Updated Endless Paths Picture?

What its a fetish, don't judge.

You are female, right? Because that statue is of a male creature... >_<

What does his/her gender have to do with foot fetishism? :huh:

I'd love to see the updated picture, but it's understandable that they want to take a break after their successful Kickstarter and wild celebration. It's been a crazy month, they should focus on planning the game development now - giving us more concept art can wait.

We know we have them, and I'm not against the pictures being updated but . . . if they don't update them I'll go on living, I doubt I'll even blink an eyelid.

Someone suggested to make a poster out of it and put it in the Obisidian Shop (when it will be opened), and they said it was a cool idea.

I'd like the idea too. I don't know if I'll buy though, since the shipping cost would be a bit too much for me.

Because I have it too, but I'm surely not looking forward to see the statue's feet :no:

Though it was mostly a ploy to discover if JayDGee is a guy or a girl.

Because I have it too, but I'm surely not looking forward to see the statue's feet :no:

Of course, JayDGee might have been using the non-erotic definition of fetish. Maybe the giant, underground statue is their character's deity. Heck, maybe that is what happened to Eothas. Or maybe the whole construction was an attempt to create some dark god using the souls of thousands of unsuspecting workers.

• Like 1

Or maybe the whole construction was an attempt to create some dark god using the souls of thousands of unsuspecting workers.

Love this idea...might have to spring that on my players the next time I run a typical high-fantasy game where 'belief' can cause reality...

"If we are alone in the universe, it sure seems like an awful waste of space"

Sounds deligtfully perilous! I was thinking of how it would be neat to have the "reality-ness" of the dungeon become more and more threadbare as the party ventures deeper, but in the context of project eternity. A DM could make it really personal for the party though on a whole different level.

Of course, JayDGee might have been using the non-erotic definition of fetish. Maybe the giant, underground statue is their character's deity. Heck, maybe that is what happened to Eothas. Or maybe the whole construction was an attempt to create some dark god using the souls of thousands of unsuspecting workers.

A conversation that could never have happened before the internet.

Although clearly I have lustful feeling towards giant statues feet regardless of their gender (see Statue of Liberty and Colossus of Rhodes )and this is due to me regarding them with awe as the embodiment of a potent spirit.

Nothing sexier than a giant foot empowered by magic.

None of this is really happening. There is a man. With a typewriter. This is all part of his crazy imagination. 

Mmm... the KS is over. Why are we asking the artist to work on something that no longer matters? It looks fine just as it is. We can use our imaginations instead... :)

Edited by rjshae
  • Like 1

"It has just been discovered that research causes cancer in rats."

They probably want the next update to be fairly substantive (videos, etc). They probably should fiddle a bit with the Project Eternity site as well (a lore section, a gameplay section, etc etc).

I would like an update like that for the game, but please keep the Paths out of videos and screenshots at least. I want them to be a surprise.

They probably want the next update to be fairly substantive (videos, etc). They probably should fiddle a bit with the Project Eternity site as well (a lore section, a gameplay section, etc etc).

We should give them time and let them focus on the game development, not on updates, demos, videos and stuff like that. They are an indipendent company, let's not force them to apply some bad practices of the mainstream industry.

http://penny-arcade.com/patv/episode/working-conditions

Don't worry, they said the updated picture will come and that they will also publish the intermediate pictures. I have never developed a game nor ran a Kickstarter campaign but I can imagine that this is not their first priority. Everything will come in due time. For now take pleasure in seeing the unfinished picture because this will be the last update of it.

Feargus will talk to Rob about it tomorrow:

"@Feargus

When will the dungeon graphic be updated?"

"@Aname I am going to talk to Rob in the morning. He needed a good solid couple days to recover, from being under the gun on the art and from the vodka. :) -Feargus" - From Kickstarter comments.

Edited by Freshock

A conversation that could never have happened before the internet.

Although clearly I have lustful feeling towards giant statues feet regardless of their gender (see Statue of Liberty and Colossus of Rhodes )and this is due to me regarding them with awe as the embodiment of a potent spirit.

Nothing sexier than a giant foot empowered by magic.

And... are those... penises I see wriggling on it's feet? Disgusting.

I just hope that the images are reasonably representative of the actual dungeon. At least that the giant statue is there.

After all, the artist for the image may not be involved in the actual level design.

Also, I hope the last level ends with a rock fall, so that it is clear that the dungeon continues. If the modding possibility becomes a reality, I could easily see a community project being created that strings together top-quality community created dungeon levels into a coherent sequence. Make the "Endless Paths" literally endless.