[Merged] Women, Feminism, etc. in PE

Feminism thread merged with women thread, both of course open for discussion.

Edit: Actually, I screwed that up, so let me fix...

this is such a tiresome topic once you've read a thousand other threads just like it...

WE GET IT, IT'S BEEN GOT!

NO BOOB PLATE; FAT WOMEN AND UGLY WOMEN SHOULD BE INCLUDED OR IT'S NOT "PC".

Who cares about "PC"? Now realism, on the other hand...

"Well, overkill is my middle name. And my last name. And all of my other names as well!"

it's fantasy guys...not even real life is all that serious unless you make it so.

are people really so invested in this? because I've seen these types of threads all over rpg boards, particularly the BSN-a greater hive of scum and villainy I haven't yet heard of (save for 4chan)

and besides, BG had fatties(male and female) in abundance...NWN even allowed you to MAKE your own fat AND ugly character.

I honestly think people who focus this much on the appearance of their characters should probably play the SIMS or some kind of dating simulator (DA3 is coming out next years guys)...

P:E is about story and old style, non-button mashing gameplay; can't we just be happy with that?

Right, all fixed.

I will also remind everyone that discussing why each other's arguments are wrong is fine, but calling out 'trolls' quickly ends up being more damaging to conversation than actual trolls. Don't blow your tops.

Obsidian has not let me down as far as ladies go in games - Kaelyn the Dove is one of my favorite characters of all time, same with Safiya and Neeshka and pretty much any other female character they've made. I have no doubt that they will provide new women for me to swoon over and admire.

As far as having a female player character - I don't want to crush the patriarchy in a video game, I don't want my lady characters to have to overcome sexism, I don't want my character's gender to be a major point of contention, I want every NPC to not care because excuse me I am saving the world for you people why would my gender identity matter at all

• Like 2

this is such a tiresome topic once you've read a thousand other threads just like it...

Realism ye say good sir?

a lady prancing around the countryside packing full plate will be many things...FAT would not be one of them.

I will also remind everyone that discussing why each other's arguments are wrong is fine, but calling out 'trolls' quickly ends up being more damaging to conversation than actual trolls. Don't blow your tops.

Well, I don't mind more people joining the discussion, but this looks like trolling to me:

Will we see some feminist characters in PE? I think it would be fun to have some things as our real world have. Like feminist NPCs and how they would proclaim that even they are elfs they don't have to look beautiful or they don't want to be an objectification tool by other elfs etc.

But, to make another attempt at serious talk: That would be an easter egg, maybe, but not a feature the game should have, though of course gender issues might make nice foundations for quests. But not in such a trivial manner.

"Was du nicht kennst, das, meinst du, soll nicht gelten? Du meinst, daß Phantasie nicht wirklich sei?

Aus ihr allein erwachsen künft'ge Welten: In dem, was wir erschaffen, sind wir frei."

- Michael Ende, Das Gauklermärchen

Realism ye say good sir?

a lady prancing around the countryside packing full plate will be many things...FAT would not be one of them.

I was more addressing boob plate and the issue of having characters with realistic bodies. Being fat would come with lots of in- game penatlies. Ideally, it should be in the game, but I can see that not happening because of the limited resources.

Having all your female characters being thin as sticks, with bodies that scream "plastic surgery!" is simply not realistic. It's so simple to not do things that way, so why shouldn't they?

Get over it, this is a serious fantasy setting for adult audiences, not a bizarro universe for horny teenage boys. If you're so keen on the bra size of female NPCs, maybe you should go play some JRPG instead. Or why not a dating simulator.

• Like 2

"Well, overkill is my middle name. And my last name. And all of my other names as well!"

Beating the dead horse, don't worry about the subject Josh Sawyer is taking care of it.

We should discuss stuff like game mechanics and fun factors instead of trying to turn the game into a waifu simulator and a empty fight for women rights.

Get your priorities in the right place

Having all your female characters being thin as sticks, with bodies that scream "plastic surgery!" is simply not realistic. It's so simple to not do things that way, so why shouldn't they?

You are discussing with a, well, I won't judge him too quickly, but he might be related to creatures from nordic mythology... Boys will be boys.

We should discuss stuff like game mechanics and fun factors instead of trying to turn the game into a waifu simulator and a empty fight for women rights.

This is not about womens rights, Takamori. Its about realism and a believable world.

Edited by Chabneruk

"Was du nicht kennst, das, meinst du, soll nicht gelten? Du meinst, daß Phantasie nicht wirklich sei?

Aus ihr allein erwachsen künft'ge Welten: In dem, was wir erschaffen, sind wir frei."

