Who will be next companions ?/ Your expectations for the next companion

Next companions  

114 members have voted

1. 1. Which race should be the next companions ? (multi answer)

• Human
    • Dwarven
    • Elven
    • Orlan
    • Godlike
    • Aumaua
    • Other/ not playable race ( What race ?)
  2. 2. Which class should be the next companion ?(multi Answer)

• Cipher/Wizard
    • Rogue
    • Ranger
    • Priest
    • Paladin
    • Monk
    • Fighter
    • Druid
    • Chanter
    • Barbarian

Like above whats Your expectations for the next companion ? You want dwarven warrior ? Orlan Rouge ?

We have alrady 5 companions there will be 8 ... what races, classes they should be .... share with us your ideas on these 3 companions

Edited by ArchBeast

I'd like a support type companion, maybe a bit altruistic, but also a frequent greater good sort of person. Not Anders like, but more along the lines of Arcade Gannon. I don't care about gender or orientation, but I'm a fan of both Arcade from F:NV and Xan, you know, sorta pessimistic, but doing what they can. Without all the resentment and possessed-ness that Anders had.

Aumaua Barbarian (becouse i still hope that this race will be some kinf of orc, ogr or something), if this race is somekind of BIG humans like qunari it fits well to, if it's lizard/animalistic race then it fitts to ...

Also having some undead, half-demon, half-dragon companion will be awsome ....

Edited by ArchBeast

Really want to see what the concept for the Godlike are visually, though I think this might be a bit tricky to pull off just showing us a single Godlike companion if they are as varied as the planetouched from D&D. Also definitely want to see a chanter, paladin, and cipher as companion choices - though no particular preference towards any of them being Godlike ;)

"If we are alone in the universe, it sure seems like an awful waste of space"

Really want to see what the concept for the Godlike are visually, though I think this might be a bit tricky to pull off just showing us a single Godlike companion if they are as varied as the planetouched from D&D. Also definitely want to see a chanter, paladin, and cipher as companion choices - though no particular preference towards any of them being Godlike ;)

A i "DON"T whant to see godlike if they where "Planetouched". Expecially genasi was weirdest thin that i ever saw with the "Burning hair" .... I don't know haw some human can be impragneted by "Fire Elemental" ... it's just dump ...

If god's of Eternity will be more like Grek or Norse gods than "Godlike" has same sense but not like mix of grek gods and chirtian angels and demons we see in D&D ....

An idea of having demonic grandpa or angelic granny is to much for me .....

Along with these modes, we also want to introduce the Godlike races. These folks have been described previously as being similar to the humanoid "planetouched" in D&D: aasimar, tieflings, and genasi. That is a good high-level description of them, but they are viewed differently by various factions, faiths, and cultures in the world of Project Eternity. Godlike were "blessed" before birth by one or more of the meddling deities of this world. Though their appearances vary, they are unmistakeably otherworldly when anyone gets a clear look at them. Sometimes, the reaction they get is overwhelmingly positive. Many times, the reaction is overwhelmingly not. For better or worse, the physical "gifts" that mark them as Godlike always come with supernatural blessings (and curses) of their own.

Your comment about the genasi is actually one of the reasons that I do want to see an example or two of what the concept for them is visually :) But yes, based on the description, I think they are more like the greek/norse semi-divinities, while still having definite and distinct visual cues as to their origins as well.

Your comment about the genasi is actually one of the reasons that I do want to see an example or two of what the concept for them is visually :) But yes, based on the description, I think they are more like the greek/norse semi-divinities, while still having definite and distinct visual cues as to their origins as well.

Yeh, i hope so but "while still having definite and distinct visual cues as to their origins as well" I don't know if i understand you.... you mean that they will look diffrent then humans ?

Achilles, Hercules haven't. I personaly think that ony difrences can be blond/silver heir glowing eyes etc. NO TAILS, NO Animal like heads.....

I some cases i can survave WINGS but i whoud prefer much more like Achilles fron troy godlike then some kinda angel bastard ....

I meant that based on the description there, they seem to have open the possibility for just divinely "touched" demigods without the actual literal issues of a fire elemental/human impregnation attempt - though they would still retain in some way the distinctive appearance of the planetouched, though I hope in a wide variety of different ways, not ALL (or even most) of them extreme like wings and tails but still leaving those open as possible (totally with you on the burning hair though :p)

Edit: example of ways that they could be set off physically without being 'fiendish/angelic' would include things like (in the case of otherwise human) abnormal skin tone/hue, green blood, no pupils/iris, etc. - distinct without having to be animalistic or freakishly large appendages.

Edited by RaccoonTOF

I want a godlike of indeterminate class named Edward who sparkles when walking into sunlight. :yucky:

Seriously though, I'll be happy to wait and see. Since I normally play rogues with the occassional wizard thrown in, I'd appreciate it if the other companions aren't all rogues or soft targets.

• Like 1

One thing that kind of concerns me is the 'Adventurers Hall' thing is going to keep Obsidian from making truly weird and unusual. No Miraluka/Sith Lords/Wizards who are on fire/floating sculls likely this time. Or not. Maybe they need to be to make up for the fact the NPC companions will not be customizable.

So I guess what I hope to see is 'none of the above. Surprise me.'

From a utility and character POV I liked the elf dude from BG1. He was a great archer / support guy, in fact he was almost too good.

I also like the idea of a paladin who struggles a bit with the whole being disciplined schtick and is a touch seedy. Maybe drunk all the time. Anything but stoic and / or overly righteous.

• Like 1

sonsofgygax.JPG

Like above whats Your expectations for the next companion ? You want dwarven warrior ? Orlan Rouge ?

We have alrady 5 companions there will be 8 ... what races, classes they should be .... share with us your ideas on these 3 companions

We have five? I thought they already said that the characters in the concept art weren't all necessarily companions, just that they were important to the story.

Regardless, I don't really care what class/race the companions are, just so long as there is enough of a cross section overall to help me get into the dynamics of the the cultures and races of the world, and enough variety mechanically that I can have distinct game play experiences on multiple playthroughs

Obviously I would like, over all, a well balanced selection, so that I will have an extensive use for all Companions on differing play-throughs. Nothing is more annoying than playing a Thief, only to discover there are 20 million and 5 Thief companions available to you and only 1 Healer or Wizard.

That being said, I would love to see some concept art of the Godlike, and I certainly hope we receive one as a companion.