What do you plan to use as your starting character?

Thinking a bit more about this, I'd really like it if they had a backstory sort of thing. Background traits were a nice touch in Storm of Zehir, and the quiz for morrowind class selection was pretty cool too. Some mix of that - maybe just a text adventure scenario that gives you certain bonuses/penalties with maybe a couple of story hooks later on would add a good bit for me, I think.

• Like 1

Godlike Cipher as of now, it'll be interesting to see what they look like. But I tend to come up with at least five different concepts before a game comes out, and then use none of them and spend another few hours on the creation screen.

Edited by Lulla-Isra

I personally find the God-Like races boring. I'll most likely be playing an Aumaua, originally I thought for certain I'd be playing a Cipher, but starting NwN 2 back over, I don't think that'll be the case. I enjoy sneaking, lock picking, placing traps, and other stealthy things way too much. So, i'll most likely end up playing a rogue. I figure the Cipher will most likely be an available companion, so i'll be able to check the class out that way.

Obsidian ‏@Obsidian Current PayPal status: $140,000. 2,200 backers

"Hmm so last Paypal information was 140,000 putting us at 4,126,929. We did well over and beyond 4 million, and still have an old backer number from Paypal. 76,186 backers. It's very possible that we have over 75,000 backers if I had new Paypal information. Which means we may have 15 Mega dungeon levels, and we already are going to have an amazing game + cats (I swear I will go stir crazy if Adam doesn't own up to the cats thing :p)."

Switching to Paypal means that more of your money will go towards Project Eternity. (The more you know.)

Paypal charges .30 cents per transaction and 2.2% for anything over 100,000 per month for U.S currency. Other currency is different, ranging from anywhere between 2.2-4.9%.

Kick Starter is a fixed 5% charge at the end.

Depends, if persuation/speech/diplomacy type skills are class-locked I will go with the class that has access to those skills (likely to be rogue... it is always rogue). If those skills are open to all classes I will go for a cleric with the race that makes the most sense.

"How was I supposed to know it was that stone that held the dragons at bay... I mean it just stood there looking dull anyway"

I want to play a bard and barbarian multiclass, the bardbarian. (Well, I guess in this game it will be a chanter and barbarian multiclass, but that doesn't sound as good.)

In all actuality, I will probably play either a wizard or a rogue.

A barbarian-Chanter multiclass? A Barb-er then? :p

"How was I supposed to know it was that stone that held the dragons at bay... I mean it just stood there looking dull anyway"

Human rogue.

Regardless of game, I almost always play it through as a rogue first. The play style appeals to me though I will admit the competition from the Cipher and Chanter are fairly fierce, and they came very close to being selected.

Wizard. I love the 'Burning Arcane Artillery Barrage Cannon of Death' playstyle. However, if it's not going to be so great in P:E, I will probably make a fighter

For the race, It's definitely going to be human. I rarely play non-humans on my first playthroughs of RPGs.

I haven't actually seen any detailed information on 'all the races' but barbarian will probably be my first. If i get the ability to mix classes it'll be Barbarian/Cipher. Beyond that I'll make a druid, try to make a necromancer. That's... basically the 3 main things I enjoy right there. If I can make the mage, priest or cipher into a demonic oriented like warlock that will also happen at some point.

Def Con: kills owls dead

Female Rogue - as always :D

18hg6f.jpg?t=1350556308

The shadow in the corner of your eye. The cold steel pressed to your throat.

The beautiful vision that may be your last.

Do not breath, for the Petite Death has your Soul in her hand.

If not all races or classes have been revealed/set in stone what's the point of making such a declaration? I could just say I'll be a cyborg asteroid farmer at this point.

My preference is for roguish classes, at any rate.

A bard-barbarian is a Skald.

A proper warrior-poet class would be awesome.

Is either of those a race?

Edited by AGX-17
  • Like 1

Monk sworn to vows of poverty, silence and non violence. Don't know about race/species, anything not elf really.

Quite an experience to live in misery isn't it? That's what it is to be married with children.

I've seen things you people can't even imagine. Pearly Kings glittering on the Elephant and Castle, Morris Men dancing 'til the last light of midsummer. I watched Druid fires burning in the ruins of Stonehenge, and Yorkshiremen gurning for prizes. All these things will be lost in time, like alopecia on a skinhead. Time for tiffin.

Tea for the teapot!

Monk sworn to vows of poverty, silence and non violence. Don't know about race/species, anything not elf really.

Oh come on, I've already played that card more than once in the monk thread. Not that it's an invalid position, as it is one I share, but we exhausted that argument in the aforementioned.... Monk Thread.

A bard-barbarian is a Skald.

A proper warrior-poet class would be awesome.

I would rather have skalds, or a general warrior-poet class, than paladins or monks in this game.

A barbarian-Chanter multiclass? A Barb-er then? :p

Yes. The character will be able to give an enemy a bad haircut. Thus penalizing charisma and the associated skills.

Edited by HeedlessHorseman

Possibly a monk. We don't know yet how similar PE monks will be to their D&D counterparts, but if they can excel at unarmed and unarmored combat then it is the class I'm most excited about and would play it first. Otherwise, I'd go for a cipher.

I intent to try all the races eventually, but I think I'll just start with human.