have another option available beyond heading to the Adventurer's Hall.

I'd go with with a female elf priest. Just because they usually so annoying... We need those annoying one

Edited by Eldmore

I will bravely raise my sword against anything to protect whoever I choose to serve.

i voted them all, cause i dont mind at all.

The words freedom and liberty, are diminishing the true meaning of the abstract concept they try to explain. The true nature of freedom is such, that the human mind is unable to comprehend it, so we make a cage and name it freedom in order to give a tangible meaning to what we dont understand, just as our ancestors made gods like Thor or Zeus to explain thunder.

-Teknoman2-

What? You thought it was a quote from some well known wise guy from the past?

Stupidity leads to willful ignorance - willful ignorance leads to hope - hope leads to sex - and that is how a new generation of fools is born!

We are hardcore role players... When we go to bed with a girl, we roll a D20 to see if we hit the target and a D6 to see how much penetration damage we did.

Modern democracy is: the sheep voting for which dog will be the shepherd's right hand.

I voted for Godlike Chanter. I would love nothing more than to see a Celestial/Godlike blow up an enemy's head with nothimg more than a divine word or sound.

Then again, perhaps a character like the mute girl in PST, but the difference being if she does talk, you die.

Edited by Nixl