What do you plan to use as your starting character?

I think I'll wait for them to release more lore before committing to any specific race, but I'm definitely going to play as a Cipher.

One recent survey by a Washington-based researcher concluded that Americans were far more willing to participate in cannibalism then they have in the past hundred years. America is a nation that will not suffer abominations lightly.

I'm going play a character I've played in many games, mostly cRPGs but also a couple of table-top games. His name is Talvin and he's human. I usually play him as bard or rakish duelist. If there's an option for chanter with a good melee sub-class I'll play him as that. Otherwise, I'll play him as a rogue, or possible a finesse fighter.

Monk or mage type magic user will probably be first. Hard to say without knowing more.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

I'll probably make a Human first, but . . . class? Eh, it's a toss up between Cipher and Wizard. Whichever one I don't make will be down the line, along with the Priest. I don't tend to make characters outside of Humans in RPGs unless the other races are truly well done. If it's an elf/dwarf/other traditional fantasy race I never touch them no matter how well done, because they're always just Humans with an Elf or Dwarf or whatever skin over. So if I do a race besides Humans it'll be because one of the original races caught my eye, hopefully they don't come off as Humans in a different skin.

It's not just the visuals. if, culturally/socially/etc, they come off as a Human in a 'whatever' suit I'll likely just skip them. If I want to play a Human, I'll play a Human, which is what I typically get stuck playing. I shouldn't be thinking when playing an Elf or even an original race of things like, "This is awful similar to actual Human culture X."

"Step away! She has brought truth and you condemn it? The arrogance!

You will not harm her, you will not harm her ever again!"

Until I RTFM I couldn't say, but likely anything that lets me be whirling twirling blades of death or a whirlwind of fists, feet, elbows knees etc

Depending on how multiclassing's implemented (if at all), a probably a F/M/T.

Dual scimitars? Why yes, but only because Drizzt had the best weapons available early on...

Well, personally I am hoping one of the options for picking a class on the new game screen is...

post-46225-0-35532800-1350633950_thumb.jpg

:w00t:

Fere libenter homines id quod volunt credunt. - Julius Caesar

:facepalm: #define TRUE (!FALSE)

I ran across an article where the above statement was found in a release tarball. LOL! Who does something like this? Predictably, this oddity was found when the article's author tried to build said tarball and the compiler promptly went into cardiac arrest. If you're not a developer, imagine telling someone the literal meaning of up is "not down". Such nonsense makes computers, and developers... angry.

Most likely a Godlike (though I wish they had chosen a different name for the same concept :p) Cipherdin who is NOT "religious" but still a zealot (possibly even going so far as to be deliberately anti-whatever-deity-he-was-touched-by) going through with Trial of Iron enabled (assuming that it can be enabled from the start without any sort of "unlock" mechanism as I assume and hope for...)

"If we are alone in the universe, it sure seems like an awful waste of space"

I tend to start every RPG I play as a human paladin or a fighter. In other playthroughs I would choose rogues and wizards and the like.

Agreed. A fighter usually has the easiest build and playing style and we can learn how to exactly play the game first.

I usually make some kind of melee character since I've never liked vancian magic, or in general not wanting my character to be the support. If the magic system in this game is more interesting than usual, I might break out of my mold and make some kind of spellcaster. Otherwise I'll probably go for some suave, agility-based fighter. Godlike Fighter or Rogue, maybe. Or monk, because they are awesome.

Make sense, not war.