I want to be a dragon

And I wouldn't mind dragons in the game, however I want them to be really powerful, and intelligent/wise. If they've been on the top of the food chain for a couple of thousand years, then they probably will look down upon the "lesser" races. Let them be among the hardest enemies in the game to fight, but also make them equally hard to convince through dialogue. Kind of like deities, but a little bit less powerful.

I don't want the Skyrim version where you can kill a dragon with a few shots if you have the right skills.

Dragon's are so outdated. Started to hate those hundreds of dragon's in Skyrim now..

It's like the zombie hype :banghead:

Skyrim overdid it.

First Dragon: OH #%#$ a dragon, run!

Second Dragon: The dragon is attacking the tower, join us so we can kill it, It'll be a hard battle but we'll get him.

10836th Dragon: OH #%#$ a dragon, don't move so I can one-shot you with my Exquisite diamond slingshot.

• Like 3

Dragon's are so outdated. Started to hate those hundreds of dragon's in Skyrim now..

Skyrim overdid it.

Second Dragon: The dragon is attacking the tower, join us so we can kill it, It'll be a hard battle but we'll get him.

10836th Dragon: OH #%#$ a dragon, don't move so I can one-shot you with my Exquisite diamond slingshot.

That's why you get the Deadly Dragons mod on top of playing on the hardest difficulty. They actually become a threat!

53vfdj.jpg

Skyrim overdid it.

That's why you get the Deadly Dragons mod on top of playing on the hardest difficulty. They actually become a threat!

And more annoying, if not accompanied by a mod that dramatically reduces their numbers and one that stops the drain soul music.

Hopefully if they decide to put in dragons they will flesh them out and tie them to their universe's lore. I believe i'm tired of dragons because there is so little effort to present them in different ways, they are basically the same in every fiction.

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

If there are dragons, they should be really hard to kill. I want to see physics really make an impact on combat overall. If a warrior gets a nice two handed sword blow in, the force and momentum from the impact should send lighter opponents flying, regardless of HP or stamina levels.

If a much larger creature, such as a dragon, hits you with its massive tail or claw, you should be in serious trouble. They should be approached with caution and probably not approached at all if you want to stay alive.

Just barely.

I still can't fathom why Bethesda turned one of the most feared creatures in fantasy literature into at best, a minor annoyance.

It's like watching youth sports where there's this idiotic push to take away the idea of winning and losing, so everybody can get a participation trophy, where true excellence is no different than mediocrity or even ineptitude ... hey guess what people, the kids know what a joke this is.

• Like 2

Can we please get back to talking 'bout the merits of romance-able companions in the game?

How about a romanceable dragon and when you kiss, she transforms into a hot, busty chick and you live happily ever after?

All sexism aside ... This is the kind of stupid ideas we need! :w00t:

I'm kind of bored of the stereotypes and cliches we all have to face in every RPG we play. But also I don't want this game to be slapstick comedy like the extreme version of this short suggestion implies. But spiced with story etc. such ideas become wonderful parts of wonderful games ... we just need a good mix of old and "stupid", new/creative ideas!

And by the way: The concept of souls at least allows us to think of very powerful entities, which overpower maybe even the main story line. A soul is just a matter of personality and background-story. This means, that we shouldn't waste powerful cliches, like dragons just for the sake of having a "cool" character. The concept of soul is also what makes your character strong, not the poor fact of him being connected to some powerful, long forgotten, animalish creature.

I prefer playing the David, not the Goliath, since we all once started as Davids!

People are the real monsters, I think we need to see some more politicians in this rpg.

Obsidian ‏@Obsidian Current PayPal status: $140,000. 2,200 backers

"Hmm so last Paypal information was 140,000 putting us at 4,126,929. We did well over and beyond 4 million, and still have an old backer number from Paypal. 76,186 backers. It's very possible that we have over 75,000 backers if I had new Paypal information. Which means we may have 15 Mega dungeon levels, and we already are going to have an amazing game + cats (I swear I will go stir crazy if Adam doesn't own up to the cats thing :p)."

Switching to Paypal means that more of your money will go towards Project Eternity. (The more you know.)

Paypal charges .30 cents per transaction and 2.2% for anything over 100,000 per month for U.S currency. Other currency is different, ranging from anywhere between 2.2-4.9%.

Kick Starter is a fixed 5% charge at the end.

Hmm I recall that someone posted a link to a guy, who described that meeting a dragon in the open was basically "You lose!" if you tried to fight it...

Being a dragon would mean, being one of the most OP races in any universe :D

Meeting a dragon... sure

Befriending a dragon... sure

Fighting a dragon... not so sure... at least it should be something more complex than go to dragon's lair and fight it...

Becoming a student/disciple of said dragon and getting some new powers and plot line through becoming a disciple (Super ultra high charisma/diplomacy skills)... could be cool

• Like 1