Favorite Game and Which game do you hope Project Eternity is most like?

Games  

267 members have voted

1. 1. Favorite Games ?(multi answer)

• BG1/BG2
    • NWN/NWN2/NWN MoB stc
    • Icewind dale/ Icewind dale 2
    • Vampire Maquarade Bloodlines
    • Planescape: Torment
    • Witcher/ Witcher 2
    • Gothic 1/2/Nigh of the raven/3
    • TES (Skyrim Morrorwind)
    • Dragon Age orgins/2
    • Other (Final Fantasy 7/8, Spellforce/Warcraft/ Mass Effect1/2/3, Risenetc)
  2. 2. Which game do you hope Project Eternity is most like? (multi answer)

• BG1/BG2
    • NWN/NWN2/NWN MoB stc
    • Icewind dale/ Icewind dale 2
    • Vampire Maquarade Bloodlines
    • Witcher/ Witcher 2
    • Gothic 1/2/Nigh of the raven/3
    • TES (Skyrim Morrorwind)
    • Dragon Age orgins/2
    • Planescape: Torment
    • Other ( Say what)

No Fallouts in the poll? No Arcanum?

Fallout is not fantasy. Arcanum also don't fit the genre already announced.

No to experimentation!

No to fixing that is not broken!

No to changes for the sake of change!

Do not forget basis of Baldur's Gate, Icewind Dale and Planescape Torment. Just put all your effort to story, fine-tuning and quality control.

My favorite games from the poll are Planescape Torment and Bloodlines.

I wish Project Eternity will be similar to Baldur's Gate 2 story/characters with Torment dialogs/philosophy.

I think if you combine two games, it will look like Mask Of The Betrayer.

And I hope Project Eternity will be something like that.

(By the way, I didn't see Arcanum and Kotor 2 on the list.

Also I want to mention Icewind Dale 1-2, its landscape designs and musics were awesome)

• Like 1

What I'd like to have, would be DA:O like story and presentation with gameplay from ToEE. Or NWN with graphics update.

I'm not really hoping for that though since Eternity won't be anything of the sort.

I'll be happy as long as there's a good story and enjoyable gameplay, or even one of those.

Ugh... don't lump Skyrim together with Morrowind in the poll, please.

Morrowind is a masterpiece. The best open-world RPG ever made in my opinion. Skyrim is garbage in comparison. Between the stripped away RPG elements, hand-holding, increased emphasis on action, and ****ty voice acting instead of written dialogue, it might as well not be from the same series as Morrowind. It's more like a bad spinoff game than a real TES RPG.

• Like 5

Skyrim is much better than Oblivion, to say the least... though I prefer Morrowind as well. Skyrim really is too easy, in terms of handholding. The sense of exploration is much stronger in Morrowind. The "Strings of Mephala"-Quest for example was great, for example, because you did not even know it existed and sold relevant items early in the game, so it increased replay value. It was about the journey, not the reward :)

• Like 2

"Was du nicht kennst, das, meinst du, soll nicht gelten? Du meinst, daß Phantasie nicht wirklich sei?

Aus ihr allein erwachsen künft'ge Welten: In dem, was wir erschaffen, sind wir frei."

- Michael Ende, Das Gauklermärchen

Arcanum actually does fit the genre announced, albeit not to a tight resemblance. However, what you should consider, dear stranger, is that Arcanum fits more than Vampire the Masquerade Bloodlines. Eternity will be in a fantasy milieu but with guns, toilet paper, and the occasional sewer system; Arcanum had guns and a sewage system (might have had toilet paper too). Vampire the Masquerade Bloodlines was set in the modern world, not in a fantasy setting.

Since I liked Temple of Elemental Evil more than BG & IWD, I shan't be answering this poll? I also liked Arcanum, at least the written portions of it outside dialogue (you know, lore and documents) and also the music. I thought the music in ToEE and Arcanum was far superior to anything found in the IE engine games.

But that's really just my musical taste. Typically, I'd prefer Diamanda Galas to Suzanne Vega, even though I find Vega's music charming enough.