- Michael Ende, Das Gauklermärchen

You *want* sexism so you can thwart it.

If that ain't fanservice I don't know what is.

You can't win - female warriors need to be challenging stereotypes by whupping male ass, attractive females *are* stereotypes and ugly wimmin are merely feeding the misogynistic women-as-the-other sociology bull****.

Why not lets have CRPG Baywatch, where every character is smokin' hot?

*sigh* Instead of "want" I rather should use words as "like", "wish", "hope" "would be nice to see", "carefully propose"

And I do not WANT sexism, I can do without it. I just think sexism is even today in our so-called modern and advanced society a severe problem and issue and also think that armor with boobs is a little more "realistic" in a medieval fantasy setting than that such a kind of world has overcome every gender-prejudice since the cavemen-era...it is just a little ridiculous that every fantasy-setting is so politically correct...

But I will admit, I actually don't really get your point, and blame it on the language-barrier and that its quite late around here...I should rather sleep than get involved in earth-shattering diiscussions like this...

Edited by Vox Draco
  • Like 1

Vox: The only verdict is vengeance; a vendetta, held as a votive, not in vain, for the value and veracity of such shall one day vindicate the vigilant and the virtuous. Verily, this vichyssoise of verbiage veers most verbose, so let me simply add that it is my very good honor to meet you and you may call me Vox

Are you ... like a crazy person?

Vox: I’m quite sure they will say so.

You are discussing with a, well, I won't judge him too quickly, but he might be related to creatures from nordic mythology... Boys will be boys.

This is not about womens rights, Takamori. Its about realism and a believable world.

Well sorry for that then, I'm kinda getting grumpy with the "romance and feminism" subject being over discussed and people not giving relevance to stuff like the game itself.

Regarding the realism, you need all kind of people in the world, thin, athletic , fat , ugly, beautiful and all the combinations that we are used to see on the real world.

Sorry for laughing at the people who doesn't want a ugly person in their party, but hell what is wrong with you, the human nature is made of imperfection, is pretentious to seek perfection when we are made of flaws.

If you are a good leader you need to get through all these differences, normally the game set you as the "party leader" nothing more natural to throw you these challenges.

Regarding sexism, you need to see how both are portrayed, how is the culture of X society, history , how they behave in their routine...So asking for a perfect humanist society in a game where you adventure find what the society can bring of worst, is kinda a unrealistic wish.

You can have one society thriving for those goal of course, but you need to deal with differences.

Edited by Takamori

Beating the dead horse, don't worry about the subject Josh Sawyer is taking care of it.

What do Waifu's have to do with this thread?

What do Waifu's have to do with this thread?

Not with this thread but belonging in the category of subjects that have been overly discussed already and got the answer.

I was more addressing boob plate and the issue of having characters with realistic bodies. Being fat would come with lots of in- game penatlies. Ideally, it should be in the game, but I can see that not happening because of the limited resources.

Get over it, this is a serious fantasy setting for adult audiences, not a bizarro universe for horny teenage boys. If you're so keen on the bra size of female NPCs, maybe you should go play some JRPG instead. Or why not a dating simulator.

lol what pathetic flamebait...

"jRPG's and horny teenage fantasy"

If you're worried about how things "look" so much maybe YOU should go to those boards and whine about "appropriate" body types since those AAA budgets will allow for such sheer stupidity. I'd rather things be just like they were in the IE games...none of this excessive customizing bullsh*t.

This f*cking gamer HERE (as in ME)? would rather resources be better spent on the actual GAME not a million different PC models and body types.

Have ANY of you people played or remember the IE games AT ALL? No physical adjustments what-so-ever (except for TOEE which let you become taller) and they were a 100 times better than the BS you see today with all these ridiculous make-up and tattoo options and height/weight adjustment BS.

you want that crap? go play skyrim.

Well sorry for that then, I'm kinda getting grumpy with the "romance and feminism" subject being over discussed and people not giving relevance to stuff like the game itself.

Romance and feminism are two very different topics. It's hardly only women who are asking for "romances" in games. Feminism is a sociopolitical construct relevant to in-game politics only if Obsidian deems it so; realism is a different topic altogether as well.

The KS Collector's Edition does not include the Collector's Book.

Which game hook brought you to Project Eternity and interests you the most?

PE will not have co-op/multiplayer, console, or tablet support (sources): [0] [1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7]

Write your own romance mods because there won't be any in PE.

"But what is an evil? Is it like water or like a hedgehog or night or lumpy?" -(Digger)

"Most o' you wanderers are but a quarter moon away from lunacy at the best o' times." -Alvanhendar (Baldur's Gate 1)