Multi culture big city

We will see a multi culture big city in PE? In BG in main cities main residents were humans mostly. In PE we could have 1 big city normal with uhmans and 2nd big city a multi culture where different races live, humans, elfs , drows, dwarfs, etc etc.

Gah, wrong post. >:|

There are several other threads about the big city(s), though. You should read those for a ton of ideas already. (Just do a search, they should show up.)

Edited by Ieo

The KS Collector's Edition does not include the Collector's Book.

Which game hook brought you to Project Eternity and interests you the most?

PE will not have co-op/multiplayer, console, or tablet support (sources): [0] [1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7]

Write your own romance mods because there won't be any in PE.

"But what is an evil? Is it like water or like a hedgehog or night or lumpy?" -(Digger)

"Most o' you wanderers are but a quarter moon away from lunacy at the best o' times." -Alvanhendar (Baldur's Gate 1)

We will see a multi culture big city in PE? In BG in main cities main residents were humans mostly. In PE we could have 1 big city normal with uhmans and 2nd big city a multi culture where different races live, humans, elfs , drows, dwarfs, etc etc.

What are uhmans? And it's elves and dwarves. :geek:

The only thing I'm disappointed in PE, is that they decided to include elves and dwarves. I mean.. seriously. It's 2012.. WAY too late for those two races.

I'd rather have two cities mainly populated by humans, as long as the writing and content is consistent and natural. A politically correct utopia of interracial harmony just sounds wrong.

The only thing I'm disappointed in PE, is that they decided to include elves and dwarves. I mean.. seriously. It's 2012.. WAY too late for those two races.

I'd rather have two cities mainly populated by humans, as long as the writing and content is consistent and natural. A politically correct utopia of interracial harmony just sounds wrong.

It is perfectly possible to implement a big city of multi-racial nature without it being such an unrealistic situation. Skyrim touched on it (poorly in my opinion) with the dark elf quarter in that one city. More likely, there is some hierarchy wheren elves and humans have dynasties or something similair - after all, the main empire is, iirc, an amalgam of an elvan kingdom and a human one. Dwarves and certain sub-races would likely get the short end of the stick - I just hope it is a bit less segregated than Dragon Age: Origins or Skyrim.

I don't recall there being too many multicultural cities in medieval Europe. Perhaps Constantinople? It seems like a modern concept; people just didn't travel all that much back then. What would you use as a model?

"It has just been discovered that research causes cancer in rats."

I can't think of many in reality, but I can think of a few in fantasy. After all, magic and gods would likely make adventures and such more likely - and it IS a dual race empire in the setting. As an empire, it has probably incorporated some lesser settlements into itself and integrated some populations of the local populace. Porbably some imperial garrisons and locals, which over generations become blurred. That or a thieve's city wherein races is second to skills. Ankh-Morpork is something I'd consider both multi-cultural and not entirely equal.

How about a city deep in the woodlands with a predominantly Elven population with a large human minority. Think of Silverymoon. The Orlan and Dwarves are tolerated because they don't make much trouble. The first major city is likely to be a human-dominant city so I reckon it'd be nice to have the second great city not be dominated by one of the human factions. I would at least hope the second city would be from a different culture than the first.

I may be alone here in saying this, but I would be ok with the second great city being a Drow-centric city in the Underdark.