Edited by septembervirgin
  • Like 2

"This is what most people do not understand about Colbert and Silverman. They only mock fictional celebrities, celebrities who destroy their selfhood to unify with the wants of the people, celebrities who are transfixed by the evil hungers of the public. Feed us a Gomorrah built up of luminous dreams, we beg. Here it is, they say, and it looks like your steaming brains."

" If you've read Hart's Hope, Neveryona, Infinity Concerto, Tales of the Flat Earth, you've pretty much played Dragon Age."

Skyrim is much better than Oblivion, to say the least... though I prefer Morrowind as well. Skyrim really is too easy, in terms of handholding. The sense of exploration is much stronger in Morrowind. The "Strings of Mephala"-Quest for example was great, for example, because you did not even know it existed and sold relevant items early in the game, so it increased replay value. It was about the journey, not the reward :)

Morrowind is by far the best elder scrolls game. With that last overhaul they released a few weeks ago the graphics are even on near Oblivion level now as well. Well save the character models which still sort of stink.

yet another poll that presents a false choice or a loaded question (or even answer)

but I'll bite.

I would enjoy the feel of a Baldurs Gate game, that said I prefer it if Project Eternity doesn't use the other games as a crutch and finds it's own style.

As for my favourite game, I don't think I have a single favourite. Yes, Baldurs Gate II, but as much as I love RPG's I also play other games. Personally I really enjoyed Beyond Good and Evil, Riven and the other Myst games (save for Revelation), Bastion and Team Fortress 2, as well as the Thief Games. Knights of the Old republic II holds a special place in my heart. (liked it better than the first) I've been addicted to the first guild wars, not because it was a particularly good MMO, but because I enjoyed playing it with a group of friends. I've also spent a lot of time playing Warcraft II and III, and the first Commandos games.

I just play a lot of computer games. I do terribly miss the good old RPGs though.

• Like 1

Remember: Argue the point, not the person. Remain polite and constructive. Friendly forums have friendly debate. There's no shame in being wrong. If you don't have something to add, don't post for the sake of it. And don't be afraid to post thoughts you are uncertain about, that's what discussion is for.
---
Pet threads, everyone has them. I love imagining Gods, Monsters, Factions and Weapons.

Oblivion had some pretty horrendous flaws, like level-scaling, but with a ton of mods it's an alright game. I'm not sure if I can say the same about Skyrim. There's so much I dislike about that game that it would probably need to be modded beyond recognition to be redeemed.

Arcanum was the grat game, but i don't have palce for putting it to poll (if i had posibility there will be 23 answer possible) If anyone what ARCANUM please select OTHER Arcanum in my opinon is simullar BG, i whanted some other possibilitys ...mass effect, Dragonage, Vamparie masquarade alll difffrent games but still popular rpgs i i had place i whould also place diablo, tample of elemental evil etc. i onle put then becouse of popularity ..... i do't what enywon to be ofended ... if you favorite game is not included please select "OTHER" and say what this game is ....

Edited by ArchBeast

No Arcanum, bull**** poll.

As i sad ARCANUM is ORIGINAL game (like FF7, Warcraft in my opinion) ... so vote "OTHER" and say what and why ....I DON"T HAVE PLACE TO PUT EVERY POSSIBLE game on the planet, in my opinion arcanum players also whoud answer "BG" ... but if you want ARCANUM SO BADLY THEN SELECT OTHER .....

Genius ......

would be DA:O like story

????

DA:Os story was pretty damn lackluster. It was essentially a story about some people from an order of heroes fighting an ancient evil. Don't get me wrong, I liked DA:O, but the story was pretty much its weakest aspect.

• Like 1

For other I list Dragon Age: Origins (not 2!), Wasteland, Knights of Legend, Wizards Crown, Alternate Reality: The Dungeon and Pools of Darkness.

And I want PE to be most like a mix of Icewind Dale, Wasteland, Knights of Legend, Wizard's Crown and Pools of Darkness.

hmmm, missing in there are games where you get companions you recruit (well, Gold Box and Wasteland you somewhat do, but still) .... I guess that whole pre-written NPC companion thing isn't the draw for me.